Report: 2 killed in mall shooting in Netherlands
April 9th, 2011

Report: 2 killed in mall shooting in Netherlands

At least two people were killed in a shooting at a shopping mall in Alphen aan den Rijn, in the Netherlands, early Saturday, eyewitnesses tell CNN affiliate NOS.

Post by:
Filed under: Netherlands • World
  1. banasy

OT
    @Joey: You are welcome, Grasshopper.

April 9, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey

This topic has been discussed exhaustively, just as Liza said about singing her mother's "Somewhere, Over the Rainbow," replying to a request, "it's been sung."
    It is terrible that these humans died. Many are devastated tonight.
    Guns are both good and bad. If a rattlesnake is in my yard, I don't want to fistfight him.

April 9, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joey

@ banasy:
    OT
    Gonna boogie now, get ready to work tomorrow. I'm super honest–ueberhonest, and jealous of the writer who can type that properly, as I saw above.
    banasy, tell me when I get mean or too–dirty? Should censors miss it.
    Bye bye.

April 9, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jazzzzzzzz

Do you ever feel like your losing your mind? I just read the MPS blog, NOT me after my discussion Lucifer. I'm gone for awhile.
    @ Banasy Nice to see u have such quick wit, maybe that's why all the guys love,qink. Sorry don't know how to make that on my keyboard.
    @ Joey, Yes your right that wasn't me, thanks for the compliment

@ Herbert , even if you don't believe me , that really wasn't me. PPL, tend to put their spin on who I am.

April 9, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzzz

Sorry , meant wink

April 9, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Nicole Netherlands

145 min after pressconference: Killer had a license for 5 guns (in Holland you have to be a member of a rifle/gun club to own a gun, and you may -not- carry it !)
    There were reports that he killed and wounded his mother and father, this appears now not to be true.
    He was 24 years old, name is Tristan van der Vlis (in Holland names of suspects usually are not totally disclosed) He took his own life. he left a goodbye letter. In Dutch press there is exclusive mention of the fact he was/is an autochtoon, a natural born Dutchman. This is new since the murders of Pim Fortuyn and Theo van Gogh.
    This is the first random shooting ever in Holland. Motives are thusfar unknown

April 9, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Nicole Netherlands

(pressconference was 15 minutes ago when i started writing 😉
    Some more facts:
    Reported dead now 6, killer took his own life, 16 wounded.
    He used an automatic weapon. This you can not own with a license here (!)
    Killer was "known" by police, for what still unclear

April 9, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy

OT

@Joey: Sure will. Have a fab day!

@Jazzzzzz: We know, honey. Don't worry...come back, though. I'll miss you.

PS: try semi-colon and right parentheses with no space between them. Away from whatever else you type.

😉

Hopefully, it'll work. Come back, though.and thanks for the compliments...back atcha!

April 9, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey

I am so sorry that this happened, especially in Holland.
    I don't think I ever realized it until today, but I have never met anyone from Holland that I didn't like.

April 9, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. leeintulsa

Is that all there is? No moral issue against killing, just what will they do to you? Hopefully more than the death penalty keeps you from killing...

April 9, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy

Hi, leeintulsa.

Yep, the madness *is* spreading. It's
    More prevalent today than ever before.

Again, my deepest sympathy to those innocents and their families; my wishes for a speedy recovery to those injured by this sick, sick man.

A mall. *Facepalm*

April 9, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. leeintulsa

DOH! That was supposed to be a reply to Joey's reply to sandybottom

April 9, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joey

Caught your reply, leeintulsa.
    Can we agree that we don't have to agree on everything?

April 9, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joey

Capital punishment is a massive discussion that I don't think we can cover blogging.
    I have my opinions.
    I respect your right to have yours.

April 9, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

It's not really about capitol punishment. You said life in prison wouldn't keep you from killing someone, but the death penalty would. Hopefully there's more than that involved

April 9, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Joey

In addressing objectively the deterrent effect of the death penalty, one must attempt to identify with the feelings of another person who has reached a point beyond his own moral code and therefore considering consequences outside of himself.

April 9, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

I think you assume much. I would put it to you that most who murder have little concern for the consequences. Unless they actually hope the law will kill them as they haven't the sack to kill themselves.

April 9, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |