Jihadist magazine advises women on beauty, marrying mujaheddin
March 14th, 2011

Jihadist magazine advises women on beauty, marrying mujaheddin

For those women who felt left out by previous jihadist magazines, the people behind a new publication may think they have an answer.

The newly released Arabic-language Al-Shamikha magazine mixes advice on beauty and fashion with instruction to raise children to be ready for jihad, according to Britain’s Daily Mail and the Independent.

The magazine’s 31-page inaugural issue advises not only on how women can aspire to a fine complexion - in part by keeping their faces covered and staying indoors when possible - but also how to land a great catch of a man among the mujaheddin, according to the Independent.

Also, “readers are told it is their duty to raise children to be mujaheddin ready for jihad,” and one article tells readers to give their lives for the fight against the enemies of Islam, the Daily Mail reports.

The publication - whose cover features a machine gun and an image of a veiled woman – also features interviews with women who praise their husbands who died in suicide attacks, according to the Daily Mail.

Al-Shamikha is distributed by the same al Qaeda media wing behind the English-language Inspire magazine, which debuted last year, the Daily Mail and the Independent report.

Inspire, geared toward Westerners who might be interested in the jihadist cause, is an online publication of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula that includes advice on how to build bombs and encrypt messages. Inspire’s inaugural issue had an article titled "Make a Bomb in the Kitchen of Your Mom."

Post by:
Filed under: Al Qaeda • Terrorism
  1. gg

Where are the leaders of the Muslim community denouncing PUBLICALLY , radical acts on behalf of Islam. Let these leaders clean out their own mosques before they tell others how to run the country. Instead, they quietly tolerate this radical undercurrent within their community. Yell it from the mosque tops. Let this "small minority" know this behavior wont be tollerated by the greater majority of Islam??? Why do you allow your religion and beliefs to get tainted by this "minority"? Make you wonder who is really in charge !

March 15, 2011 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  2. abuzayd

the muslims invented SOAP, lol cleanliness is part of our religion. women are not only allowed to shave it's recommended for both men and women that they shave armpits and private parts. we wash our behinds after taking a dump so we don't walk around with crusty butts all day until the next shower unlike most others who have no clue. keep your filth to yourself.

March 15, 2011 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Meborg

If Muslims invented soap, how come they never use it? I have been to the Middle East many times, all you smell is RAW SWEATY MEAT!!!!!

March 15, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. gg

Let's face it there will always be stupid people who are weak minded and cant make a decent choice if their life depended on it. BOOM!

March 15, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  4. Guest

"I have a great business idea, Jihadist magazine which has a growing.... oh wait, decreasing subscriber base. Crap!"

March 15, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
    • sk

lolll...some of the coments are toooo funyyyyyy

March 15, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  5. Lin

Jihadist magazine advises women on
    =========
    Do as you are told or be killed..

March 15, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  6. Andrew D

Nut's . sad but true

March 15, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. Grog

I can just imagine their advice on child rearing. "Enjoy your sons and instill the wishes of Allah. Love them while you can, because they blow up so fast."

March 15, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. Kenny

Until now this has always been a serious issue with me but this morning I sat here drinking my coffee before going to work and now I'm afraid I'll not be able to go to work today because I really can't explaine to my co-workers why I would sit laughing all day. What really takes the cake is that after the terrorist commits suicide and finds out the 70 virgins are 70 year old remanufactured virgins, he will really be ticked off then.

March 15, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  9. Joel

I think the goal of this article is to point out that jihadists are adding information to magazines to mainstream jihadist ideals and desensitize whomever reads the "jihadist corner" of the magazine to make it ok for your sons and daughters to kill themselves for the jihadist adjenda. Maybe people can be slowly molded (or even cohersed) to believe it is ok for there son or daughter to die for someones adjenda...hitler is an example. God bless the independent thinker who figures out the jihadist evil adjenda in propoganda and says the jihadist adjenda is crap and don't let there sons and daughters read such garbage and if mothers allow there children to read this it is pointed out jihadists are cowards and can do there own dirty work for there own power struggle with the world. I wish for the day when real muslims shut down dark hearted evil doing muslims. I one day would like to visit the middle east without my M16 to see/enjoy the culture and history as a friend.

March 15, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  10. Tacosauce

Hey Jane, I hate to break it to you but sitting around trolling the internet for an excuse to bash somebody's religious beliefs is a major indication that you lack intelligence yourself. Most religions are peaceful, including muslims and christians, but as it happens each religious group has it's oddballs that misinterpret the reading and messages that their religion offers. In the case of Baptism I would have to say it's the Westboro church that's misinformed. Not all the good christians, catholics, muslims, etc., go to church to worship. If you knew anything about what it was you were trying to bash, you would know church isn't a requirement with most religions. Please educate yourself.

March 15, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
    • the ta0

Unfortunately Muslim has the largest oddballs of all of them. Just go to Gallup Polls and Pew Research Center and type the word Sharia law and you'll find how many Muslim wants to be govern with religious law in the 21st century. I'm sure you never live in Muslim country but I was born and raise in Malaysia and I know the political and religious environment I live in. So don't try to educate or tell me about Islamic Law. Sharia comes with many different intepretation since there's multiple Islamic school of thoughts and is also one of the factor Muslim persecute one another due different intepretation of Sharia law. That goes the same for Christianity since there are many christian denomination but how many times do you see christian, jews hindus, catholic and theist persecute one another? I acknowledge there are persecution within other faith but is rare.

March 15, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  11. Jamez

Wow.....can't wait to see the centerfold for this one! LMAO! This is very disturbing!

March 15, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  12. David

Hey Brian, you are daft and confused in thinking the American government has morals. Getting Iraq out of Kuwait was a purely selfish move. They removed a hostile government from an oil supplying friendly country.

March 15, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  13. tom

Hell, I can't even find one virgin. Where is the virgin ware house located?

March 15, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. michaelfury

"The same al Qaeda media wing" led by this guy?

March 15, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jim G

Look, as an Englishman, I can tell you now take everything the Daily Fail says with a pinch of salt. It's an evil mild melter – it's best used to line the cat litter. Not to be taken seriously. This is my opinion and it's shared by many.

March 15, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Cheryl from Minnesota

thats good to know. thank you :)

March 15, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |