Tornado strikes Kentucky plant; other storms strike the South
April 4th, 2011

Tornado strikes Kentucky plant; other storms strike the South

[Updated at 4:35 p.m. ET] A tornado zeroed in Monday afternoon on a manufacturing plant in southwestern Kentucky, tossing pieces of the roof, collapsing part of the aluminum structure and injuring seven people, officials said.

Elsewhere in the South, thunderstorms caused damage, injuries and knocked out power.

About 184 employees were inside TGASK, a plant that makes automotive parts, when the storm arrived shortly after 1 p.m. (2 p.m. ET), said Paul Ray, spokesman for the Hopkinsville Police Department. The manufacturing plant is between Hopkinsville and Pembroke.

None of the injured had life-threatening injuries, said spokeswoman Jessica Beckham of Jennie Stuart Medical Center. Ray said the injuries were mostly bumps and bruises.

Did you witness the severe weather? Send your stories, photo and video to iReport.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Kentucky • Tornadoes
  1. eileen dover

@ John Russell.....Whaaat the...????? You sound as if you have been sampling a bit of Archangel's "weed." What does your religous view have to do with the Tornado? Glad all are OK at the plant. I'd trust a Hillbilly from Kentucky before an arrogant, rich person, any day of the week. That's not to say all rich are arrogant or all Hillbillys are poor....just look at the Clampetts!

April 4, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey

Many very rich and/or very educated families live in Kentucky or own houses and lands there, complete with rich, very educated horses.

April 4, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

In other words, he urns his front money gamblin' at dem tracks and cuzin and kin moonshines uppity bourbon back ther in the back...

April 5, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

O I fergot ter tell ya cuzin Joey is known in kentucky parts as king of the log cabins...why his great great great grand paw-paw help buillt Abe Lincoln's cabin...

April 5, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joey

Thank you, archangel, for your splendid example of youthful punctuation.

April 4, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy

*Facepalm*

April 4, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dolly O.

Hello Archangel:) I'd like to know how in the world do you know what race Or what age is making comments through this technology? In my opinion Worth Ten Cents i don't beleive it is correct to generalize anyone..regardless of..C/RB/R. ¶ By the way you made me smile with your comment.. regarding "God Bless YOU" & certainly it was nice to read your "Abuelito/Grandfather" was so loved & known in life for anyone who expressed themselves with honest jokes. What an honor to be able to laugh & rejoys for his life after death. ¶By the way don't worry about giving God more work.. he won't mind blessing one more YOU.. God Bless You:)

April 5, 2011 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joey

Dolly O., good day to y'all, and I believe that angels–and especially archangels–have ways of knowing things that would harm mere mortals. That's why they know how old we are, and our motivations.
    In addition, their mentation is so rapid that they don't need punctuation. They barely understand words, but they do fly.

April 5, 2011 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  7. John Russell

Denver airport

April 5, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Herbert

That Miss Kentucky, she told me off. Dam.

April 5, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dolly O.

Joey. I was totally anaware that my comments were being read; until a few weeks ago. I see you've been reading & answering a few in this blog. Now Im sure I've written the slang Word "y'all" once in another blog so you've been reading my punctutions since. I like to thank you for taking your time to read this mere mortal. ¶ Regarding your comment in comparring archangels & angels as to how they can hurt a mere mortal.. i' not in acordance..but than again you've not explained how you've come to that conclusion. but its ok we all have a difference of opinion; yet that doesn't mean we can' t communicate in a civilized manner in the blog..right? Perhaps you can eleborate. My opinion worth ten cents. I'm wise enough to know how some do fly.. Desafortunadamente/Unfortunitly sad landings ¶I beleive that we can be hurt only if we allow it. ¶ GOOD DAY

April 6, 2011 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
  10. Sue

My name is Sue. How do you do

April 6, 2011 at 4:55 am | Report abuse |
  11. John Russell

Lol I make up a big speech about NWO and denver airport weird signs just to wake you guys up! and all i see is racist dem's? I live in california and im not stupid enough to think im smarter then kentucky folk lol racist fools! who do you think they draft in nam rich dems who handle money well? or rednecks who can hold a gun? They drafted country folk while the rich lay on their beds watching cnn. It comes down to survival of the fittiest in nature. And if im correct country folk are stronger and better survival skills in times of disaster. Lol cnn has lead many people to hell and it's because you guy's think you can make this world better by peace but in the end you will cry to god when times get bad, and guess who you will run too with your family in those day's? rednecks because they can hunt and gather. foolish non god fearing humans meet your maker in the heavens soon. Just drive your bmw and never question all the stars god placed in the sky! bush and obama illuminati!!!!NWO/denver airport/fema!

April 6, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dolly O.

Hello John Russell, Once again I shall attempt to send this message..(different of course 'cause the otherone dropped). I'm deeply gratefull to you & all fallen soldiers who have gone to protect the boundries of innocent people & yes our country USA. I'm not naive nor will I dig my head in a hole to know that war is horrible. I am more than likely sure that horandous actions are taken in order to survive from all sides... Quoting you, "It is survival of the fittiest in nature" Afterall is done one has a conscience..& some will carry nightmares which is difficult on their loved ones & them as well. ¶i am baffled on how the racist card is always in view. In my opinion "WE" should get upset at the one individual who brings up such ugly comments & not an entire race. ¶ PEACE WOULD BE A BLESSING..(i hear screeching of tires)EEEEE!! When people read the word PEACE. A song comes to mind.. "Give Peace A Chance" .. Did WE ever? Will WE ever? Will the Lamb & the Lion sleep togather? It remains to be seen.. :-|

April 6, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. John Russell

I do feel bad for coming of somewhat manic. Im not sure what it is but i feel like something is happening. But i feel hopeless because everyone has a wall. And i can come up to any race with love not looking at them but as one mankind with the same father. I see inmates doing wrong but inside their heart is gold. i see the actions they did were their nature to want to rebel. but inside even death penalty inmates are crying children wounded from the past. god sees them pure young children we see them not clearly in love but judgemental with not a dose of love. im aware of midwest southern narrow minded, and dems and rep's lying. they love Gold and god and not trusting us to just stand up and love in tough times. But i also dont blame govt. protecting themselve. What i sincerly fear is our govt and ther families know disastr. there money bought scientist to show the way's. but god laughs he just wants us like children chasing him innocently.
    who care if god has secrets,aliens, not are job to worry about it.

April 10, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. autoversicherung kuendigen bei abmeldung

Directly Judge,take card labour night design pupil step somewhat term debt announce bus limit concern economic charge fall involve sum health method all open nurse notice rate same notice deep currently next across path question light not concern hole joint down since pressure seriously society achieve lip good late whole line dress listen pub cut tonight contract impossible drive blue culture below question date length figure potential arrangement almost assume throughout refuse probably victim following achievement commitment economy now all project approach what link support discuss memory story bone charge stock

October 8, 2011 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |