Boy's reaction to being Schwarzenegger's son: 'Cool!'
Arnold Schwarzenegger and wife Maria Shriver are now separated.
June 15th, 2011

Boy's reaction to being Schwarzenegger's son: 'Cool!'

When the 13-year-old son of Arnold Schwarzenegger's former housekeeper found out the Terminator was his father, he answered with one word: "Cool!"

That's what the housekeeper, Mildred Baena, tells HELLO! magazine, in what the British publication says will be her first and only interview on the subject.

The housekeeper told the magazine she didn't realize at first that the boy, Joseph, was Schwarzenegger's son.

“It was as Joseph grew and I started to see the resemblance that I wondered – but It became more apparent as time went on,” HELLO! quotes Baena as saying.“I knew Arnold was the father, and maybe as Joseph got older and began to look like him, he (Arnold) wondered. But he never said anything to me.”

Baena also said Schwarzenegger's wife, Maria Shriver, had her suspicions.

“She would say things like, 'I’m here if you need to talk.' I sensed something was up," Baena is quoted as saying. “Finally, she asked point blank.”

Upon learning the truth, Shriver comforted Baena, the housekeeper told HELLO!

"She cried with me. ... We held each other and I told her it wasn’t Arnie’s fault, that it takes two,” Baena is quoted as saying.

Post by:
Filed under: Arnold Schwarzenegger • Showbiz
  1. The Other Guy

I would say the same thing if I had just learned that I was half-robot.

June 15, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  2. Baranga the Great

Is there anything Kelly Slater can't do?

June 15, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

Get me out of trouble?

June 15, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. publius enigma

This is almost exactly the same as what Schwarzenegger did, so why is one prosecuted and the other not? They both had an affair that resulted in a child. They both paid off the mistress to keep her quiet during their election. The only difference is that Arnold used money from his own exquisite bank account and Edwards got help from a rich friend.

"Well, hello! I mean, of course you help a friend"
    Schwarzenegger

June 15, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldboldgold

That difference is the difference that matters. It isnt illegal to have a mistress. It is illegal to misuse campaign funds.

June 20, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Herod Apyur Poupr

WoW! This must be some sort of sympathy game being played on us. The kid doesn't look lke Arnold at all & the woman well, she's not his type.

June 15, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. erich2112x

"cool" doesn't even begin to describe it, kid. You're rich!

June 15, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bird

nah, he'll have to split it with all the other Schwartzie love children.......

June 15, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • PACO

all i want is just one more oatmeal pie,little debbie little debbie

June 15, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sue

How would you feel if you were a man, raised a son for 13 years, and then you are told you a re NOT the father, but amother man is, Arnold The sperminator. This "lovechild" now thinks it's "COOL" when told of the truth. I would HATE MY MOM for this.The poor man that raised him THINKING it WAS his son. This lady, oh, I'm sorry I can't call her a lady, this homewrecker is nothing short of a golddigger and her son will grow up always being the "Redheaded stepchild homewrecker". He will forever be "Labeleed". Great going maid. You will NEVER be as classy as Maria,you are just a MAID!

June 15, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • C Men

@ Sue – You are racist if you think Hispanic men are that stupid.

June 15, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldboldgold

Sue, the husband left her a few weeks after the kid was born. This kid was raised by a single mom.

June 20, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Linda

If anyone believes that Maria comforted that woman then I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you. IF the conversation happened at all I think it explains why she is in hiding; she doesn't want anyone to see the scratch marks on her face from after Maria found out. Everyone in this situation is a loser and of low moral standing, except for Maria and her children. While he bears no responsibility in this, I hope someday the child will realize that it's not cool to be the product of an illicit, immoral affair.

June 15, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linton Dawson

Don't take your crap out on a little boy, Linda

June 15, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • ModernMan

That is a crappy thing to say. It's not his fault, he did not choose the way he arrived here. Save the stones for when you are free of sin Hester.

June 15, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

Wow, that's cold. So you believe that the sins of the father will be visited upon the child? Nice. I'm sending you a picture of my junk right now.

June 15, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Codepwned

Not everyone is a psychopath woman who assaults another. At that point it was so long ago that I think Shriver just wanted to have answers.

June 15, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • dt74

It is a lot more "cool" than hearing your dad is broke and in jail or something.

June 15, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • NRG68

I agree with Linton; Linda, stop blaming the child! The child has plenty to be thankful for....including life.

June 15, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Retired US Marine

Keep your morality to yourself. Some people got their feelings hurt and a child was born. Put those two things on the scale and tell me which way it leans for you.

June 15, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Arnold Schwarzenegger

Linda? Linda with the big, er, personalities? Didn't we ball at the festival?

June 15, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • ModernMan

Linda is just trying to steal the spotlight from Tracy Morgan by condemning someone else. I wonder if she hopes he will eventually spin into a deep depression as a result of the situation. Sad person, sad indeed.

June 15, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

I disagree. Some people have a little "Decorum" shall we say. Why throw a fit? As she stated she already suspected. Maria is not one to traumatize children, she's a Kennedy, and like them or not, they know how to deal with trauma. I believe this woman.

June 15, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. See Novak

Isn't a great comment on our society when our women screw around so much they can't keep track of whom their kids' father is.
    Terrific......

June 15, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

She was married, you clod. Her husband is listed as the father on the birth certificate.This is ugly enough without you making stuff up. You better believe I know what I'm talking about.

June 15, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Retired US Marine

Human beings are not a monogamous species. Who is just figuring this out?

June 15, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

Sorry Anthony, I hear you.

June 15, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldboldgold

Retired Marine: okay, we are not a monogamous species. Monogamy was designed by men to control women... to ensure that her children were his children. Men still insist that their wives be monogamous... you notice her hubby disappeared quick enough. Women are understandably pizzed when men double standard. If any of you think women are more "naturally" monogamous than men, you are fooling only yourself. Marriage and monogamy do, however, create a stable environment in which to raise children. So the only question is.... do you care enough about your children to have some self-control?

June 20, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Anthony Weiner

I'm so grateful to her for doing this interview.

June 15, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Linda

Apparently Linton Dawson can't read. I did not take my "crap" out on the little boy. Please review my comments and try to understand what I said.

June 15, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • ModernMan

Your comment was clear. You are a nasty person. I sure hope he doesn't read your garbage.

June 15, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

You said he was conceived in sin and had low morals. It was pretty clear. Are you taking it back now? I already tweeted it.

June 15, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • ModernMan

@Anthony LOL!!!

June 15, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Arnold Schwarzenegger

Linda, did that infection ever clear up?

June 15, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldboldgold

I got what Linda said. I think you all just identify your own life with Arnie and the maid... birds of a feather, as it were.

June 20, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jester

I ain't say'n she's a gold digger, but she did mess with a shrivaa'negger

June 15, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jester

I ain't say'n she's a gold digger, but she did-done a shrivaa'negger

June 15, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deej59

That was bad once. Posting it twice really makes a dud stand out.

June 15, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ModernMan

That pumpkin orange sheen is from the tanning booth.

June 15, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Iz Teremka Kennel

A son born out of wedlock is not new.

June 15, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Barbara

Why is this news! We have so many more important things to worry about in this world and this country than this crap! Really, who cares...?

June 15, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

I care. I care desperately about this child's feelings. Please keep this story going for days. I'm begging you!

June 15, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Netr0

Because people like you read the article, react to it, post about it, then continue to stick around to read future replies to said posts. CNN is not just to provide breaking news, but to earn money by keeping viewers coming back for 'interesting stories'.

June 15, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deej59

You read it. It's a choice that requires a click. Credibility revoked.

June 15, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

Serious for a moment: Arnold did something very bad on impulse, and a child resulted. Now the child knows, and we're interested in how he took it. This is someone's life here. He probably said 'cool' at first, then thought it through. Growing up with Arnold's body might be great fun, and having half his money might be fun. Looking your friends in the eye might be horrible, and making new friends difficult.
      Believe me, I know.

June 15, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Recovering Fish

What a stupid mormon.

June 15, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

Doncha mean maroon? Or moran?

June 15, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |