Overheard on CNN.com: Readers respond to birth certificate
President Barack Obama says the country does not "have time for this kind of silliness."
April 27th, 2011

Overheard on CNN.com: Readers respond to birth certificate

Comment of the morning: "(President Barack) Obama just pulled out his Trump card." - Cavemullah

Obama releases original long-form birth certificate

Doubters that President Barack Obama was born in the United States, led recently by possible Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, got their answer Wednesday when the White House released Obama's original birth certificate. "Birthers" have insisted that Obama was born overseas - possibly in his father's home country of Kenya - and therefore may be constitutionally ineligible to serve as president. Obama said Wednesday that he released his original birth certificate because the country does not "have time for this kind of silliness."

Many CNN.com readers expressed frustration that the president was put in the position of having to show his birth certificate at all.

CrunkSwaggaG said, "I think Donald Trump and about half of the Republican Party owe President Obama a sincere apology." flatbushfred said, "Obama shouldn't have had to do this. It's blatant racism." LPLove said, "No president in history has ever been treated this way. The birthers are nothing more than racists wrapping themselves in the flag. Disgusting." harryball said, "I feel bad for this guy. When was the last time a president was forced to show his birth certificate two years into his presidency? Oh that's right, never. Even as president, black people are still being treated as second-class citizens."

Watch an iReporter's response

About Trump’s role in the controversy, CNN.com readers had plenty to say:

icecold12 said, "Now Trump has to live up to his end of the deal and deliver his income tax information and net worth. Obama called his bluff and I bet he folds." BobSacamano said, "I'd like to know how much debt Trump has discharged throughout his life by claiming bankruptcy. How many millions has he stiffed his investors and creditors for?"

USAlegend said, OBAMA: "On Your Face Sucker, Here is my Birth Certificate.’ TRUMP: "Well......huh.....hmmmm....But this doesn't prove that you are not a Muslim."

And now that the original certificate has been released, many CNN.com readers said it still won’t be enough for birthers.

W2ATL said, "This really won't matter. These clowns will have some new madness to cry about in three hours." livingston1 responded, “Really, do you think it will take that long? That kind of hate blinds them to any sense of reason.” Nagaina said, “Countdown to someone claiming the long form birth certificate is an 'obvious forgery'...3...2...1.” BubbaSponge said, “Now hopefully the birthers will give it a rest once and for all!!” TikiGawd said, “Nah, they'll start a movement saying Hawaii isn't really part of the United States because it's 'overseas.' " iroshi said, “It's a shame the ‘birthers’ can't focus on an issue that is actually important. For instance, the national debt, unemployment, taxes, etc. What an incredible waste of time and money this has been.”

soundoff (1,022 Responses)
  1. VoiceOfReason

Uh-oh... There goes Trump's entire platform.

April 27, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chris

If any of these politicians democrats or republicans really cared about Americans they would stop spending our money like young men at a strip bar. The government takes what it wants from us who earn it at the barrel of a gun and then spend it recklessly. All you progressives and conservatives need to get your collective heads out of your back sides and have an 'adult' conversation with your leadership.

April 27, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. butternut

Poor, dear, Donald......early onset of dementia...is there a Doctor in the house? Please help this gentleman. He's sinking fast.

April 27, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kerwyn

Judy,

I have seen a real one, am holding both my "official short form" and my long form in my hot little hands...

OOO it looks JUST the same as his. wow......

April 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • American born

Obama has fixed this country.. We are in the Best shape we ever been....I am so proud of our President. And I coudnt be happier because my business is prospeing more than ever.During the Bush years my company was doing terrible but now thanks to all the forclosures I have been able to buy and flip homes left and right...I just hope these forclosures keep coming.so I can keep buying.I also started a new business, I love obama T-Shirts, They fly off the rack. Just looking forward to another 4 years...please please plesse dont lose Faith in our President..vote for him please.

April 27, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Goldenchic

@Judy
      It's fun in LaLa Land isn't it? Reality hurts. Enjoy your delusions,it is a real BC that never should have had to be produced.It def won't end the issue for the wing nuts like you. Nothing will.

April 27, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bruce

Actually Butternut, I think James Carville is right–this stunt put Trump in the lead for the GOP nomination.

I want to believe that Obama did this now in order to make Trump the GOP front runner, because he will be very easy to beat in 2012 if he's the GOP's nominee. Trump is already out there saying, "see what I did there? I was able to get things done just by being me. I accomplished something that nobody else could accomplish, and in a short amount of time I might add. Vote for me and I'll get things done for America!"

Next he'll demand Obama's grades, and Obama will deliver them to make Trump look like he's in charge and can get things done. Then he'll do something else and Obama will make Trump the king of the GOP. After the GOP primaries, it's all over. That's when we hear all we need to know about Donald Trump...

April 27, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Goldenchic

@Bruce Shhhh! Don't let on the strategy...I'm thinking it's brilliant right about now. James Carville has declared Trump the GOP front runner too. Watch the GOP scramble to discredit Trump soon! Please let Trump run as the GOP nominee!!

April 27, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bruce

@Goldenchic: The President should come out later today and say that he did this now because Donald Trump convinced him to in a way that nobody else could have. He should go on to say that he hopes that the GOP doesn't nominate Trump as their candidate because that would be a tough fight and he'd rather have an opponent that wasn't so persuasive... 😀

April 27, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • docserveralson

Oh come on, when Trump stated his main qualification as his wealth, he was laughing up his sleeve. This guy really knows how to have fun and get lots of attention. What I like about Trump is that he doesn't put up with BS. He got the birther issue over with quick. Is he fool enough to let himself be so obviously manipulated by hacks like Carville and mobsters like Obama? Let's wait and see.

April 27, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bruce

@docserveralson: For all I know, Trump may be in on the joke. How's that for conspiracy? 😛

April 27, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • GloSeattle

I doubt that this will silence the small group of people who insist on existing from issue to issue. We'll probably hear now about a great conspiracy in Hawaii ... forgery, covert birth certificate doctoring, involving several governments and religious leaders too! (Rather reminiscent of the German townspeople going after Frankenstein with their pitchforks!) While it all makes great fodder for paperback's, and comic books for someone who filed bankruptcy to kick it up is really stupid – but then again his imaginary campaign for candidacy is just that, stupid. And if Trump really takes this all seriously then yes, medical help is desired and required – totally delusional.

April 27, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bible Clown

I tell you, nothing can fix crazy. There's absolutely nothing you could show these ding whackers that they wouldn't just call faked. After shrieking that it was only a copy, they are now actually wondering why this was filled out by hand and not on a computer.

April 27, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • XWngLady

LOL. 🙂

April 27, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Our only hope is to get rid of President O and take back the Senate. Hopefully people will wake up in this country before its to late.

April 27, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • JamesV

OR ... they'll say that it wasn't signed by Barack Obma, II so it can't possibly be authenticate

April 27, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • trex

What maks u tink dare is da stse of Hawaierr? Oh, nooooo, da stills bee on fired

April 27, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Craig

@Joe – Too late for what Joe?? Are you that stupid to realize that Obama has fixed the country? Nasdaq hit 10 year high today. Dow is heading towards 13,000 points, 95% of Fortune 500 companies are posting profits. So tell me "too late" for what?

April 27, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Scar

There is only one way to settle this BS about his BC. On live television have someone rub his finger across the BC. If in fact this is a real BC from 1961 there will be no smudging. Get it! No smudging! I have a Remington manual typewqriter manufactured in the early 50s that I have kept in great working condition. I also have typed pages from this typewriter I created in the mid 60s. I took one of them and rubbed my thumb over it. Guess what! No smudging!

Also the signed name on the bottom should have been a clue to the supporters of Obama that this is a fake. He is slapping the face of every American and we just lie down and take it. We are a bunch of sheep being led to the slaughter and happy about it.

April 27, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cedar Rapids

You mean this certificate that clearly states on it is a modern copy of the original?

April 27, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Woody Hilliard

Scar, are you freakin' serious? The men in the little white coats are gonna be comin' soon for you. Just be callm, they will be there to help you.

April 27, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ron AZ

You my friend are an idiot.

April 27, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lavi

Scar, you are a moron. You cannot reason with a deranged idiot. Once someone rubs their finger on the original one, they will switch to Barack Obama's Grades. Because every moron that questions him was actually smarter than the president of the Harvard Law Review.

April 27, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • ellid

You realize that you're insane, don't you?

April 27, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • ET

I heard the Twilight Zone themesong in the background when I read your post. You might want to move to Roswell. I bet there's a spacecraft taylor made for you.

April 27, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • davec.0121

Your post is a joke, right? Or did you lose your tin foil hat? As many people predicted, even the release of the original birth certificate would not be enough to convince the hard core birthers. Like you, their gut beliefs far outweigh any evidence that can be offered. It's been shown that when people hold very strong beliefs, any evidence that contradicts them, paradoxically, only strengthens their beliefs. It's true for Creationism and it's true for the birthers.
      You really should get back on your meds.

April 27, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • trex

Forrest Gump has about 100 more IQ points than you do, dumdum.

April 27, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

Scar,

Two things.

1) Do you hear that ringing? That's the 1950s calling and they want their typewriter back.

2) The birth certificate is real. To test your no smudge theory, simply open the birth certificate on your computer screen and rub your finger across. See? No smudges!

April 27, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. givemeabreak

The birthers are evidence of American Ignorance in our society today. After watching Jay Leno's JayWalking last night, I have little confidence that this will go away for good. Major JayWalking question last night was when did America break away from England, the respondants either didn't know or thought it was after the civil war. America, Please do not excuse or reward ignorance. That's one of the things that's gotten us to where we are today.

April 27, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Layla

And I want to see those school records and passport records as well. We don't know who this man is.

April 27, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. WHY

Why is it that this man could make us wait 2 1/2 years and spend millions of dollars to keep this information from the tax paying public when it should have been offer up front and before he was allowed to have his name put on a ballot. Much time and money wasted due to this folly. For this readon as much as any, he should be recalled and impeached.

April 27, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cedar Rapids

'For this readon as much as any, he should be recalled and impeached.'
      For refusing to respond to birther conspiracy fringe groups he should be impeached? lol.

April 27, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Farkus

You are ridiculous. Grow up.

April 27, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • WHY

Fringe groups you say? Watch and see your fringe groups destroy the Democrats at the polls in the next election too.

April 27, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan

Nothing can fix stupid

April 27, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • WHY

Watch it Susan that's your President you called stupid. Not mine.

April 27, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hmm

Why don't you do some reading? The Hawaii department of health has a policy that no one shall receive any form other than the short form of a birth certificate. Every Hawaiian has one just like the one he released in 2008. He had to get special permission to waive policy and send someone to Hawaii just to get the long form. I can't get the long form of mine from Washington State...the question you should be asking is why anyone gives a crap since he already gave us his bc years ago.

April 27, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Woody Hilliard

Because, you numbskull, it isn't required. There should have been no legitimate question about it. He was already in the Congress. Did W submit a birth certificate. I'm sure W must've been born overseas somewhere when Mr and Mrs Bush were traveling. But wait, Bush (W that is) was born on another planet.

April 27, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • jlec

I never thought he wasn't born here........I just don't understand why Obama let this go on for 2 1/2 years.........talk about playing games. (Sorry....I'm white and have an opinion...I must be a racist)

April 27, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • wannabe sleuth

I believe it may have to do with BEING FORCED to do something no other Presidrnt has had to do! But what really happened was that when President Obama was born, conspirators knew he would someday be President, so they began conspiring at that time to cover up his Birth Certificate! It could happen! Right??

April 27, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • WHY

I know all about it Hmmm. I've been following this closely for 3 years. No one now let me say it again, No ONE had any proof until today. Not you not anyone until today. All the Democrats boasting it was alredy made public on the internet were liars. All that was posted were fakes and lies. This sample has yet to be tested but looks more factual than any of the fakes before. You might have accepted them, but not anyone with an ounce of brains.

April 27, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • WHY

Fact is no one else had need of proving their citizenship becasue no one else had family boasting they were boarn elsewhere. Look for election laws to begin to change. Oh and remember he's YOUR messiah......not mine. I don't have to believe him. Obviously you do.

April 27, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • jlec

@wannabe.....I get pulled over, the police ask for my ID and run my name. I get hired for a job, I have to produce proof I am a US citizen....................So why do the libtards start screaming racism if these question are asked to someone who is black or hispanic?

April 27, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

I was satisfied once they produced a newspaper notice announcing his birth and explained that only the department of health could report that to the paper and not private individuals (never mind the fact that it would take a time traveler to go back and place the article). You don't believe because you refuse to believe despite common sense and nothing is going to change that.

April 27, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kerwyn

Sorry, you are misinformed. He has not spent "millions" to prevent anything. He released his birth certificate, folks like you simply didn't like the truth, so you keep making up things.

Get over yourself please, and lets get onto the important things, like getting us out of the wars that Bush got us into.

April 27, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

Jlec – Thanks for confiming the double standard. You produce a legally valid form of ID and the police accepted it as valid. Obama presented what is legally accepted as valid and people chose to doubt it. See, there is a double standard.

April 27, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • WHY

TOM TOM TOM TOM TOM, Did you ever even look at that newspaper clipping? It was no less than 7th generation photocopy. Then there was no offer of a birth certificate, ONLY a certificate of live birth which "I" could go get from Hawaii up until a few years ago . AND I am 60 years old. A certificate of live birth proves NOTHING and wont stand up in any court of law.

April 27, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • ellid

Uh, hate to tell you this, but you're wrong on both counts. The President released his birth certificate almost three years ago, AND he spent, at most, a couple of grand defending all those failed lawsuits. The "millions of dollars of legal fees" represent routine post-election legal work.

FAIL.

April 27, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • jclPA

@WHY ... now that we know you have an ounce of brains, I feel bad that everyone is picking on you.

April 27, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angie Alias

recalled? impeached??....wow!...the mind boggles.

April 27, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

WHY – Give me a break . . . Both major Hawaiian papers publised it and I know I can check the originals with the publications – I don't need to rely on a 7th generation photocopy. Don't you think the people who ran against him wouldn't have already done that – with all the millions spent on campaigns they wouldn't have had someone check the microfiche (hell, it's probably online now).

April 27, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • WHY

Uh ellid, nothing verifiable was released prior to today, except some 7th generation photocopied newspaper clipping that still hasn’t been verified. Anything you saw before today was faked. Those running against him we never allowed to challenge it as it was tied up in the courts until AFTER the election and then dropped. It was going to take the next and upcoming election to revive it. Never the less, Obama moved too quickly. He showed his hand too soon.

April 27, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • DP44022

I'm going to ask this again (since nobody has bothered to answer). On what, exactly, were the millions of dollars spent? Who got them, and for what? Why would it cost millions of dollars to NOT show something?

April 27, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • bugsy

Why WHY? Teabag the illegals? ID check the brown people? WHY Not WHY?

April 27, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • MIkeMazzla

He didnt make "us" wait. He made a few idiotic white trash uneducated rednecks wait...a brilliant move and made the GOP focus on an issue that didnt matte.

April 27, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • trex

Obama has been very very smart about this whole thing. He waited 2+ years to EXPOSE these morons for what they truly are, the most moronic, stupid, racist, ingoramuses God has placed on this earth in our time. Congrats on being the lowest of thinkers, ya bunch of dingbat wingnuts.

April 27, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Craig

WHY – Because no one ever thought, not even the President, that some Americans can be this stupid. It is an embarrassment to this country. Republican Governor Linda Lingle confirmed that Obama was born in Hawaii 3 YEARS AGO!! But Republicans were too stupid to understand that. John McCain said Obama was born in Hawaii 3 YEARS AGO. Again Republicans were too stupid to understand that. I can name 10 other top level Republicans who confirmed that Obama was in fact born in Hawaii but yet again, you people (Republicans, Tea Party, Birthers) were too stupid to understand. And these are the people who are gloating over Donald Trump. So I hope you understand the intelligence of these people.

You can't fix crazies and stupid people. Yes, I am talking about you Republicans, Tea Party, and Birthers.

April 27, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • WHY YOU SO DUMB WHY?

WHY YOU SO DUMB WHY? Why don't you know that birth certificates can only be requested by the parents, the offspring or the person him/herself until that person has been dead for 50 years. Why, you got so much energy WHY, why don't you stop worrying about silly lies and go help the poor with all that energy you have? WHY you so dumb to believe those lies WHY?

April 27, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truthwillsetyoufree

Id say it was effective, to let the GOP make complete idiots out of themselves, then after that was set in stone, then show it and show just how f'd up these people are. And for those people saying its not racism too? Gimme a break. There a cd circulating by some Senate guys about little black sambo in the whitehouse. Pull your evil hating heads out.

April 27, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Neverpar

FTLOG...Don't you think he had to have proof that he was an Natural born American BEFORE he ran for President??
      Quit self medicating and check back into the Mental Hospital..you and all the other birthers!

April 27, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • WHY

BLAH BLKA BLAH, you STILL are saying "that person saw it somewhere, this person read it somewhere". But until today it was never released, so yu are all spouting the same old crap for 2 1/2 years. It STILL hasn't been verified. Obama swore transparency but refused it for 2 1/2 years with proof of his residency. WHY WHY WHY did it take 2 1/2 years and Donald Trump to force him to come up with proof? Why did he pay millions to hide the truth? What is he STILL hiding. The Democrats are going to be laid waste in the next election. Worse than this one just past. Thank your Messiah. And remember he is NOT mine.

April 27, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Comp time

Would any of you even dare to offer up your proof that it existed before today? No, because it didn't exist before Donald Trump forced it out into the open, TODAY. Blow all you want but until you can offer up dated proof from a reliable source, it is just so much hog swill and not worth the time it takes to deny it.

April 27, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. nh

This has NOTHING to do with racism, it has to do with Mr. Obama's lack of respect for the populace. When this controversy first arose two years ago the man should have done the right thing and released his long form birth certificate back then. The man obviously did not give a damn until Mr. Trump and several states started to rattle his cage. These states were not going to allow his name to be placed on their ballots until he proved his eligibility. THIS IS ALL HIS FAULT!

April 27, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • XWngLady

The "right" thing? The right thing is the thing that is legal and within his personal rights to do or not to do. His right was not to release it to anyone who did not have a need to know (meaning anyone who was not involved in his security clearance background or a government official whose job it is to check on this stuff). Just because YOU AND YOUR BIRTHER BUDDIES WANTED him to showIT, doesn't mean that he had ANY obligation to do so. And frankly I wouldn't have shown it to you just on the principle of it. I wish he hadn't.

April 27, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • MB26

No President HAS EVER, NEVER EVER had to go through this level of BS. This has NEVER been a issue before an the only reason its become a issue AT ALL is because of birther morons like you wrapping your idiocy and hate in a "quest" for truth. Screw you and all birthers for proving that his nation still has a bunch of paranoid morons within it.

April 27, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kerwyn

The right thing? HE DID the right thing, he released his birth certificate which looks JUST LIKE MINE. NO ONE has ever questioned my citizenship and in fact, when I raised my hand in oath of service to this country, they took my (gasp) birth certificate as proof of (gasp) my being a natural born citizen.

morons...

April 27, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • copanut

Sure, blame the victim. Why not.

April 27, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • brian

You ignorant so called birthers .. why don't you line up all the citizens of Hawaii and ask them to proof their citizenship since they all had the offiicial copy or so called short form. In fact how many of you were even born in this country and how many of your parents were born here.???

Where was Macain born??? Why don't you ask him to show this BC. Obama has more rights than him.... . Trump say he has proof that Obama's BC was missing??? What is saying now?? he is so full of nonsense that I really question anyone that supports such a moron...

if you think the FBI, CIA and NSA will allow a black man to sneak into the white house, then we world is controlled by little green men from spaceships. Go back to your churches and pray with your dark hearts

April 27, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Layla

Not only that, the certificate on the internet shows that it has been layered, which means it may have been altered. Three years of denials and the day after the poll indicating that 70 % of Americans don't believe him, he comes up with this.

Leaves open the fact that it may have been altered. Your President thinks you are stupid.

April 27, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • trex

The word "populice" you use implies a majority of a group. Got bad news for your crew, the MAJORITY of your own party think you are all freaking nuts.

April 27, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Robert

Let"s call the "birthers" by their real names. RACIST and let's not forget the ignorant and possibly idiots. Well put them all together and that's perfect. RACIST IGNORANT IDIOTS. The year is 2011 and we still have this problem in our society. This is a lack of family in the home. These are basic concepts being taught or not being taught at a very young age.

April 27, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • brian

And we are supposed to be to most advanced nation on earth... this is sure sign of our maturity. People cloak themselves behind the flag and patriotism and spew hate from the other side...

The president of the most advance nation on earth is having to show his BC after 2 years in office, why don't we line up all our politicians and public officials and have everyone in congress prove their citizenship and also show someone who knew them

Since when is it a requirement to show someone that saw you at birth before u can become a citizen.. this is so daft, it defies logic.I'll respect these birthers if they just say we do not want a black man in office.... simple

April 27, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Layla

Not a racist, Robert. I do resent being lied to and constantly called names. Just who do you think you are?

April 27, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Just ashamed!

I am so ashamed of this country and personally offended. It has been nothing but blatant racism since this man has taken office. I like to think that if President was not born here, he probably never would have run for president, less alone even live in America. I guess now we African-Americans will have to produce "Free papers" soon as well. African-American people please get your birth certificates out, because racist America will be asking to see them soon. Such a shame! Sleep well Donald and Birthers!

April 27, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reggie

If your ashamed – THEN LEAVE. Real simple.

April 27, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Woody Hilliard

You are so right. It is absolutely insane.

April 27, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • TR

@Reggie:
      “If your ashamed – THEN LEAVE.” Is that your idea of a democracy, everyone who wants this country to be better should just go somewhere else? Well, at least there aren’t any racist overtones to your post. I mean, it’s not as though you’re suggesting that an African American has less right to express an opinion than you do.

(Incidentally, that last remark was sarcastic. I feel I should point that out because I can see you don’t know the difference between “your” and “you’re,” so I assume you’re not that familiar with written English.)

April 27, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thinker

@reggie: I'm embarrassed too, but I'll be damned if I'm leaving. Instead, I think we'll all stay and fight for some dignity and sanity in this nation – tooth and nail if we have to.

April 27, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • krenz

Reggie, you bigot. what you wanted to say is go back to Africa! HUH?

April 30, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ByGolly

Maybe Trump is a double-agent aka "candidate" who actually wants President Obama to be re-elected. Trump figures if he eggs the Birthers on, then normal people will become completely put-off by their inanity. Thus, since the Republicans don't have any strong, credible candidates other than the inane Trump; normal people will feel they have no choice but to re-elect Obama. Look at it this way Trump is the new "Palin".

I have no doubt that between Trump, the birthers, and other racists pulling psychotic stunts; Obama WILL BE re-elected President. You Betcha!

April 27, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chris

And this birther nut job has hounded Bush for his reckless spending too. Im not a sheep like most Americans I'm sorry to say

April 27, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Helen Young

Obama 'trumped' "The Donald"
    TO all those running for election on the birther platform: You're Fired".
    CNN investigative reporters do a better job than Trump's hired hands.
    Reality check: if someone wants to believe something, no amount of evidence will change their mind. However, the media can choose to not report anyone who is using precious time and space by spouting off proven lies.

April 27, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Carl Justus

The so called birthers are nothing more than racists of the worst kind, much like those who beat, dragged, and even killed the citizens of Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and the civil rights leaders who were helping get equal rights for those who had been treated much like slaves even a hundred years after they were freed.

The birthers are as bad as HItlers supporters, Stalin's supporters, and any that support the oppression of the worst dictators that ever lived.

April 27, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oxymoron

Carl, You are racist sir.

April 27, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. rennie grant

Did dwayne really say "Social Experiment"?? What experiment would that be? That a Black Human Being could possibly be able to handle the job of President?? Please Dwayne... Keep believing what you believe. That way I'll always know where you are and stay far from your stupid azz.

April 27, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |