Gotta Watch: Remembering Reagan
President Ronald Reagan salutes as he tells a joke during his address to the leadership of the American Legion on February 10.
June 5th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Remembering Reagan

Ronald Reagan, "The Great Communicator" and conservative icon, served two presidential terms, which included an assassination attempt on his life and his famous call to the Soviet Union to tear down the Berlin Wall. In his post-presidential life, Reagan suffered from Alzheimer's disease and died on June 5, 2004. In today’s Gotta Watch, we remember the actor-turned-statesman.

Reagan's funeral – Political heads, showbiz veterans and admirers all turned out for Reagan's funeral. Nancy Reagan stood silently and stoically as she watched her husband's coffin be loaded into a hearse.

Assassination attempt – News of the Reagan’s shooting shocked a nation as it tenuously waited to learn just how seriously the new president was injured. Details were slim at first, but as the day continued, the world learned Ronald Reagan was in serious danger and required surgery.

Reagan in his own words – He was known for his great communication skills. Watch the delivery, the charisma and the bravado that became synonymous with Ronald Reagan.

Post by:
Filed under: Gotta Watch • Obituary • Republican Party
  1. Pix

Agree, Marine Dad.

Two words:

Jane Wyatt.

June 5, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jazzzzzz

I blend ice,water and green poop. Great shake.

June 5, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  3. -.-

I always called Reagan "The Great Degenerator".

June 5, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. dwech

My favorite Ronny Quote? "I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself." This from the man who thought prosperity would 'trickle down' from the rich. That didn't work. Neither did most of the policies he (excuse me, his handlers) endorsed. Reagan was a 2-term failure, as was Bush Jr. Get over it.

June 5, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ellis from Panama

I'm gay. My mommie has herp es in her rear

June 5, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. gung hoe

Everyone of you pinheads are so far in leftfield that you should be ashamed of yourselves you run down the best president weve had since lincoln and build up the half breed racist mutt we have in obama go palin bachman in 12 out with the racist mutt obma

June 5, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary Johndro

YABBA-DABBA-DOO,.gung hoe, I'm with you. We never had a better president than this Reagan dude,no we never did. But then again,what do I know? I'm just a stupid Tea Partier myself.

June 5, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Donald in CA

Another guy i couldnt stand. Remember 14 percent home loans? But the american people liked his cowboy movies as they liked arnolds bang bang movies. Only in america.

June 6, 2011 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I eat blue poop.

June 6, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joe J.

Reagan and his people knew darn well there would be any money tricklin' down to the middle class.
    The guy was a greedy immoral meathead. Anybody with a brain has figured this out.
    It's hard to believe he's still fooling some of the people.

June 6, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |