Block party: Brazil builds world's tallest Lego tower
Former Brazilian footballer Cafu celebrates the construction of the world's tallest tower of lego bricks Saturday in Sao Paulo.
April 9th, 2011

Block party: Brazil builds world's tallest Lego tower

Move over Chile, Brazil has just finished building the world's largest Lego tower.

Standing at 31.19 meters the tower in the city of Sao Paulo breaks the previous record set in Santiago, Chile, in 2008 by 25 centimeters.

Brazilian former footballer Cafu was responsible for attaching the last piece of the tower, which was built in the parking lot of a shopping mall.

Lego sent  designers from Denmark to Brazil for the event, the company said on its website.

The tower took four days to build.

The first Lego tower was built in London in 1988 and stood just a little over 15 meters, according to Lego. Since then 53 cities have hosted the tower in more than 30 countries.

Post by:
Filed under: Brazil • Chile
  1. Emo i.t. Collapsinglabor

where is the story..they lost thier shirts in motley 2009 and having no real world abilities and multiplied like jack rabbits face the banking decline they indeed co created. Now they face overpopulation and worldwide non essential status because a 12 year old in india can do most of what they do at a fraction of thier inflated banking costs. No real experience so crime like rupurt telephone banking is all that faces them. What an i.t. Future. Once they were kings.. Now it is possble the internet is becoming less relevant everywhere.. Ouch!

April 10, 2011 at 12:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. banasy

This has *what* to do with legos, dude?

April 10, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. banasy

Uh, Ralph? What is *wrong* with you? These boards don't get enough hate and garbage spewed? You're coming to the aid of the common man to insult a wider variety of people? Nice. Thanks.

Oh, by the way, Japan, Japan, Japan.

April 10, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mmmmm

Oo-oooo, How'd you do that? You must be like the web master...

April 10, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. raven

Hey, youre MAGIC my sista!! Howdja DO that ??

April 10, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Jeff Frank - ( R ) Ohio

Now someone can erect a replica of the Sears Tower out of Leggos, the exact same height as the real thing.

April 10, 2011 at 4:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Jeff Frank - ( R ) Ohio

Hope that doesn't offend you Ra-lph.

April 10, 2011 at 4:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Philip

@Jeff the Frank...I think everyones still asleep. You are up early. Do you live back East somewhere? I had a fellow accuse me of wearing one of those things yesterday. Man did I give HIM the whatt-for. I gave one to him and I'll ask you for one in return: What-for the (R)?

April 10, 2011 at 7:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Philip

Ralph is demonstrating something here. Obviously we can get around any cuss-word censorship, so that's not why some of our posts do not appear. And many of us would like to think that our post that get's "blocked by CNN" is so filled with truth or are somehow ultra-revealing, the powers that be won't allow it. This is simply not the case. You can post anything you want here, and if there is room, CNN will post it for you. It's "due to the volume...not all posts will appear" that's doing the censoring, not some hi-tech program that can sense your brilliance. I wish CNN had like one or two stories ea. day that came with a chatroom rather than a postey box. AOL had them even over 10 yrs. ago, so I know it can be done.

April 10, 2011 at 7:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mmmmm

Phil, what the cuss are you talkin about?

April 10, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

It is odd (like an anomoly) that I can't get the word 'Yapanese' to post. If I'd of uses an 'J', you wouldn't be reading this.

April 10, 2011 at 7:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Philip

Mmmmm....good to see you. I'm talking about why not all of our posts appear. Are you deaf? he he

April 10, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mmmmm

Dang! Phil that post came back so fast it startled me...not deaf...apparently a little blind this morning...and a big Wendy William's hello toya: How you doin? I get censored all the time even if I'm not cussin. I'm beginning to think our witty friend banasy is not a plebian but a part of the establishment...

April 10, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

I was gonna post about Leggo Blocks but I prefer Lincoln Logs.

April 10, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. http://www.Philip.com

@Mmmmm...How'd you get your name in blue?

April 10, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mmmmm

I dunno know, but I touch myself accidently and it turned red! Maybe it's the color for the outsiders...everybody else's is black, yep!

April 10, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  13. http://www.Philip.com

Argh.

April 10, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Ben Koenig

CNN: How about a picture showing the entire tower and a reference point (like a full person standing next to it).....

April 10, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mmmmm

I was just thinking the same thing...but more like a tree.

April 10, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

And my name is Philip, with 4 Ms (he he, remember? when you once got upset about this) Really though, I answer to 'Phil' and when I first started posting here I went by 'phil'. Then I found out why some guys spell their name starting with an lower-case letter, and wanted to make sure they didn't think that I was "available". I once had a run-in with the law regarding this. I was 19 and at this singles bar(The Red Onion) in Redondo Beach. It was crowded and I was standing in line to get a drink when someone pinched my ass. I turned around and it was a dude. By the time he regained conciousness, I was sitting in an jailhouse interogation room with two officers trying to convince me that I had comitted a hate-crime. Where I come from, men don't touch other men without permission unless they want to go to sleep early. he he

April 10, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mmmmm

I hearya...LoL...your buns was really hot and the guy was just testin' t'see if it was cool enough to...well let us not go down that shameful alley.

April 10, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |