Residents evacuated near Ecuador's Tungurahua Volcano
Here’s the view from Banos, Ecuador, of the Tungurahua volcano in eruption on December 4, 2010.
April 26th, 2011

Residents evacuated near Ecuador's Tungurahua Volcano

Authorities in Ecuador closed schools and evacuated residents in areas near the Tungurahua Volcano on Tuesday after the volcano spewed ashes that fell on homes and farms, state media reported.

Ashes from Tungurahua rose more than 7 kilometers (4 miles) into the air Tuesday, the government news agency said. The glacier-capped, 16,478-foot (5,023-meter) volcano has erupted periodically since 1999.

Post by:
Filed under: Ecuador • Volcano
  1. banasy

I hope there is no loss of life during this event, even though I know this has happened infrequently for the last 12 years. It has got to be so frightening to the residents!

April 26, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mad Hatter

Yep mother nature at it again.

April 26, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Safety Sam says

That volcano sounds dangerous. We'd better not go there.

April 26, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bad prop

hopefully it will destroy that stupid airport.

April 27, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. Joey

I stayed in the best hotel in Quito and could not sleep at night because of amplified singing and abuse of musical instruments in the streets.
    Calls to the hotel management produced only the information that the noise was coming from outside.
    It was like the dinner I sent back in an expensive club in Warsaw because there was a huge worm in the fish on my plate. The waiter insisted that it was all right because the worm came from the salad, not the fish.

April 27, 2011 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  6. Outsider (Jorma)

Hey Joey,

Saw your post in the other thread mocking me about Finnish vodka. Ask any Finn, they call it Finnish white wine.

You are a arrogant AZZZZZZ and need to STFU. Go to Rome and stay there, Please!

I thought you were a decent guy but you are just a little know-it-all, wimp F"Tard....

See ya, LOSER!

And this is the real Jorma.

April 27, 2011 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
  7. Joey

JORMA,
    I don't believe that you are the real Jorma/Outsider. She has a European sensibility and is nobly verbal.
    I would never mock the true Jorma.
    I was chuckling about the vodka's being called white wine.
    I think that the Cesar/Legion Troll addressed me.
    Regardless, thank you for calling me a wimp and a LOSER:
    Jealousy makes my day
    When it comes my way.

April 27, 2011 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joey

@ The Demon Troll:
    Don't worry: we can stay in touch da Roma, Milano, oppure Capri when I get there.
    You've made a good enemy.

April 27, 2011 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  9. Joey

And TROLL,
    You have no idea how much I could help you if you'd be honest with yourself and with me.

April 27, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  10. banasy

Ahhhh, the trolls are spreading the love again, eh, Joey?
    Or spreading *something*!

April 27, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  11. Mad Hatter

Trolls killed ole lady. Her heart couldn't take it.

April 27, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  12. RUFFNUTT

cnn version...

ruffnutt improved version

Authorities in Ecuador closed schools and evacuated residents in areas near the Tungurahua Volcano on Tuesday after the volcano EXPLODED VIOLENTLY AND SPEWED ashes that fell on homes AND farm ANIMALS , state media reported.

April 27, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  13. Joey

Buon giorno, banasy!

April 27, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  14. 2012

May God be with us all. http://nopolicestate.blogspot.com

April 30, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |