Jihadist magazine advises women on beauty, marrying mujaheddin
March 14th, 2011

Jihadist magazine advises women on beauty, marrying mujaheddin

For those women who felt left out by previous jihadist magazines, the people behind a new publication may think they have an answer.

The newly released Arabic-language Al-Shamikha magazine mixes advice on beauty and fashion with instruction to raise children to be ready for jihad, according to Britain’s Daily Mail and the Independent.

The magazine’s 31-page inaugural issue advises not only on how women can aspire to a fine complexion - in part by keeping their faces covered and staying indoors when possible - but also how to land a great catch of a man among the mujaheddin, according to the Independent.

Also, “readers are told it is their duty to raise children to be mujaheddin ready for jihad,” and one article tells readers to give their lives for the fight against the enemies of Islam, the Daily Mail reports.

The publication - whose cover features a machine gun and an image of a veiled woman – also features interviews with women who praise their husbands who died in suicide attacks, according to the Daily Mail.

Al-Shamikha is distributed by the same al Qaeda media wing behind the English-language Inspire magazine, which debuted last year, the Daily Mail and the Independent report.

Inspire, geared toward Westerners who might be interested in the jihadist cause, is an online publication of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula that includes advice on how to build bombs and encrypt messages. Inspire’s inaugural issue had an article titled "Make a Bomb in the Kitchen of Your Mom."

Post by:
Filed under: Al Qaeda • Terrorism
  1. Cheryl from Minnesota

I am ALL for freedom of speech............but why can't world governments keep sites like these OFF the internet??? This just insights hatred and KILLING! We will never be rid of dangerous elements if we allow sites like these to stay online. I am for freedom of speech...........but please keep these OFF the internet!!!

March 15, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Meborg

Then you are not "ALL" for freedom of speech, sounds like you like the Canadian, French , or German version of freedom of speech.

March 17, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  2. Gia

Where are the protests against radical Muslims here in America? Why aren't the good Muslims speaking against the violence *here*, where there is no fear of reprisal? That's what *I* want to know...I can see being afraid in the ME, but *here*? And if they are still afraid of reprisal *here*, why aren't they acting like a good American Muslim and reporting this?

March 15, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. VoiceOfReason

No religion ever protests against itself because they are all scams. The devil controls them all to get everyone to hate the other group of sheep instead of fixing their own flock. You can't see that? Catholics condone hanky panky with children and muslims often do to. Those who think one is less evil than the other needs their head examined. Bush sent a mostly christian army into two countries to kill muslims (many women and children) how is he not the same as a muslim whom kills innocents? Wake up everyone you're being scammed by false prophets. Hide your children!

March 15, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. BachelorParty

@Gia: Do/did you ever dance nekked? I seem to remember a Gia...... ???? :o

March 15, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Crickets

*chirping* Looks like the masses have been silenced by reason.. *chirping*

March 15, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Gia

Only if the price is right...and you won't make enough $ in your lifetime to be able to afford me! ;)

March 15, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Zeta

@VoR: you don't think Catholics speak out against their own priests? You would be very wrong! Just because the media only likes to report the problems and not people taking action towards solutions...doesn't mean people are not speaking/acting against them...

March 15, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. cheechnchong

Hey what's up wid d's G-hoodest? O dem dos dudes on da eastside sellin dem big rocks...Yeah, well it says here dat dey make da stuff in dare mom's kitchen, it's called da bomb...Dude dats da stuff if you smoke to much will blow your head off...Last time I saw some of dem G-hoodest dey was throwin d's big firecrackers at me yellin Hllo Eggbert!, whose Eggbert? I think dats da boss dude, O yeah, I remember dat dude from Sesame Street... :shock:

March 15, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. BachelorParty

@Gia: I think it was her stage name. Lol You have no clue how much wealth I will amass. I wouldn't pay for it anyways. I'm not your typical sucker buying girls stuff hoping for a pp touch. That's good you have standards though, but I've come to notice that women would rather have a man with a big wallet than a little one. Even my 65 year old father gets yelled at by 18-21 year old girls when he drives his expensive convertible sports car , so forgive me if I don't believe you about there not being enough $ to get your clothes off. Lol

March 15, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Alpha

Hi Zeta... Tick tock tick tock... You think God forgives a child abuser more or less when he believes in Jesus? I would think less. Most people think a cop or judge should do more time when convicted of a crime. A priest is like a judge or cop. They know the rules better than anybody. I would think God takes less pity on them. Now where is this million man catholic march you speak of? Last time I checked there was no million catholic march on washington dc or the vatican to demand the pope allow a financial audit and to release all the files they have regarding the touching of little boy's bung bungs. Where is a link to the site you've gotten this information from? I'd like to see it please so I can stop bashing the catholic's version of false prophet worship. At least the muslims admit they like young girls.

March 15, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. BachelorParty

@ Gia(real or troll): Eh wrong, and wrong. Nice try though. I know the internet is crawling with Monster drinkers and WoW gamers, but I work, work out, and have a nice life ahead of me. If young girls fling themselves at old men in $60k sports cars.. I wonder what happens when it's a $250k+ auto? Hmmmm.. Typical cavewoman chasing shiny metal trinkets and man with biggest "club" and biggest dwelling. Ugh me want shiny metal thing. Here have this wet gushy thing.. Ugh.. So easy a caveman can do it. ;)

March 15, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Zeta

Alpha:

Did I say *anything* about God forgiving priests before other abusers? No, I did not. In other words, for anyone to make their voice heard, they have to have a million-man march on D.C., is that your thought process? In your mind, speaking out means violence, is that it? Or do you just like type bung-hole?
    I wasn't talking to you, anyway. I am now, though. You want stats, look them up yourself. You want to know what the Catholics are doing/saying, look it up yourself. You seem to enjoy trying to incite and irritate anyone of any faith, so you spit out your vitriolic rhetoric in hopes of starting an argument. Like we haven't heard your bs before. Tick tock. Buh bye!

March 15, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Alpha

Why would I want to incite violence if I don't even condone child abuse? You religious types always twist everyone's words. Lol Are you saying those crazy blacks got violent when they marched on DC for equal rights? A march suggests non violent protest. Lol And yes I would like to see all faiths rise up and demand more in return for the souls they willingly give to Jesus or Muhammad. Are you saying enough is being done?

March 15, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. BachelorParty

@Gia: You act like you don't care, yet you keep responding. I never called you a troll.. Interesting. I wouldn't expect anything less from a woman than to pretend she cares then flip the argument to make men the bad guy. ;) You're strangely arousing... Goodnight.

March 15, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Zeta

Who said I was religious? Who said I'm not? I'm not saying anything except there are Catholics that speak out against the child abuse that priests have committed. That's all. Anything else is on you, and please do not try to rearrange my words to fit your agenda...whatever that may be. I'll say it again: Catholics ARE speaking out against this aberration. Because YOU may not be listening does not mean the words are not being said. Catholics ARE trying to eradicate this abomination that has tainted the Catholic faith. Again, just because YOU don't know about it does not mean it's not being done. Educate yourself...it's not my job to do that for you.

March 15, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |