Plea deal canceled in Jaycee Dugard kidnapping case
Phillip Garrido, left, and his wife Nancy Garrido
April 7th, 2011

Plea deal canceled in Jaycee Dugard kidnapping case

A plea deal for Phillip Garrido, charged with the alleged kidnapping and rape of Jaycee Dugard, a young California girl held captive from ages 11 until 29, was canceled Thursday, according to his wife's attorney.

Post by:
Filed under: California • Courts • Crime • Jaycee Dugard • Justice
  1. steve whitehead

PLEA DEAL????????????
    Take them both immediately to San Quentin and EXECUTE then BOTH!!! Plea deal. . we ain't got no stinking plea deal for the likes of them!!

April 7, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ole lady

How do they get a plea deal???? They didn't give her a plea deal!!! How do the bad guys get rights when the victim didn't while being held captive?? What a bass axwards concept.

April 7, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. AndyTheGameInventor

The point behind the plea deal is to prevent the victim from having to testify. Remember that this "deal" was that the husband NEVER leaves jail, and the wife MIGHT get parole at age 85, in exchange for the victim not having to face them in a trial.

April 7, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jourdain

A snake in a box is worth two in a bush

April 7, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. shejean

I agree, we know they are guilty, nothing to prove, they should not be in any position to bargain. His wife is equally guilty. Both deserve the death penalty immediately. No long prison time for tax payers to support them, just a strong dose of phenabarbitol or what ever it is they give! That is what I am willing to support. A legal case will be massively expensive and fruitless. Just more taxpayer expense.

April 7, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. blogging?

– I want you all to know that I'm gay, my therapist said this is the best way for me to feel good about it, if anyone wants to join me you are welcomed.

April 7, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Timmy

I'm glad you're happy.

May 3, 2011 at 4:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. ole lady

Glad you're out the closet but it took a therapist to get you to come out??? A chat room is what you need not a blog. We here enjoy people views on the articles.

April 7, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. blogging?

Yes ole lady, I was scared of people, you know how some ignorant people react but thanks to my doctor I can say it out loud; I'm gay and I love it, thanks ole lady, love ya

April 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. blogging?

the sick people are at it again. that is not me above, someone is playing sick, demented games. i've reported this person(s) and will continue to. but no more cnn for me. any other comments you read with my screen name are NOT me. sick, evil individuals...

April 7, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Baby Boomer Queen

If Jaycee Dugard wants a plea deal then let her have it.
    She has gone through enough as I am sure her children have too.
    What ever she wants to do and that monster never gets out of jail even if he is 110 years old.
    The wife. She is a victim too. Look at her and you can tell she is.
    What ever has to be done to help Jaycee Dugard, is what needs to be done. I do not blame here for wanting this to be over and not dragged though television and the news, and to be over with A.S.A.P.

Good luck Jaycee Dugard!

Sharon
    ~The Baby Boomer Queen~

April 7, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. blogging?

the person behind this is the one who has posted frequently in the past as "The Devil", "Satan" and "Lucifer" – how fitting. i am going to do everything in my power, professionally and legally, to get this individual stopped. i am very sick about this and also very angry. the wheels are in motion. this person has threatened me on other threads. death threats. he/she will be stopped.

April 7, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • slomoven

You're sick alright. Look elsewhere

April 28, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sunshine Girl

Ms. Dugaard did'nt a choice in her captivity. Then she bore 2 children with this monster without choice. You cant tell me the wife did'nt have a part in it. Shes just as guilty as he is. I say get a rope, find a tree, and hang 'em high. Dont give them a choice.

April 8, 2011 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |