Unborn child has Facebook profile
"I am growing strong and waiting to get out of my mom's belly," fetus Marriah Greene says on her Facebook profile.
May 31st, 2011

Unborn child has Facebook profile

Unborn baby Marriah Greene has a lot to say, at least according to her Facebook profile.

The child attends Tummy University, enjoys soccer and swimming and talks in first person. And her friends talk back to her– in baby-speak, naturally.

Of course, it’s really her mother, Ellie Greene of Whitehouse, Texas, updating the page, but the fetus already has more than 260 friends.

When Ellie and her husband, Matt, decided it was time to announce their pregnancy, they wanted a quick, inclusive method, and what’s faster than Facebook to spread exciting news?

“Within a day she had over 100 friends,” Ellie said, according to affiliate KLTV.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2011/05/31/dnt.unborn.baby.facebook.cnn"%5D

Friends quickly responded to updates about Marriah. They give advice, make jokes and compliment her beauty in the ultrasound photos.

“We wanted to keep the page going, so she could go back and look at it,” Ellie said, giving her daughter the opportunity to see how many people adored her before she was even born.

The parents plan to continue updating the page, with her birth story coming soon. After all, “The word in the belly is there's a lot more to see.”

Post by:
Filed under: Facebook • Technology • Texas
  1. Chuck

It's official....Face Book has become the most unbelievably ridiculous thing on the planet. I knew that Face Book was a garbage site but this is beyond stupid. Can someone please explain to me what world benefit Facebook and Twitter have to humanity....I can't believe how many sheep think Twitter and Facebook add to quality of life. 200= friends...Really? That's pathetic.

June 1, 2011 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Truth is Biased

Apparently some of us think that the younger a human is the less deserving of friends. This fetus has yet to do a single thing wrong...I see no reason for her not to have more friends than one whose hurt even a single person. You are simply angered by the idea of a Fetus being a person. The picture speaks for itself, though its voice can be ignored.

June 1, 2011 at 4:27 am | Report abuse |
    • marky

Amazing, you hate the idea of an unborn child having "friends" on FaceBook so much you are rude about it? If you want to be pregnant, it's a "baby"m and you have a great time getting ready; if you don't, then it's a "fetus" and it's not fun in your eyes. How sad, Chuck.

June 1, 2011 at 5:02 am | Report abuse |
    • jana792005

I thought you had to be over the age of 13 to have a facebook page....Just saying.

June 1, 2011 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  2. MIchael Jackson's Ghost

Children, I have arisen.... Jamoneeeeeeee-ah

June 1, 2011 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  3. Truth is Biased

This post is clearly biased towards pro-life. It's intention is to make us think that a fetus is a person, not to give us a newsflash. Well done CNN, she looks like a person to me. I find those comments about laughing if she dies detestable. We can see from the pictures this is not just some human cell. This is a person in development. One cannot call a 3yr old a person, and a fetus not, anymore than one can call a 40yr old a person, and a baby not. The state of the process of development does not alter the essence of the being. If you find it a laughing matter to see a fetus die, you're finding humor at a human life ending.

June 1, 2011 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
    • ol cranky

she looks like a person in that 3-D sonogram because she's almost full term and about the be born. as for the comments about "of she dies", the ones I've seen reference what if there's a miscarriage not a hope that there is one and that is a valid comment for someone to consider if they plan to do something like this for their own pregnancy (especially if they do so early in the pregnancy).

June 1, 2011 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Truth is Biased

I wasn't arguing that the comment was invalid. Also, I never said that anyone was hoping she'd die. I said I found it detestable that anyone would laugh about it if she did. I realize no good hearted person would laugh at her death, but even laughing at the parents for their page would be far from funny. Clearly the couple must be very happy to be pregnant.

June 1, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Truth is Biased

Also, looks do not make a person. The fact that she looks like a person in the picture is not what makers her a person.

June 1, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  4. Joel

Someone call Chris Hansen

June 1, 2011 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
  5. Al Pal

I should punch myself for speed reading through this article. What a waste of brain power.

June 1, 2011 at 4:33 am | Report abuse |
  6. CaringFool

Facebook will be the undoing of all who think they are 'safe' there. Pity.

June 1, 2011 at 4:55 am | Report abuse |
  7. fetus vs baby

Why is this news? Although it's wonderful that they love their baby so much. Their baby is no more special than all the countless babies that have been born and are being born. I guess it doesn't take much to get your name in the headlines. On a side note...what's up with the baby being called a fetus? One minute they say "fetus" and the next it's a "baby". Please make up your mind. One thing that annoys me to no end is all this political correctness that is going on. I've just noticed that if it's an unwanted pregnancy ppl call it "a fetus" to justify themselves. However, if it's a pregnancy that is wanted it is called a "baby" from the moment the couple finds out they are expecting. No one says to their family and friends after finding out they are expecting, "Guess what?!!! We found out we are having a fetus!!! After a few more months it will be a baby!!!" What is wrong with this picture? Corruption best describes it. So CNN, the whole "fetus" thing is a bit much. At what point in your mind is a baby considered a baby? When looking at the ultrasound looks very much like a baby to me.

June 1, 2011 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  8. Dr. Hook

Mt kids have got to eat too you know.

June 1, 2011 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
  9. Father Manboy

I don't have kids. Not technically.

June 1, 2011 at 5:10 am | Report abuse |
  10. Andrew

The baby does look like a beautiful baby girl. Who in their right mind would say this is not a person yet. give it a name call it a Fetus, for me I see a beautiful little girl who is just about whole.

June 1, 2011 at 5:15 am | Report abuse |
    • ol cranky

you're looking at a picture of her shortly before her due date so, of course, she looks like a baby. mind you, she didn't look like this earlier in her prenatal development

June 1, 2011 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  11. Joey

Yes, this is news, the same way that PR meals at destination restaurants, island vacations, TV talk-show appearances, and newspaper articles are aspects of "the news." All of those are bought and paid for.
    So here's my contribution to this news: I SUPPORT A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO ABORTION.

June 1, 2011 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
  12. Uncle Sam

She's a potential American. She is.

June 1, 2011 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  13. Joey

The little star should have a nickname, too.
    I'm going to call it "Fetus."

June 1, 2011 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. Spaceman

uh ! and its picking its nose already !

June 1, 2011 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. Uncle Sam

As a potential American, she should be afforded every right and priveledge that we afford other potential Americans. (Didn't mean to step on your toes Dr. Hook. And no offense Father Manboy. She's a girl anyways)

June 1, 2011 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |