A minor-league hockey team is sponsoring a "Charlie Sheen Night," featuring a collection of quirky promotions befitting the mercurial comic actor.
The Bakersfield, California, Condors of the East Coast Hockey League (East Coast?!) are offering these specials for their March 12 game against the Idaho Steelheads, straight from their website:
- Wear a fedora, or dress like any Charlie Sheen movie character and receive admission for two and a half bucks ($2.50).
- Bring a clean drug test and receive free admission.
- 2-for-1 Tiger Blood Icees and snow cones for the kids.
- The first 1,000 males will receive a Charlie Sheen face on a stick mask.
- Follow the Condors on Twitter and we're confident you won't be nearly as entertained as if you followed Charlie Sheen on Twitter. However, the Condors are inviting everyone to sign up to follow the Condors on Twitter, and if we beat Charlie's Guinness World Record of reaching 1 million followers in less than 25 hours and 17 minutes, we'll let Charlie rename the team, as he seems to have a lot of creative ideas lately.
- Bring $2 million (reportedly as much as Charlie doesn't earn with each canceled episode) and you can own the Condors!
- Charlie's dubbed "Goddesses" (Natalie Kenly and Rachel Oberlin) have been named as honorary captains for the game. We're guessing the Steelheads won't mind if they get to hang out on the bench.
- A rock band from Mars will play in front of the arena on the plaza before the game.
- Before this game, the Condors aren't going to practice, attempting to channel Sheen's no-rehearsal-required spirit.
The team would love it if Sheen were to participate, Condors President Matthew Riley said on the team's website.
"We would invite him come up to the game and participate in a ceremonial puck drop and just have fun for the night with our fans. We'll even give him the ticket special for dressing up like himself," Riley said, according to the site.
"And oh yeah," he added. "To stick with the Charlie Sheen theme, we plan on 'winning' the game."