Skull, other Long Island remains identified as human
April 12th, 2011

Skull, other Long Island remains identified as human

A skull and other remains found Monday on Long Island, New York, have been identified as being human, according to Nassau County police Officer James Imperial.

One of the discoveries was a skull found on the outskirts of a bird sanctuary in the Nassau County town of Oyster Bay. The other remains were found about a mile and a half away, also in Nassau County, authorities said.

Eight other sets of human remains have been found since December in neighboring Suffolk County on Long Island while investigators probed the deaths of several young women. Monday's discoveries came on the first day those investigators searched for evidence in and around Nassau County.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • New York
  1. banasy

Has anyone heard whether any of the remains have been id'd by gender?

April 12, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. O.J. Simpson

Don't look at me...I was with in the white bronco with A.C. that day.

April 12, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. O.J. Simpson

What I was trying to say is I was with A.C. that day in the white bronco. I was looking for Nicole and Ron's real killers.

April 12, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. raven

Hey my sista. So theyve all been idd as female. Saw yesterday tho, where there may even be an infant or small child too but I havent heard any more on that.

April 12, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. raven

So far that is .

April 12, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

Hey, sista raven! I just wanted to know...how about how long the remains have been there? Over a period of years? It probably is a serial killer(s) dumping ground...but and infant/small child? Sad. But then all life cut short by brutal means is sad....

April 12, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzz

The oldest I remember is 2 yrs.

April 12, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy

OFT

@O.J.Simpson: looking for the real killers of Nicole and Ron, huh? Really? How? By running off to Mexico?

Are you still looking for their killer? Ah, I didn't think so.

Hardy har har for making fun of two people hacked to death. Real class act, you are.

April 12, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mmmmm

Hey NASA help your cousin Nassau out!

April 13, 2011 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. Frank

People of the United States of America and Long Island,
    The NSA has a Satellite Surveillance System overseeing the entire United States.
    What if Suffolk and Nassau Police ask the NSA to review the recorded video they have going back 3 years for the South Shore of L. I. to see if they can spot a vehicle of some type and a plate number for someone dragging something into the dunes probably at 3 AM in the morning when no one is around.

April 13, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. Yuck mouth

Please catch that motherfu~ker tired of these cowards slaying helpless women and kids who cant defend themselves police officers are not working hard enough

April 13, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Yuck mouth

Once he is caught fry his a$$ like fish then feed him to fish

April 13, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. victoria strohm

use any means necessary to catch this killer asap before the total grows and any evidence found is still viable enough to be useful and provide a lead to a suspect.

April 14, 2011 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |