Beaten Giants put fan back in coma
San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow was attacked in a parking lot outside the Los Angeles Dodgers' stadium March 31.
April 17th, 2011

Beaten Giants put fan back in coma

A San Francisco Giants fan who was beaten outside the Los Angeles Dodgers' stadium late last month was put back in a medically induced coma over the weekend after suffering seizures, a hospital spokeswoman said.

Bryan Stow, 42, remained in critical condition Sunday morning at the Los Angeles County-University of Southern California Medical Center, spokeswoman Rosa Saca said.

"Due to recurrence of seizures (Saturday) morning, it was necessary to put him back on a medically induced coma to help reduce the seizure activity," Saca said in an e-mailed statement. "He will continue to be (monitored) closely for the next few days to see when it is medically indicated to begin reducing the medications again."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Baseball • California • Crime • Sports
  1. susan

Please fix the headline! I doubt the Giants put the fan back into a coma. CNN really needs some better editors and proofreaders.

April 18, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Scottish Mama

If these thug fans were regulars you would think someone in the stands around the beaten man would also know the thugs.

April 18, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dim Mak

@susan: LOL! I totally thought that the Giants losing made a fan slip back into a coma. Like a bad movie. Seriously CNN I will be your internet editor for half of what you pay your current one. I'd be embarrassed if my job was a journalist and I couldn't even follow basic grammar. I guess this proves that you can't believe anything you read in the news.

April 18, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy

@Scottish Mama: he was beaten in the parking lot after the game, not in the stands. He was beaten with no provocation whatsoever-the only reason I can think of is that he was at a Dodger's game and he was a Giants fan. Sad.

April 18, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jazzzzzzzz

He had a opposing teams shirt on, but who knows if CNN got that part of the story correct.

April 18, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

@Jazzy: no, they got it right. He was in LA and went to see a Dodgers/Giants game. Similar to when I attend a Cubs/White Sox game at Wrigley, wearing a Sox shirt. Dirty looks, for sure...but no beat-downs. Admittedly, we're in the same city, but the divide between Sox/Cubs fans can get pretty heated...but not violent. (So far!)

April 18, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |