Boy's reaction to being Schwarzenegger's son: 'Cool!'
Arnold Schwarzenegger and wife Maria Shriver are now separated.
June 15th, 2011

Boy's reaction to being Schwarzenegger's son: 'Cool!'

When the 13-year-old son of Arnold Schwarzenegger's former housekeeper found out the Terminator was his father, he answered with one word: "Cool!"

That's what the housekeeper, Mildred Baena, tells HELLO! magazine, in what the British publication says will be her first and only interview on the subject.

The housekeeper told the magazine she didn't realize at first that the boy, Joseph, was Schwarzenegger's son.

“It was as Joseph grew and I started to see the resemblance that I wondered – but It became more apparent as time went on,” HELLO! quotes Baena as saying.“I knew Arnold was the father, and maybe as Joseph got older and began to look like him, he (Arnold) wondered. But he never said anything to me.”

Baena also said Schwarzenegger's wife, Maria Shriver, had her suspicions.

“She would say things like, 'I’m here if you need to talk.' I sensed something was up," Baena is quoted as saying. “Finally, she asked point blank.”

Upon learning the truth, Shriver comforted Baena, the housekeeper told HELLO!

"She cried with me. ... We held each other and I told her it wasn’t Arnie’s fault, that it takes two,” Baena is quoted as saying.

Post by:
Filed under: Arnold Schwarzenegger • Showbiz
  1. arejaye

Hopefully this kid won't grow up to be a pretentious lil spoiled brat like Patrick, the oldest son, has so far

June 15, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  2. Switters

Mildred Baena is a hot, sensuous, Latina

Unfortunately Maria S. is a pasty, whitebread, Caucasian

Me – I try to spend most of my time in Central and South America

June 15, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • oldboldgold

Ummmm, I spend eight years south of the border and found the women to generally be repressed and more mommy than wife. The men were generally more mommy's little bad boy than husband or manly.

June 20, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. reggie from LA

Guess it's like in the movie, "Jingle all the Way" when the kid finds out his father (played by Schwarzenegger) is Turbo Man. "Cool". Yet unfortunate. Couldn't pass up the irony. Actually, glad that his son is not dissappointed at this stage in his life. Now that's cool.

June 15, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  4. dave

His response was "Cool!" then he immediately started lifting weights and hitting on fat uggos.

June 15, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  5. amrith777

What I don't understand about this whole claim that she didn't know is the fact that I thought I read that he was secretly/discreetly sending her funds or helped her buy a house or both.That doesn't necessarily mean the child was his–it could only point to her being a mistress–but still....it's confusing.I call shenanigans on the whole thing anyway,across the board.Who do any of these people think they're kidding?

June 15, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • ABCfellow

They are both foreigners and foreigners think we Americans are stupid!

June 15, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • marco

You are also a foreigner if ur not the Amr Indian ur from europe or somewhere else so dont raise this question

June 16, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
    • N

By your logic, we're all actually African, because that's where the human species originated.

I was born and raised in America, which by definition means I am Not a foreigner here... regardless of where my ancestors existed at various stages of history.

June 17, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Reggie Mali

You talking, Americans are all foreigners! with the exception of the native Americans...bimbo!

June 16, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark

And you prove them right.

June 17, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
    • getAgrip

Two words – paternity test.

July 1, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. gleiva

It's not a tumuh!

June 15, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  7. Pok"her Face

"Arnie" lol
    Well, at least the kid found his fortune...

June 15, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. AIYEKUOTO

Well,

I think she (the house breaker),did not know the boy was Arnold's son until the boy started saying: " I will back. I will be back" with an Austrian accent. Then it dawned on her that she had slept with Arnold. What a bunch of BS!!

June 15, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Reggie Mali

Hahahhah!!!! You are funny!!! LOL!

June 16, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldboldgold

I think that is just part of her softsoaping that she was acting the ho at work... like it only happened once, you know, an accident. She wants to give her son something to believe other than he was created with his mommy was acting the ho.

June 20, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mr. Freeze = COOL

"I'm sending you to da coolah."

June 15, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  10. Andre the Giant

Give him a few years and he's going to turn into a reality TV doüchebag.

June 15, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  11. Anthony Weiner

I'm so grateful for this that tears are running down my face. I'm sending a tweet right now.

June 15, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Arnold Schwarzenegger

Hey, those aren't tears- EWWW!

June 15, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  12. AnnaM

She had so much love and respect for Maria that she slept with her husband and tried to hide his kid right under Maria's nose for over a decade.

June 15, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  13. Choconet

Now remember Arnold's housekeeper was married at the time she gave birth to a son. She was obviously in denial and was hoping the kid was her husband's. But that almost never happens when your smack dab in the middle of adultery! When your doing your dirt and end up pregnant the kid is never going to be the person you want it to be. There are many true examples of my theory on the Maurey Povich show.

June 15, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • oldboldgold

Heck, my sister tried to pull the same thing off. Every woman I've ever known that got preggers while cheating tried to pass the kid off as the husbands. My sister got lucky, her kid looks just like her. No DNA and twenty-five years later we have no idea who was the dad....

June 20, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Slamman007

Do you think Arnie stood naked in the middle of the bedroom and yelled "De la tiempo de Turbo"?????? This kid can jingle all the way to the bank, now that's COOL!!!

June 15, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  15. sane

The woman made a mistake. So far, she seems to be handling it with as much class as possible. And Maria seems to be a class act. Stop with the nastiness.

June 15, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

I feel sorry for them, but I hope this story becomes very popular.

June 15, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |