The day's most popular stories
April 5th, 2011

The day's most popular stories

The five most popular stories on CNN.com in the past 24 hours, according to NewsPulse:

Crash victims' dad: Leave remains underwater: A leader of a group for families of those lost in the crash of an Air France jet said Tuesday that despite the discovery of their remains on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean, he wants the bodies of his loved ones left where they are.

Search to resume for missing woman: The remains of three women found on a remote stretch of beach in Long Island, New York, do not include those of Shannan Gilbert, whose search led to the investigation of a possible serial killer.

iPhone 5 release date: big buzz, few facts: The internet has swirled with speculation in recent weeks about a release date for Apple's iPhone 5, and even whether the company will update its iconic smartphone at all this year. Now, the most tenuous of news reports has ramped the talk up again.

Utility: Radioactive water leak from reactor stopped: The leak of highly radioactive water into the Pacific from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant has stopped, Tokyo Electric Power Company said early Wednesday.

Democrats, Republicans fail to reach budget deal: Top White House and congressional negotiators failed to reach agreement Tuesday on a spending plan for the rest of the current fiscal year, bringing the federal government closer to a shutdown at the end of the week.

Filed under: Most Popular
  1. ELMER FUDD

testing

April 6, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ELMER FUDD

April 6, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ELMER FUDD

@ Bugs: thanks but who does THE DEVIL think I am and who is he? Read Wednesday's LIve and tell me, PLS ;0

April 6, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy

@Bugs: hi, GTG!

April 6, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ELMER FUDD

Banasy Hello , have you read Wednesday's Live? Do you know the answear's to my questions from .3:30

April 6, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

ELMER, if you're asking if I know who the Devil *thinks* you are, then no. I haven't a clue who the Devil, Satan, or Lucifer, et al, is...people change their names so often here, it's hard to keep up. It's possible that I knew him for a while under a different name that he kept for a long time...but I really don't know. Sorry.

If this isn't what you wanted to know, just let me know. I couldn't find a 3:30 in Weds Live.

April 6, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. andrew

Here is some interesting news that I am sure is happening all over the world including the US that I have not seen on any major news sites.

April 7, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |