Severe weather spawns tornadoes
A 6-year-old died when a tree fell on his home as storms rolled through Bald Knob, Arkansas, on Thursday.
April 15th, 2011

Severe weather spawns tornadoes

[10:25 p.m. ET, 9:25 CT] Mississippi Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant has ordered a state of emergency in 14 counties from Friday's storms. The city of Clinton suffered "extensive damage" when a tornado touched down earlier Friday, according to Mississippi's Emergency Management Agency. In Jackson, numerous power poles were snapped along one storm's path, leaving more than 23,400 customers without power, utility company Entergy Mississippi said.

[10:14 p.m. ET, 9:14 CT] Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin has declared a state of emergency for 26 counties following severe weather. Storms killed two people in the town of Tushka, where authorities say a tornado touched down Thursday night.

[9:47 p.m. ET, 8:47 CT] Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley has declared a state of emergency for all counties as a result of severe weather. Tornadoes were reported Friday near Livingston, near Melvin, and near Linden.

[8:11 p.m. ET] A tornado warning has been issued by the National Weather Service for northwest metro Atlanta. Affected areas include eastern Cobb County, northern Dekalb County and northeastern Fulton County.

[5:55 p.m. ET] A tornado watch has been issued by the National Weather Service for western and norther Georgia, including the metro Atlanta area, until 12 a.m. Saturday.  Hail up to 2 inches in diameter and wind gusts up to 70 mph are possible, forecasters say.

[4:55 p.m. ET, 3:55 p.m. CT] A tornado was reported on the ground in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, near McFarland Mall at 3:44, the National Weather Service said.

[2:55 p.m. ET, 1:55 p.m. CT] The city of Clinton, Mississippi, suffered "extensive damage" from a tornado that struck Friday, the state Emergency Management Agency said.

[2:48 p.m. ET, 1:48 p.m. CT] A tornado emergency has been issued for towns of Geiger, Panola, New West Green, and Pleasant Ridge in Alabama. At 1:34 pm CDT, storm spotters were tracking a large and extremely dangerous tornado that was mile wide, the National Weather Service said. The tornado was located 23 miles northwest of Livingston moving east at 45 mph.

[1:24 p.m. ET, 12:24 p.m. CT] A tornado has touched down southeast of Linden, Alabama, the National Weather Service said. Tornadoes have also been reported in Melvin, Alabama, and in or near the cities of Loper, Madden, Mt. Sterling, Ludlow, Clinton and Jackson in Mississippi, according to authorities.

[12:49 p.m. ET, 11:49 a.m. CT] A tornado touched down near State Line, Mississippi, at 11:45 am CDT on Friday morning. The tornado was reported by emergency management officials, the National Weather Service said. There are no reports of injuries or damage at this time.

[12:44 p.m. ET, 11:44 a.m. CT] A 34-year-old woman and a 7-year-old child have been discovered dead inside a Little Rock, Arkansas, home after being struck by a falling tree during severe storms Thursday, the state Department of Emergency Management confirmed. The deaths bring to nine the number of people killed by storms in Arkansas and Oklahoma Thursday.

[12:37 p.m. ET, 11:37 a.m. ET] A tornado was reported on the ground 2 miles east-southeast of Melvin, Alabama, by emergency management officials Friday afternoon, the National Weather Service said. Damage to the Hunt Oil Refinery was reported.

Post by:
Filed under: Tornadoes • U.S. • Weather
  1. jim carrey

Boing

April 16, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jazzzzzzzz

Good Bye Sarah. I was not trashing her all night I made 1 Comment please read again.

April 16, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. on a serious note

my thoughts and prayers go to the people affected. X x x

April 16, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jazzzzzzzz

Again I invite EVERYONE to come forward and tell me there wishes and if they don't wish for me to converse with them, I will indeed respect their wishes. I do respect each as an adult and will wait for them to say so themselves

April 16, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. The Truth

@jazz. You continue with your insultative remarks, she is THE QUEEN BEE, she's everyones queen, and we love that, you are jealous cause she's our Queen. You will never be like her, and no one will.

April 16, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jazzzzzzzz

That is great and no I am not Jealous. I just ask for her to stop doing something. How do you think I should have handle it? Pls let me know I am not being sarcastic either. Just want to know.

April 16, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. guestmaster

This thread and many of the previous others is a complete disgrace.

Fact, there is one and only one person behind this nonsense. That person (and I will use only first letter(s) of his name) goes by L., S. and D. (and possibly but not confirmed yet, Cesar). L.S.D., how fitting, that may explain his obviously sick, deranged, multi-personality behavior.

It "could" be he has invented all the other s/n's and is talking to himself. However, due to the current facts I know, he is highjacking other's s/n's and playing disturbing mind games. And I have a fairly solid way to know that's fact.

This individual is not only sick but is very dangerous.

1. I believe a JAZZ really exists. I would like to say to her that I am worried about her welfare. Please JAZZ, stay away from this individual. I would highly advise not contacting him via txt, phone or any other way. You appear to be a decent person and I am truly worried about your safety.

2. banasy is a intelligent, sincere and honest lady. banasy, I seriously doubt it was the real JAZZ who got upset about the "hon" thing but may be wrong. Regardless, I know that you are smart enough to rise above any of that nonsense and not be bothered by it. We need more people like you on these forums.

3. And again, the facts I have lead me to believe that everyone else is real: Philip, Mmmmmm, raven, ole lady, RUFFNUTT. L.S.D. is highjacking you all and making a mess of these boards. Again, he is a very disturbed individual and I highly advise everyone to cut off contact with him, here and on the outside world. He will try to lure you in, DON'T fall for it.

4. I know some of you want to keep your s/n's and understand that. But, my advice would be to change them immediately. It still may be very possible for this individual to sort you out via even a new s/n but it's worth a try.

5. If my facts are, for some reason, wrong and this one individual is inventing these other s/n's it doesn't matter. The main fact that matters is this individual does exist. I won't say more on that subject.

Please folks, get away from this individual. Also, please read the CNN privacy policy. It clearly states that if you are being harassed, then you can report it to the proper authorities. I urge you to do that if you feel threatened in any way. It is your right and this sick individual needs to be stopped.

I worry about you all and hope that you please, at least, consider my advice.

Thanks.

April 16, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

and the fake guy probably doesn't even have a three-wolves t-shirt...

April 16, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. wth ?

nobody's my queen

April 16, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jazzzzzzzz

That was really me who got upset and again I don't want anyone to be hurt by anything I am just trying to say that I wanted her to stop doing something I didn't like.

To GuestMaster , Thanks and your advice has been heard. I have already decided that this indivual is not all there because of his actions in the past couple of days that I will not get into.

I will from on though be polite but only as a fellow blogger, not trying to make any friends here anymore

Banasy I will be polite and say hello and if you wish me not to pls just say so , i will respect your wishes. 🙂

April 16, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RUFFNUTT

@regulars.. i've lost track of who is real and fake... i wish fakey would just post as fakey or something..

April 16, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jazzzzzzzz

Same here Ruffnutt. Are u ok with me?

April 16, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy

OFT
    @Jazzzzzz: hello. This is the last I'm going to say about this. You asked me to stop calling you that, and I said ok. After that, I never called you that again. Anyone else could read that, and apparently they did. The troll then used my name to post it *again*, and then all this nonsense started. And somebody did it again today. What I do not understand about this whole business is that *you* get your name taken, yet you cannot believe that mine was taken. *All* the regulars get taken. We all know that. Why you won't give me the benefit of the doubt is beyond me.

It's not about who takes sides, anyway. We are adults, not in Junior High. Let's just let it go...I'm done.

April 16, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. RUFFNUTT

sure... i picture all the females on here as smoking hot super models, who like to play video games, drink beer and like cars...

April 16, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzzz

Thanks Ruff, Sorry though , don't like video games , only occasionally will drink beer and I like to walk but love to drive my car with the music on while talking a trip to my childhood vacation spot. The hot thing is every mans individual taste and we are all hot ladies here.

April 16, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  14. RUFFNUTT

i've been gone and havent posted since last week.... so i'm cluesless as to whats been going on..

April 16, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy

OFT

Yay! Ruffie is back! Did you really get banned, or did you just leave for CA to get your...um...medication?

April 16, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

real for real... i've been cleaning the garage..

April 16, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |