Report: 2 killed in mall shooting in Netherlands
April 9th, 2011

Report: 2 killed in mall shooting in Netherlands

At least two people were killed in a shooting at a shopping mall in Alphen aan den Rijn, in the Netherlands, early Saturday, eyewitnesses tell CNN affiliate NOS.

Post by:
Filed under: Netherlands • World
  1. Joey

In some cases, that might be true.
    It's not related to what I said.
    I wasn't discussing suicide.
    We don't have to agree on this, and we probably never will.
    We agreed on some other point you made today, and I reinforced it after you stated it.
    There's no reason to argue.
    You think what you do, and I'll think what I do.

April 9, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ed Bailey

I spent a wonderful working vacation in that beautiful area with 31000 soldiers from 29 NATO countries. The Dutch were my vision of 'walden's pond'. Their military was something of a shock. The whole country was nirvana. For this to happen their is proof to me that the sickness that is prevalent in today's immoral society has ruined paradise. Sad, further proof that the leaders in many places, especially where I reside, have lost all the peoples attention!

April 9, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Pleasant

Drugs! Such a curse to humanity! As far as governments are lenient, people will continue to do stuff like these. http://www.iampleasant.com/

April 10, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@Pleasant: There's a very good chance that none of us would be here if it weren't for drugs. Far from a curse, i'd say. Perhaps even a 'blessing'. And in NO way is it the governments job to tell me how to live. I'm sure you wouldn't have to go far to find totalitarianism if the US is too 'lenient' for you

April 10, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzz

@ Lee, although I am against using drugs in an abusive way , I do agree with u. We are all responsible for our own actions. Some do need drugs for medical purposes , some just use them to escape the reality of their tortured lives. I like to look beyond the criminal act to see what the reasons are behind it, most of the time you'll find a diamond in the rough. The only criminal act I dont tolerate is KILLING, R@PE, OR TORTURE.

April 10, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |