Unborn child has Facebook profile
"I am growing strong and waiting to get out of my mom's belly," fetus Marriah Greene says on her Facebook profile.
May 31st, 2011

Unborn child has Facebook profile

Unborn baby Marriah Greene has a lot to say, at least according to her Facebook profile.

The child attends Tummy University, enjoys soccer and swimming and talks in first person. And her friends talk back to her– in baby-speak, naturally.

Of course, it’s really her mother, Ellie Greene of Whitehouse, Texas, updating the page, but the fetus already has more than 260 friends.

When Ellie and her husband, Matt, decided it was time to announce their pregnancy, they wanted a quick, inclusive method, and what’s faster than Facebook to spread exciting news?

“Within a day she had over 100 friends,” Ellie said, according to affiliate KLTV.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2011/05/31/dnt.unborn.baby.facebook.cnn"%5D

Friends quickly responded to updates about Marriah. They give advice, make jokes and compliment her beauty in the ultrasound photos.

“We wanted to keep the page going, so she could go back and look at it,” Ellie said, giving her daughter the opportunity to see how many people adored her before she was even born.

The parents plan to continue updating the page, with her birth story coming soon. After all, “The word in the belly is there's a lot more to see.”

Post by:
Filed under: Facebook • Technology • Texas
  1. Dr. Hook

None taken Sam. Wondering if Sam is on FB.

June 1, 2011 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. marz

creepy

June 1, 2011 at 5:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Voice of Reason

It's brilliant. Best of everything to all the Greene family and friends!
      Ignore the bitter and twisted. They must be really unhappy or theyr'e mad jealous of something so special.

June 3, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Father Mannbuoy

Yeah, I got that Sam. We can still give her a dutchboy and teach her to sing though.

June 1, 2011 at 5:57 am | Report abuse |
  4. Uncle Sam

@Dr. Hook. No, not on FB. I'd like t be though. But FB and my pentium cube get crossed up. And every time I use my NSA key, somebody on FB reports me. I'm on Youtube though!

June 1, 2011 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  5. Katie

How stupid is this.... Facebook is beginning to SUCK!!!!

June 1, 2011 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
  6. Dr. Hook

@US. I'm on Youtube as well! It's not very flattering though. It's a video from back when we first started calling them PBA's. Not my best angle.

June 1, 2011 at 6:08 am | Report abuse |
  7. Joey

Since this PR stunt's purpose concerns abortion, along with parental glamour, I shall state some of my beliefs, unrelated to laws, concerning abortion:
    1. If a woman becomes pregnant, the decision concerning abortion should be exclusively hers.
    2. A man who contributes sperm to produce a fetus with a woman with whom he is not cohabiting, and to whom he is not married, should have no financial responsibility at all for the support of the ultimately produced child, if the woman exercises her right not to abort the fetus.
    This properly conveys my views on the "and do his business" rant.

June 1, 2011 at 6:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Ang

And it just that...your opinion. – and a sucky one at that.

June 1, 2011 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
    • forreal4

wow, your a real winner. You and Charlie Shean should hang out. I believe this story was about an excited couple have a baby, not a hidden agenda. Stop tilting your head every time you look at the world.

June 1, 2011 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  8. JT

Wow. I feel sorry this this unborn child. Not even out of the womb yet and already be exploited by the parents. I see a money grabbing-sell your soul (or that of your child) to earn a quick buck. Another reason not to use FB.

June 1, 2011 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Still waiting for the buck DA

February 12, 2013 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  9. Deadbeat Dads of America

@Joey. We like your views, and would like to extend to you our warmest invitation to join our organization. We can send you an application in the mail as soon as Uncle Sam buys us a stamp.

June 1, 2011 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  10. Joey

IT SAYS IN THE
    Monty Python film "The Meaning of Life" that "Every Sperm is Sacred."
    IT SAYS IT, RIGHT THERE IN THE flick.

June 1, 2011 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
  11. Abandoned Children of America

Rip Joey's throat out and feed it to us now!

June 1, 2011 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  12. kalamac

Isn't there supposed to be a minimum age requirement to joining Facebook? I understand the adults are the ones posting, but if the age limits were actually enforced there'd be less stupid stuff like this going on.

June 1, 2011 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  13. Uncle Sam

@Joey. Bad idea son. If we did it your way, I'd have send troops to protect Venezuela's oilfields in exchange for Chavez extending US credit to cover deadneat dads. (China's tapped-out covering our social security or I'd just send more troops to Afghanistan)

June 1, 2011 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  14. Joey

@ forreal 14:
    YOU go through the world wearing blinders, if you choose.
    Without assigning parental utility to the original FB foolishness, I refuse to ignore the inevitable implications of the stunt's publication.

June 1, 2011 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. tbazz

I like the idea of having an online baby book for a child. I just think it should start once the child is actually born and should be stopped when the child starts finding it embarrassing. FB came out when my kids were already teens so I missed out on all of the online mommy bragging.

June 1, 2011 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |