Block party: Brazil builds world's tallest Lego tower
Former Brazilian footballer Cafu celebrates the construction of the world's tallest tower of lego bricks Saturday in Sao Paulo.
April 9th, 2011

Block party: Brazil builds world's tallest Lego tower

Move over Chile, Brazil has just finished building the world's largest Lego tower.

Standing at 31.19 meters the tower in the city of Sao Paulo breaks the previous record set in Santiago, Chile, in 2008 by 25 centimeters.

Brazilian former footballer Cafu was responsible for attaching the last piece of the tower, which was built in the parking lot of a shopping mall.

Lego sent  designers from Denmark to Brazil for the event, the company said on its website.

The tower took four days to build.

The first Lego tower was built in London in 1988 and stood just a little over 15 meters, according to Lego. Since then 53 cities have hosted the tower in more than 30 countries.

Post by:
Filed under: Brazil • Chile
  1. banasy

*Facepalm*

Slow news day, CNN? Oops, forgot it's Saturday. My bad.

April 9, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pearson

Who u talkin to? *looks around fearfully*

April 10, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. raven

Now you kids pick up this parkin lot,if I step on more Lego, theyre all goin in the trash !

April 9, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Dim Mak

It smells like Sao Paulo

April 9, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. banasy

*For those who will inevitably gripe about me being off topic, I will use OT when I’m about to do so. Feel free to skip my post. Carry on. Discuss.*

OT
    @raven: hello, sista! How are you?

I thought *exactly* the same thing! I can't tell you how many time I've had my feet aerated by those things when my kids were younger!

April 9, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. banasy

OT

Hi, Dim. Didn't see your post until I posted mine.

April 9, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Rupert world phonehacking

rupert caught in the act.. He says its just some friends like those he has courted in u.s. And british military circles. Could the king of world slease fall with his contractor creeps? Nope.. Rupert has a lock on privacy invasion worldwide. Nice legos brazil..hope you do not get a visit from rupert phone services.

April 9, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Dim Mak

@banasy: I work with a guy named OT... Interesting.

April 9, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. raven

Ma sista! I know,right? Those and Jacks! Bring ya to your knees.

April 9, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. banasy

OT
    @Dim Mak: you work with a guy named Ot? That *is* interesting! My OT just means off topic.

April 9, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. raven

Hey sista, thats a good idea. Mind if I use it too ?

April 9, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Dim Mak

@banasy: I know. I just thought it was funny as I had just seen him. I usually post as Off Topic Guy if I need to say something off topic. Goodnight

April 9, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DarthMaul

OH MY GOOD NESS DID YOU SEE H-how tall that thing is this is amazing I will have to visit this magnificent place to bad there isnt anyone on top

April 10, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rupert world phonehacking

legos are fun. Rupert murdock has the plan to save the worldwide "working man".. Oil prices increase to aid the rupurt revolutionaries.

April 9, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. L64

I love legos!

April 9, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. banasy

OT

@raven: Of course you can use the idea, my sista!
    @Dim Mak: I had a feeling...actually I kind of got the idea from Off Topic Guy. So thank you, and sleep well. Goodnight.

April 9, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply