The day's most popular stories
A celebrity look-alike photographer has published a book of photos about the royal couple.
April 2nd, 2011

The day's most popular stories

The five most popular stories on CNN.com in the past 24 hours, according to NewsPulse.

Hole on plane forces Southwest flight to land: Southwest Airlines announced Saturday that it is grounding 81 planes for inspection following an incident in which one of its flights was forced to make an emergency landing after a 3-foot hole tore open in the fuselage of the plane.

Radioactive water leaks from Japan nuke plant: A first attempt to plug a cracked concrete shaft that is leaking highly radioactive water into the ocean off Japan failed Saturday, so officials are now exploring alternatives, spokesmen for Tokyo Electric Power Co. said.

Kate and William: Private moments revealed? It's a scene few would witness - the sight of a scantily clad, soon-to-be-royal Kate Middleton serving Britain's Prince William breakfast in bed. FULL STORY

Protests erupt after Quran burning in U.S.: The deadly protests in northern Afghanistan over a Quran burning spread to the country's war-torn southern region on Saturday, with provincial government officials reporting at least nine civilians dead and dozens injured.

Ryan budget targets Medicaid, Medicare: House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin, will unveil a highly anticipated 2012 Republican budget next week that proposes dramatic changes to political lightning rods: entitlements.

Post by:
Filed under: Most Popular
  1. Sunar From Indonesia Phone: 628993362379 Web: http://zonacyber.xtgem.com

i heard rumor that kate-william royal wedding, observed by ET, believe it or not !

April 3, 2011 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. RUFFNUTT

i hate et.. he bought me dinner, took me to a movie, probbed me then never called me back..

@et you said you were going to show how to build a flux capacitor for my camaro you alien jerk...

ps. never trust et.. he is a liar...

April 3, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

LOL...you shoulddent be so acceptin' of cheap dates...LOL

April 3, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Herbert

Typical female alien , RuffNutt. They do it all the time and never call back like they say they will.

April 3, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  4. Anne Hummer

On FrIday, April 1, I was waiting in California for a Southwest Airlines flight from Phoenix with final destination Baltimore. It was delayed several hours and the only thing that Southwest representatives told us was that it was a "maintenance" issue that was delaying our flights. They must have known about the hole ripped into the fuselage of the flight to Sacramento and should have told us what was really going on so that we could have made an informed decision about continuing our journeys on Southwest. I trust my life to the airlines when I fly and I think they owe passengers the truth about delays. Shame on Southwest.

April 3, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Whodda known it was an April's fool stunt gone awry...asking whether you wanted to participate ahead of time would have put a damper on the gag response when it played out...so be reasonable Anne.

April 3, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

@Anne Hummer...thanks for sharing that account. But I don't think it's even logistically possible to accomplish what we would all like to see in cases such as this one. You are right, but I don't think it can be done. (or would be too costly)

April 3, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

And you don't want to start the 'shame-cycle' that leads to self-defeating behavior with any of the major airlines, or you're liable to end up with holes in airplanes.

April 3, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

I think it would be in good gesture and taste for Southwest to give a prize to anyone sitting on their planes near a window that is riddled with an appliqué of bullet holes on the window without complaint. They would win a free fare and hotel stay of their choosing.

April 3, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

...of course anne would loose her prize cause she complained...

April 3, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joel Raes

Back to the same old useless stuff and topics.

Thanks,

Joel Raes

April 3, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

Mmmmm reminds me of a bumper sticker: "Getin, shut up, and hang on", and another: "If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk". That was before holey airplanes though.

April 3, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

We call 'em backseat drivers and those who keep pressing those imaginary breaks on the passenger side a bit nervous...

April 3, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mmmmm

I think Kate and William would make great bopping heads on car dashboards...

April 3, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. 1608

Bopping heads?

April 3, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Correction, bobbing heads...sorry thanks 1608! It's my virtual mimosa!

April 3, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  11. RUFFNUTT

i would never fly in a plane..

April 3, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

No you couldn't fly in a plane...a paper plane could fly in a plane.

April 3, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

...a fly can fly in a plane...

April 3, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. JAZZ

That's ok Mmmmm , no ones perfect but your pretty close to it. 🙂

April 3, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Well 1608 has shown the whole wide world, www, that a couple of letters can make a whole wide of a difference so I figured words can do the same...and why are you taking up fer ru...everyone knows I love picking on him...

April 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • JAZZ

Come again didn't understand your last question ?

April 3, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. 1608

Okay but I still can't say what's on my mind. This is some what of a family show.

April 3, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. JAZZ

@ Ruffnutt , pls don't say that I'm going on one in August. First time since 911, hope it's not going to be a real long drawn out experience in the airport. I'm going for the Xray machine, the only one I want patting me down is the Boobie.

April 3, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Girl fight fire with fire...kill spirits with spirits...I would suggest absolute alcohol for you...or you can try my cranberry mimosa with a squeezed of lime wrapped around the rim...plus cranberry is good fo the bladder wich is good for those on long plane rides and don't like blue toilets...

April 3, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

...even elephetnutts can keep you company...he can hose down the entire plane. You can use him to safely detect any holes or ho' s in the plane.

April 3, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. JAZZ

I'll go for the mimosa and would avoid the toilet at all costs knowing the whole words been there.

April 3, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |