Elizabeth Taylor dead at 79
March 23rd, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor dead at 79

Actress Elizabeth Taylor has died, her publicist told CNN. She was 79.

The two-time Oscar winner died "peacefully today in Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles," said a statement from her publicist. She was hospitalized six weeks ago with congestive heart failure, "a condition with which she had struggled for many years. Though she had recently suffered a number of complications, her condition had stabilized and it was hoped that she would be able to return home. Sadly, this was not to be."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Movies • Showbiz
  1. mary

Who ever u r @ 4:56 and 5:23 I am the real Jazz7 pls dont use it.

March 23, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. cesar r

No im the real jazz . .mary is an alter personality

March 23, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jazz7

Cesar r ? , you finally realized we are twins , LOL

March 23, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazz7

But I'm Better Looking WoooooooooHOOOOOOOOO

March 23, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazz7

Night BOOBIE :)

March 23, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. abe

Gaaak!

March 23, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. shocked

Oh my goodness! well better her than us right?

March 23, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Patty

CNN!!How can U let these idiots post such filthy garbage. About Liz Taylor? Is it because U like to stir things up no matter how gross it is. Shame on U CNN.

March 23, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. tjmc

What a pack of a**holes! R.I.P. Dame Taylor.

March 24, 2011 at 3:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Richard Allen

I only ever knew her as that woman who was a movie star, but her career was overshadowed by her various failed marriages. No disrespect, but that's probably my generations point of view outside the entertainment industry (Gen X). I am sure she was a great actress. Perhaps I will go check out a few of her films.

March 24, 2011 at 3:27 am | Report abuse | Reply