Teen with cancer blogs her bucket list
British teen Alice Pyne, who has cancer, has written a bucket list on her blog of things she'd like to do before she dies.
June 9th, 2011

Teen with cancer blogs her bucket list

The online bucket list of a British teenager reportedly dying of cancer has made headlines around the globe and dominated Twitter for the past 24 hours.

"It doesn't look like I'm going to win this one. The cancer is spreading through my body," Alice Pyne's blog says. "It's hard because I gave it my all. And it's a pain because there's so much stuff I still want to do. Anyway, Mum always tells me that life is what we make of it."

The term "bucket list" refers to a list of things a person wants to do before he or she "kicks the bucket." According to British and Australian press reports, Pyne's list includes taking a tour of Cadbury World to eat "loads" of chocolate, having a movie nights with her best friends, going to Kenya and swimming with sharks.

She wants to enter her dog Mabel in a local Labrador show and meet the British pop group Take That.

Pyne's blog says she's been fighting Hodgkin's lymphoma for four years.

Post by:
Filed under: United Kingdom
  1. Sharon

Where is the group she wants to see? Why can't people help her achieve most of this?

More importantly, I urge her not to give up! My friend had stage four breast cancer, all thru her, and without any reasoning whatsoever, it went into remission. I pray the same thing for this fine young lady, who has not run out of living. Some of us stop living before we stop breathing – she choose to keep on going. Good for her!!

June 9, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • William

>Sharon, I believe she is going to see Take That this weekend. Btw, that group is huge in the UK and it's a pretty big deal. I'm glad they were able to help and check that off her list.

June 9, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jj

that brought a tear to my eye :( god bless this girl

June 9, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. €Engleberthumperdink¥£

Shut up JJ. U stupid a$$

June 9, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. €Engleberthumperdink¥£

Idiot doctors.

June 9, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. JenngerAle

I pray for this girl. I wish her to be able to do many of the things she wants to do before that point where she gets to sick to go do any of it. I know how it must be like a dark cloud over her head but I hope it doesnt ruin what life she has left. KEEP FIGHTING LITTLE ONE. THE WORLD IS WITH YOU AND LOVES YOU!

June 9, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Canadian Genius

Horrible way to go. I want a sudden death.

June 9, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. jj

go thump ur dink in bred

June 9, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. kathryn

How can we help her make these things happen?

June 9, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. amanda k sharp

hey, my name is amanda sharp, i too am battleing cancer. i am so very sorry to read your fear. but your fight is extraordinary. i very much agree with your "bucket list." do everything you can possabley do. if you would like to talk i am on face book. i have been fighting now for only a year and a half. but i am fixing to battle it for the fourth time. and surgery is no longer an option. nor is chemo. but we do have a plan in place. i would very much like to talk with you. and learn about what kind of cancer you have. mine is called neroblastomia. i had it first when i was 6 years old. and after 12 years at the age of 18 it came back. mine is attacking my abdomen. and we just cant get rid of it. you are so amazing. please contact me if you would like. again i am on facebook. no tricky names or anything. just amanda sharp. or if you would like to email me directly here is my email. midgetsharp@yahoo.com. my prayers and blessings are with you. i hope you get to do everything you want. by for now. stay strong.

June 9, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Garrett Tatum

Amanda K. Sharp, the young women who posted in this thread telling you to be strong and live while you can passed earlier today from her cancer. I had just googled her name and this post appeared. I am happy that she wanted to help others and reach out to those in need. She was and still is an inspiration to me and hopefully others. I wish nothing but happiness and peace for those in your situation.

August 28, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. fernace

To all with terminal illnesses- keep your heads up, don't "claim" the illness by referring to it as yours, do conventional medicine but don't foget holistic & altenative methods, pray if it helps! Most of all hang as much as possible with family & friends, & Have Fun!! None of us know when our last day is, that's why it's so important to enjoy life, even the little things! May you all succede in your battles!!

June 10, 2011 at 2:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. robit1929

hi
    its very good and informative site i like it very much keep it up

June 12, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. DKMS

DKMS Americas supports Alice with her bucket list. We want to help her cross her # 1 off her list "To make everyone sign up to be a bone marrow donor". Do your part and register today. Go to http://www.getswabbed.org to get a free swab kit. YOU can save a life!

June 16, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. andrewglaze2

To all with last illnesses- stay your heads up, don't "swear" the illness by referring to it as yours, do formal medication but don't forget holistic & alternative methods, pray if it helps! Most of all grasp as some as contingent with household & friends, & Hump Fun!! None of us screw when our conclusion day is, that's why it's so primary to savor aliveness, plane the short things! May you all succeed in your battles!!

June 26, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. comprehensive cancer

It was very sad i must pray for that girl thanks for sharing with us.

December 21, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse | Reply