Sen. Ensign says he's resigning next month
April 21st, 2011

Sen. Ensign says he's resigning next month

U.S. Sen. John Ensign, a Nevada Republican who is under an ethics investigation by the Senate, announced Thursday that he will resign his seat on May 3.

Ensign (pictured) had previously said he would not run for re-election in 2012 following revelations that he had an affair with a female aide who was the wife of another top aide, and that his parents subsequently gave money to the aides' family.

"While I stand behind my firm belief that I have not violated any law, rule, or standard of conduct of the Senate, and I have fought to prove this publicly, I will not continue to subject my family, my constituents, or the Senate to any further rounds of investigation, depositions, drawn out proceedings, or especially public hearings," Ensign said in a statement. "For my family and me, this continued personal cost is simply too great."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: John Ensign • Nevada • Politics
  1. raven

I gotta go finish makin dinner .already burnt part of it !

April 22, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. banasy

Lmao, raven! I gotta go Zzzzz-out. Later my sista!

Old ironsides! Owie, indeed! Cringing...

April 22, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. HooDatIS?

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
    LETS RID CONGRESS OF THESE LEACHES
    VISIT MY BLOG

April 22, 2011 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

?????????OH?????????

April 22, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sir Tomas

They should ask where and when he bed her! That'll be more interesting than find out who was born where. :) No foul if she was happy doing it. It's a family business, not public affair! Americans has bigger fish to fry, like the banks and our taxes being splashed in wars while our govt is busy building more prisons for our children; instead of school and funds for their education.

April 22, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Cesar

Jazzzzz suks!!!!

April 22, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Cesar

Jazzzz the azzzz suks.

April 23, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  8. Cesar

Jazzzz the Azzzz. Jazzzzz the Azzzzzz. Hahahahahah

April 23, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. charlie

This Senator, is bound by law, to Federal Ethics and Conduct. So now as he sneaks away without any fines or diciplinary action he will retire with full retirement and health benifits. If this was a case involving any other lowly Fed. employee, he/she would loose their job an be banaished from the "pennies falling from the Gov't" sky. These elected political officials are the most prominent abusers of our social systems. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid. In addition most of these politicians are millionaires and most likely do not need the the Fed. social systems that they will sign up for anyway to save a few bucks. Shame on them !!!

April 24, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |