Obama to meet with special ops involved in bin Laden raid
President Barack Obama lays a wreath at the 9/11 Memorial on Thursday. He is to visit with U.S. special operations troops Friday.
May 5th, 2011

Obama to meet with special ops involved in bin Laden raid

A day after joining survivors of the September 11 attacks in New York City, President Barack Obama will meet with those who killed the leader of the group behind the plot, Osama bin Laden, a senior administration official said Thursday.

Obama will travel to Fort Campbell in Kentucky on Friday "to privately thank some of the special operators involved in the operation," according to the official. On Wednesday, the president met at the White House with Adm. William McRaven, the head of the Joint Special Operations Command "to thank him personally," the official said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Al Qaeda • Military • Osama bin Laden • Terrorism • U.S. Navy
  1. Sickpnai

The photos will be shown about two month before the election. Why waste a good teaching moment. Obama is going to be president of the world.

May 5, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. kim

The goverment should hunt down these rude loud mouth traitors and put a little torture tactics on them there very anti America and Im starting to feel very insulted maybe they should leave america since there so upset about the getting rid of a tyrant and a mass murder of our citizens. I only have the highest praise for the special ops that rid the world of bin laden and I am extremely proud of the servicemen that protect this country. Thes fools that think there being cute are sadly mistaken there blantant disregard for the people here in this country is bordering on treason and causing civil unrest. I think we should let it be know there opinion is not welcome here there making me feel uncomfortable and perhaps there is a fraction of bin laden follers here in our very own mist! That he has people here ready to carry out terrorist activity in the United States. This kinda of negative talk maybe a warning sign that bin laden follower are here seeking revenge. They have to be stopped.

May 5, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Cesar

Yes Joey, one A/hole, 2 screen names. Pitiful lonesome troll.

May 5, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. kim

Thank you to all of our servicemen that protect this country and killed osama bin laden god bless america the land of the brave. To those who have anything otherwise to say you are a traitor to your country and what I hear is treason. I do not agree with anyone that is saying the great job done by the united states military was wrong Im glad they killed osama bin laden he was a very insane turd

May 5, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Manson

I smell ungrateful torreys. Thank you troops. Traitors go to Mexico where your new friends will return your betrayal with blood.

May 5, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Manson

Or better yet torreys, I hear Fidel Castro will welcome you and put you right to work in the cane fields.

May 5, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Frank

People of the United States.
    I live in the basement of the motel where my mother turns tricks for meth. I spend nearly all of my time on my knees in front of Cesar or in front of anyone at the gay bar.

May 5, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Gator

I just heard John King of CNN question the bravery of the Seal team that took out Bin Laden... I have serious doubts about King's intelligence now.

May 5, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joey

@ Troll:
    Stop trying.
    You can't play Joey: you'll never get the part, even in a coffee house.

May 5, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. AndersonKing

Whats gonna happen to the osama compound? They should burn that place down

May 5, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. sandyk

OMgosh! all this BS from Americans! no wonder other countries laugh at us! we cant show an united front for our Navy Seals at least!

May 5, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. dog

the bounty hunter got him so its ok he was shot

May 6, 2011 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
  13. ronvan

Sandyk I have to totally agree with you! Far to many nay sayers, conspiracy idiots and those that don't have a clue as to what they are saying! This was a near perfect operation, 1 chopper lost, Zero casualities, and they KILLED him! I don't give a darn if he was armed or looking for a weapon, this animal did not deserve to live. And for those that say he should have been brought back, alive for trial. BALONEY! Remember we tried that with the GITMO animals and everyone went crazy about "NOT IN MY BACK YARD". NOW we need to get out magnificent military out of Afganistan, and the heck with the consequences. And finally OUR President and his team can say, CORRECTLY, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

May 6, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. Cesar

Dear monkey: I feel neglected. Why haven't you posted in my name here? Come on monkey, what are you waiting for? Hahahahaahahha

May 6, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  15. Dante

Saluting our men and women in uniform:

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpZ8qOXA3uY&w=640&h=360]