April 12th, 2011

Pawlenty: 'I'm running for president'

[Updated at 10:44 p.m. ET] Former Republican Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty told CNN's Piers Morgan Tuesday he's focused on running for the White House.

"I'm running for president," Pawlenty said in an interview Tuesday on "Piers Morgan Tonight." "I'm not putting my hat in the ring rhetorically or ultimately for vice president. I'm focused on running for president."

Pawlenty was responding to a hypothetical question if he would serve as Donald Trump's vice president if Trump received the GOP nomination in 2012.

Pawlenty, who announced the formation of a presidential exploratory committee last month, told Morgan moments later that he will make a formal presidential announcement "in the coming weeks."

"I've got an exploratory committee up and running and we'll have a final or full announcement in the coming weeks here, it won't be too much longer, but everything is headed in that direction," Pawlenty said.

And his campaign said the "I'm running for president" comment was not an official announcement.

"As the governor has said many times, he is not running to be anybody's vice president," Pawlenty spokesman Alex Conant told CNN. "He will have a formal announcement about running for president later this spring."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Politics • Tim Pawlenty
  1. TOMAS

banasy, i was children vice president, president to save the children uk, youth rep to UN, and president of advocating org after havin my presidentail victory stolen when I made her in high school. I admired u even if ur the one paid to monitor me! Hehe :) wat r u doin with ur life now, though?

April 12, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. boog

Vote for me. .ill lie to you take your money and waste it the difference is im telling you now so when it happens you will be prepared cuz you know its a certainty

April 12, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. TOMAS

Bonne night cyberians!

April 13, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. Dim Mak

Here's an idea folks: Let's elect an independent this next cycle. Can't be much worse than what we've had. @sucker fool: I'm willing to bet nothing you own is made in America with exception to your car. The computer or phone you're typing on is most certainly made elsewhere. Don't be a hypocrite. Neither party wants to end outsourcing.

April 13, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  5. IKHAN

Well !

Let's hope 'Pastor' Jones,Rosseane and Glenn Beck join the race too. The more of the kind the merrier.
    Let the circus begin.

April 13, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. Gonzo

If you don't think taxing the rich will have any adverse reaction why don't you ask states that have slammed the rich? They leave. And when leaving is not an option they change where and when they spend. Why not tax everyone the same across the board with no loopholes?

April 13, 2011 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  7. No betsor regrets

Trump.. Definition > bad game show with a bitter playboy yelling at women. Very entertaining and revealing as the contest women clearly loved every minute of it. Basically americans love every form of Mubarik.Petreus.Mattis..and those sport guys of the same cloth. Its not abusive.. Its like the wealth n.r.a. Of big game shows.

April 13, 2011 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. No betsor regrets

Come to think of it.. Why are so many big hero guys like trump and the gang so amazingly physicaly ugly like obese fox djs? Is it genetic? No wonder they are bitter. lol

April 13, 2011 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  9. No betsor regrets

Why not elect Noam Chomsky? Ahhh.. Too many syllablesssss.

April 13, 2011 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Wizzle

Nah, we'd see a bazillion "nom nom chom" jokes until we puked. No thanks.

April 13, 2011 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |
  10. Joey

Why was my comment about the co- cktail-party benefit to Pawlenty's descendant's censored?
    Was it because the post was Off the Off Topic or because it contained the word "co-
    ck?"
    Again, use your dictionary and seminarian logic: "Webster's tell us that a bucktooth is, firstly, and foremostly, a Buck, that is, having a..."
    Then proceed to "'tooth,'" which is, if I may suggest, the element of the mouth most like unto Him, in being cutting, or biting–"
    "Amen!"
    "Well?"
    "–and shewing unto that which is....
    "...proving–I SAY, PRRoving, that Darwin did not exist."

April 13, 2011 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  11. Joey

Dear Lord, I formed a plural as possessive by a typographical error!
    Forgive me.

April 13, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  12. GOD

i forgive you joe just dont let it happen again or im going to have to send you down to Lucifer. Be very careful he has been wanting to you for a long time now.

April 13, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

I know that a joke's a joke but do you have to post under God's name? That's rather blasphemous. Please try posting under a different name.

April 13, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Cesar

Yes you are right, It was a joke and you are right "not funny" to post under Gods name. I am truely sorry.

April 13, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy

OFT: TOMAS: I now work in a library.

@LogicalinLA: it was a rhetorical question. It was *meant* to be funny. it was a *joke*.

I know how the political process for winnowing presidential candidates work. But thank you for educating those who may not.

April 13, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  14. banasy

That was meant to say:
    OFT

@TOMAS

April 13, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  15. Joey

No, not the fiery depths...not the fiery depths, noo...
    I don't want brimstone...

April 13, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |