Gotta Watch: Awkward TSA pat-down moments
A woman avoids a pat-down by wearing her bikini through security at an airport.
April 13th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Awkward TSA pat-down moments

We thought we'd bring you some of our most memorable awkward airport pat-down moments after hearing all the buzz from this video. Here, a 6-year-old is filmed by her parents as she gets the full TSA pat-down treatment at an airport in New Orleans.

'Don't touch my junk' guy - How could we forget this guy? During his airport screening, he protests the pat-down by proclaiming the phrase that is only rivaled by the "Don't Tase me bro" guy.

No pat down for me thanks – This young lady is bent on avoiding a pat-down by wearing a skimpy bikini through airport security.

1. Earl

She was uninformed. I work in a hospital x-ray department and the scanners most airports use produce about one tenth of the radiation of a chest x-ray. This is a tiny amount that is about equal to the radiation you would get in about 5 to 10 minutes of actual flight time when you are on the airplane.

April 13, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Flyboy

"Don't touch my junk." That guy was carrying drugs and he lashed out at the TSA so he wouldn't get caught.

April 13, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. 6026213688

Hit me up

April 13, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Thinker

If you want to stop hijackers and plane bombers, let people carry guns on a plane. The 9/11 hijacked plane that was prevented was because of the passengers, not any security. Personally, if I wanted to kill a bunch of people, I would do it where they are weaponless, as in on an airplane. But if everyone had a gun, you would only kill 1, 2, maybe 3 if you're lucky and quick, but you would be tore open by the other 50!!!! people in the general vicinity. Same with the school shootings, if someone is going to kill people, they'll make sure they're the only ones with a gun, but if you tried to kill 1000 people with a single gun, and each of them had a single gun, you'd lose before you even began.

April 13, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • WHAT!!!

THINKER!!!! I think you should "THINKER" before you type..... RETARD!!!!!!!

May 4, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sherri

I wonder what they will be doing to us in 10 years? Nothing will surprise me. As for those who say that if we don't like it to not fly, that is not always an option. What if someone can't drive? What if your destination is 1000 miles away? What if you need to get there quickly? We should not have to give away all our rights because of what a few do. Profiling would help, but no one will do it. And as Sam Harris says in his book The End of Faith, not all Muslims are terrorists, but virtually all terrorists are Muslim. So there is a common factor here. (Lockerbie Scottland, Libyan hijacking, 9/11 etc all have one thing in common)

April 13, 2011 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. unsaid

I humbkly ask that each one of you read "Common Sense." I'm not an alarmist. I'm not against security. If you are educated, and wish to understand what our country was truly founded on, and what stirred our forefathers to have the guts to form this union, read this. Then I'd like to hear your comments. Also, you can charter a plane. Chartered planes are not checked by the TSA, and a group of citizens could form an online community that goes together and buys charters to destinations TSA free if you so choose. Having said that, a group of terrorists could easily do the same.

April 14, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Thinker

Speaking of what our country was founded upon, look at the second amendment in the Bill of Rights. The only one that was important enough to be placed ahead of our right to bear arms is our freedom of expression. Yet, we are not able to exercise that right where we are most vulnerable. 30000 feet in the air.

April 16, 2011 at 3:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. Johnson

There is a reason we are herded like cattle through TSA and every sort of government office here in the US. It's because our rights are being systematically taken from us...and we are not only blithely unaware of it. We THINK its for our own good! WAKE UP!

April 14, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  8. Harry

I dont know but I can lighten things up Check this out and pass it on to all your peeps;
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIeuP16uDLM&w=640&h=390]

April 14, 2011 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  9. Daniel

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

Benjamin Franklin

April 15, 2011 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. Puzzled

What about the guy that smuggled 80 odd Glocks through Atlanta security and flew them to Britain where some were used in murders? Just shmoozed his way through the TSA with the guns in his luggage. I believe he did this several times not just once

FWIW this has not received much coverage in the USA... wonder why

April 15, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  11. Terry Green

You are all stupid moronic idiots. Metal detectors, guns, knives, body scanners, pat downs don't mean crap.
    The luggage is not checked at all you idiots. I know, I'm one of those guys that puts the luggage on the plane. You want to blow up a plain then pay the bill, check the bag and blow up the entire plane. Goodness, it is that easy you fools.
    All the crap you are for or against is just a smoke screen designed to do one thing. Keep the sheeple (you people) feeling safe or angry. Open your freakin eyes you stupid fools and think with your brain about what I just said.
    SCAN THE LUGGAGE AND LEAVE THE PEOPLE ALONE.

April 15, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Futura08

Did it ever come to anybody's mind that if Al Qaida could pull off 9/11 then there would never have been any shoe nor underwear bomber who's bombs didn't go off! It follows that the those would be bombers were produced by the CIA to scare the public and ascertain its support for the US agenda. Otherwise, if the shoe and underwear bombers represent the real skills of Al Qaida, then 9/11 was a CIA job. It takes little thinking to see that the TSA crap is a follow up on the same intentions: humiliate the US public into virtual and real life strip and grope searches to ascertain their belief that terrorism inside the US is imminent and dangerous.

In reality, there hasn't been any successful, believable attempt at terrorism in the US after 9/11. There has been every variety of FBI/CIA designed false convictions of people for stuff that made no sense whatsoever and most certainly wasn't dangerous to anyone.

It would help if the US public would come off its paranoia for their safety. You get scared of one incident like 9/11. Meanwhile the US government killed hundreds of thousands of Muslim civilians under the pretext of security. If anybody has a right to be afraid of terrorism, it is the Muslim world of US terrorism.

What the TSA produces is at best ridiculous, nonsensical and destructive to all.

April 15, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. NYC against commercials

Why do we have to watch a commercial EVERY SINGLE TIME we want to watch a video clip on CNN.com? I already muted the sound on one, and came back 30 second later... thank goodness. But seriously, EACH AND EVERY TIME WE WANT TO WATCH? How about setting up in your mysterious cookies that every 15 minutes we have to watch a commercial? As such, I've reduced my interest in watching videos on your site. I just read the information... abusive forced video watching....

April 16, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  14. Pi

4th amendment rights gone, freedom of speech at airports gone, book burning next? Our rights are being taken a little at a time.

April 28, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Stephany Mahle

Really Appreciate this article, is there any way I can receive an email whenever you make a fresh update?

December 11, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |