Some Yemeni residents flee homes as clashes rage
Yemeni anti-government protesters in Sanaa shout slogans Saturday calling for the ouster of President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
May 28th, 2011

Some Yemeni residents flee homes as clashes rage

Some Yemeni residents heeded calls to evacuate parts of their capital city Saturday in expectation of further clashes between the country's long-time president Ali Abdullah Saleh and tribal leaders, but most remained firmly entrenched in their homes, according to witnesses.

The order was carried out by members of the country's Republican Guard and law enforcement, who warned residents in city neighbourhoods of more confrontations after tensions flared Friday between Nehm tribesmen and soldiers of the Republican Guard.

The tribesmen said the soldiers attacked a village, but tribal fighters, battling back, managed to take over military compounds.

Meanwhile, armed tribesmen were seen massing at four locations around the Yemeni capital of Sanaa, witnesses said, as well as near the house of Sheikh Sadeq al-Ahmar, the leader of the powerful al-Hashid tribe whose forces oppose the government.

Read the complete story on CNN.com

Post by:
Filed under: World • Yemen
  1. Cesar

@True Confessions: You don't understand. I have a job. It's upsetting good normal ordinary bloggers like you and turning them into monsters.

May 28, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Troll confessions

Do I sound upset? You will get yours and I will get mine :) The definition of a troll is someone that makes off topic comments or incendiary remarks, so you and your friends fit into that category more than any of us fighting back against your evil ta-rd army. ;)

May 28, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cesar

Sometimes I will go to the gay bar and pick up a smelly muslim and let him drill my poop chute all night.
    WHOOOPEEEEE!

May 28, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Iamrightyouarewrong

Please don't talk like that Cesar. I know for a fact that smelly Muslims are not your cup of tea.

May 28, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

@iamrightyouarewrong: I am sorry. No I will not marry you. I have fallen in love with my own troll, True Confessions. This troll is so special.

May 28, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Iamrightyouarewrong

Troll or True confessions you sound like a big fat A/S/S liar to me. You are HARD LY man or woman enough for the great Cesar. You sound like a limp d/I/c/k that that needs to go away now please.

May 28, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julius Caesar

You know us Cesars do swing that way ;) prepubescent is the best kind of love. Troll Confessions is a little too old for Cesar. We likes em young dumb and weak enough to overpower. All hail Cesar!

May 28, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar's estranged papa

Cesar! Este es tu padre! Te arrojado del cielo por lo que un pequeño gusano que eres. Usted es incapaz de nada bueno y creo que se divierten mucho ahí abajo en la tierra. Tengo una eternidad de aburrimiento como su castigo. Espero que recuerde siempre que traté de ayudarle, pero estoy seguro de que sólo seguirá a mí maldición y me hacen ser el malo de la película. Diviértete en tu jaula poco oscuro, con todos sus deseos, pero no hay dolor o placer.

May 28, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Cesar

Blah blah blah. Go back to Mexico, puto!!

May 28, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Cesar

@true confessions: Will you marry me?

May 28, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Troll Confessions

Sure. Just turn yourself into a hot blonde virgin cheerleader and we can get hitched. You'll have to get all of that chocolate jesus juice pumped out of your tailpipe first though. When forrest bump was talking about life being a box of chocolates he was talking about your pink kayak that you use to have the NCAA final four in. Not my cup of tea, err coffee.

May 28, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Troll Confessions

*correction* forrest gump. Not bump. Like the bumps on Cesar's &$$hole

May 28, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cesar

@Iamrightyouarewrong: please be easy on my girlfriend, True Confessions. This is my favorite true, and I love her so much. You and I can be friends.

May 28, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Iamrightyouarewrong

Well Cesar because of your honesty as I knew you were I will let things be as they may. I only hoped and wished that I could be your main dish night after night. Butt for now I will go to bed alone and cold wishing your manhood I could have as we grew old.

May 28, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. da cutest troll mama

I may be da cutest butt now I'm da maddest! I believe some people are taking trolls name in vain, da height of heresy! Wait til da King Troll hears about this, he will kick boody 1st, & wont give a doody bout names!I'm going back to my lair where the stench is da best!

May 29, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  10. Troll Booth

May 29, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  11. Cesar

Hail Caesar! Hail Caesar! Hail Caesar!

May 29, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  12. RUFFNUTT

he has more than one but?

May 29, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Miss Anthrope

Ruffie, time to get the troll blaster out! ;)

May 29, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |