Monday's live video events
April 18th, 2011

Monday's live video events

Congress is on a two-week recess, but that doesn't mean news is lacking from Washington.  Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of the government spending fight in Washington.

Today's programming highlights...

12:00 pm ET - White House briefing - The battle over government spending is expected to top Press Secretary Jay Carney's agenda with the White House press corps, along with the situations in Japan and Libya.

1:45 pm ET - Obama honors Air Force football - President Obama takes a brief break from the bruising budget battle to present the Commander-in-Chief Trophy to the Air Force Academy football team.  The trophy is awarded annually to the best service academy football team.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: 2011 tsunami • Barack Obama • Budget • College football • District of Columbia • Dollars & Sense • Earthquake • Economy • Football • Japan • Libya • Natural Disasters • On CNN.com today • Politics • Sports • Tsunami • U.S. • World
  1. popeye

Sorry hit the wrong button

April 18, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. popeye

@ biggamejames- heck he's always taking a vacation! Isn't that mandatory as a rep for the country ? Oh wait my bad he is doing a grand job hats off to Obama bin laden

April 18, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. popeye

Most people are just out smarting their common sense when they say all is well in the world.

April 18, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. popeye

Burp

April 18, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. popeye

When life stinks pick a rose or two

April 18, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jazzzzzzzz

Popeye

April 18, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jacque

It's been a while - by virtue of this site display of Pres. Obama's birth cert is an indication of the useless non information communicated here. The last time i commented on this site my screen was overtaken and soon thereafter my laptop stopped working properly. What a shame that the writers and managers of This Just In do a disservice to the profession of Journalism... this is nothing more than Enquirer style crap!

April 18, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Success With Anthony Money Making System

Magnificent put up, very informative. I ponder why the other experts of this sector do not notice this. You should continue your writing. I'm sure, you've a huge readers' base already!|What's Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & help other customers like its helped me. Good job.

June 3, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |