June 1st, 2011

Casey Anthony's brother testifies about confrontation over Caylee

Casey Anthony's brother testified Wednesday about a "combative" confrontation between his mother and sister on the night of July 15, just before his 2-year-old niece Caylee's disappearance a month earlier was reported to police.

Lee Anthony told jurors in his sister's capital murder trial he arrived at his parents' house after being contacted by his father and asked to go. He said shortly after he arrived about 8 p.m., his mother Cindy Anthony came home, with his sister in tow.

The two were arguing about Caylee's whereabouts, Lee Anthony said. At that point, according to Cindy Anthony's previous testimony, she had not seen her daughter or granddaughter for weeks. She testified she found her daughter only after contacting a friend and being led to the home of Casey Anthony's then-boyfriend.

Casey Anthony kept insisting the little girl was with her nanny, Lee Anthony said, and could be picked up the next day. She maintained Caylee was already asleep by that point and she didn't want to disturb her or disrupt her routine.

Lee Anthony told jurors he offered to go get Caylee or have his roommate do it. "There was, in my mind, no excuse why anybody couldn't go get Caylee," he testified.

A short recess was called as Lee Anthony recounted the confrontation. According to Cindy Anthony's testimony, her daughter eventually broke down and told her brother Caylee had been missing for a month and that the nanny had kidnapped her, which prompted Cindy Anthony to call police.

Casey Anthony, 25, is charged with seven counts in Caylee's death, including first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse and misleading police. If convicted, she could face the death penalty.
On Tuesday, a former friend of Casey Anthony's testified that she was growing more frustrated with her parents around the time Caylee was last seen on June 16.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Casey Anthony • Courts • Crime • Justice
  1. fernace

Anybody thought of picking up a newspaper? Or reading news reports online? Both of those sources can fill you in on what you've missed due to commercials. I think it's the height of bad taste of a network to commercialize this type of programming.Like some1 pointed out, this is a matter of the murder of a child, not DWTS! Where are their brains?!?

June 1, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Angie

I asked because I did try to research it on line and I couldn't figure out what happened during that time period and unfortunately this is the age we live in that we watch high profile court cases on tv. I am truly interested in what happened to that little girl and since it's broadcasted, I'm watching out of interest. I've watched OJ, Melanie Maguire, Phil Spector and a few others. I have an interest in legal matters, how cases are handled and presented, its educational in a legal sense, and I think is a far better interest than the karsahians or mob wives.

June 1, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@angie: but not nearly as interesting as old 3rd rock reruns..

June 2, 2011 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Angie

Lol thanks I will have to check that out. :-)

June 2, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. moxiesister

ENOUGH! She is guilty of murdering her little girl! What is the issue here? I've seen and heard enough to know that everyone involved did NOT protect this little one and they have to live with it! NO EXCUSES! We didn't know this and We didn't know that..........How convenient!

June 1, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cindy C.

She IS! Look how many peoples lives she has killed, and the peoples lives she has ruined and never will recover! I want to know all previous charges against her!

June 16, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Carolyn Lewis

Is it possible that her lawyers or someone is giving Casey some sort of a sedative or drug when she goes into the courtroom?
    I have never seen anyone remain so cool after not seeing her parents or brother in such a long time, Can't they do a random drug test when she gets into the courtroom?

June 1, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • SF

She's not on drugs. She's a sociopath.

June 9, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. audreygreene

In the prior police reports Casey was an expert at passing bad checks, she was stealing money from Cindy's mother, she was stealing from Cindy and George, and stealing from Amy (her friend at the time) she drove Tony's car when he asked her not to. She probably bumming money off of Lee and Lee's roommate too http://bit.ly/md8ofg

June 2, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Joey

Her defense lawyer says that it will become clear that Casey is not guilty.
    I haven't seen one indication that she is not guilty, and I think that she and both of her parents are lying. I believe Casey's brother.
    It bothers me that humans like this trio of (allegedly) criminal deviants exist, but I deal with trash just that crooked in my work every day.

June 2, 2011 at 6:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. LINDA

all is lying they all know what happen to the baby look at the jail house phone calls with each other casey and her so called dad looks eye to eye to each other and smiles watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the eyes they say a lot ... i have said this befor it is alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll about the money they are getting off the baby what a SHAME and CINDY is a fake she said she is disable now so she has to keep the front up so she can keep her SSI ...SHAME SHAME SHAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 2, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • janice sykes

i agree with you Linda. They all know what happened to this,precious baby. but,which one will give justice to,CAYLEE.

June 28, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Cindy C.

This toddler is gone because mother didnt have enough attention to her! No blood Evideidence?, none there! She killed chilled with Cloraform, taped mouth and nose, sufficated this child while she was still asleep. I would love to see her on the stand!

June 16, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Cindy C.

Find the father that is suppose to be dead!

June 16, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • janice sykes

the,father is george anthony. since, lee was proving by, DNA, not to be the father. there's soome secrets,we haven't yet heard about in this family.

June 28, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jon

Expect for audreygreene and SF, all the rest of these comments are loony. Don't you people work?

June 18, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. JEANNIE YURKIEWICZ

THE METER READER SAW THE BAG KICKED THE BAG SKULL ROLL PARTIAL OUT WHY IS SO HARD TO FIGURE OUT YES THE HAIR WAS MOVED!

June 18, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Lesley

I agree with Carolyn. I think Casey is on some kind of medication that is keeping her from getting agitated in court.

June 18, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Richard Mills

MY 11 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS BEEN ABDUCTED AS REPORTED TO CNN & NANCY GRACE

LEARN MORE / SEE MY REPORTS

FACEBOOK / SAVEALLISONMILLS

June 20, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ActionJackson

Then get your ass off of the Internet and go look for her

June 20, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. janice sykes

If, I were the prosecutor, I would asked Lee, do he think the reason, that his mother and Casey, kept,Casey,pregnaancy from him was,because they believed that, Caylee was (his). That to me would be Casey's motive for, (alledgelly) murdering her daughter(callieI, guess the thought of her daughter(calylee) may also be her (niece) the thought and realization of that disgusted her.

June 28, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. janice sykes

george anthony,hired roy kronk,to disclose this babie's body.

June 28, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Delores G. Wright

This a first! Possible. I agree.

June 29, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Delores G. Wright

Casey was tired of being a mother and wanted her freedom. Her mother was probably insisting on her being the mother she was to be. I think she was tired of it and decided to do something stupid and ended up in the death of this little girl. After all she is pretty sick. Where is the father of this child? Why doesn't someone come forward? Could it be true that the father is inside of the family?

June 29, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply