Boy's reaction to being Schwarzenegger's son: 'Cool!'
Arnold Schwarzenegger and wife Maria Shriver are now separated.
June 15th, 2011

Boy's reaction to being Schwarzenegger's son: 'Cool!'

When the 13-year-old son of Arnold Schwarzenegger's former housekeeper found out the Terminator was his father, he answered with one word: "Cool!"

That's what the housekeeper, Mildred Baena, tells HELLO! magazine, in what the British publication says will be her first and only interview on the subject.

The housekeeper told the magazine she didn't realize at first that the boy, Joseph, was Schwarzenegger's son.

“It was as Joseph grew and I started to see the resemblance that I wondered – but It became more apparent as time went on,” HELLO! quotes Baena as saying.“I knew Arnold was the father, and maybe as Joseph got older and began to look like him, he (Arnold) wondered. But he never said anything to me.”

Baena also said Schwarzenegger's wife, Maria Shriver, had her suspicions.

“She would say things like, 'I’m here if you need to talk.' I sensed something was up," Baena is quoted as saying. “Finally, she asked point blank.”

Upon learning the truth, Shriver comforted Baena, the housekeeper told HELLO!

"She cried with me. ... We held each other and I told her it wasn’t Arnie’s fault, that it takes two,” Baena is quoted as saying.

Post by:
Filed under: Arnold Schwarzenegger • Showbiz
  1. publius enigma

The cases of Schwarzenegger and Edwards are like 'twins'. They both had an affair that resulted in a child. They both paid to keep it quiet so as to not ruin their election chances. The only difference is that Arnold used money from his own exquisite bank account and Edwards got help from a rich friend.

"Well, hello! I mean, of course you help a friend"
    Schwarzenegger

June 15, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

I wish I had a rich friend. I wish I had a friend left, in fact. All my tweets are coming back unopened.

June 15, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. AC

Not enough love or respect for Maria, if you slept with him, uh? It appears that you had more love for Arnold than Maria, uh? In her house, puta!

June 15, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

He probably came on to her and she was afraid she'd lose her job and have a powerful man mad at her, so she did it. Lots of ladies would like to do it with Arnold, especially 13 years ago. It's twice as bad because there was an element of coercion. Even I never HIRED anyone to look at my junk.

June 15, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. PeterD

Half of American Children are born out of Wedlock. This is how dirty society America is. Every major street of Major city in America Goes to Hell.

June 15, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

I'm sending you a picture that will explain why this is so.

June 15, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

Marriage is a losing proposition, why would we follow?

June 15, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Kevin in Atlanta

It is refreshing to here Beana say "It takes two."

Too many times in illicit relationships like this, the man is the overall villain while the woman he slept with gets massive dollars to go on talk shows and trash him. Arnold is wrong for what he did, there is no question there. But so is Beana. And I have a bit more respect for her now to hear here admit that.

June 15, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. meh

So she says she didn't realize the boy was Arnie's at first, I'm left wonderin' how many men she was having "relations" with....too funny

June 15, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • BigAustin

hahahaha totally!

June 15, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

No, she was married and assumed it was her husband's. I'm sending you a tweet right now that will explain it all.

June 15, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donna

She was married at the time and didn't know if her husband or the governator was the father.

June 15, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kreidus

the lady was married at the time, thats why she wondered. DUH!

June 15, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kimmie

That means Mildred was having unprotected relations with at least one man other than Arnold and that is the reason why the AIDS rate among married women is climbing. Arnold is stupid for cheating on Maria and he cheated with someone that he should have known would sell her story.

June 15, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Derasa

Two. Arnold and her husband.

June 15, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

Kimmie, I repeat, she thought it was her husband's. She wasn't sleeping with hundreds of men or something. This is bad enough without you inventing stuff. And believe me, I know.

June 15, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Louis

Ugh.... "cool". What a dope.

June 15, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alyssa

Why? He's a boy who not only just found out that he does indeed have a father, but that his father is a rich and powerful man. Why does his happiness make him a dope?

June 15, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • ?

It's a 13 year old kid, what do you expect?

June 15, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Gen

These have got to be the funniest soundoffs I have ever read!!! Keep on going! You guys are on some roll! I've been laughing for at least an hour! A must keep in your archves CNN!

June 15, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

Please keep this important story going for weeks. Please.

June 15, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Retired US Marine

The American Dream has just been re-written:
    Austrian immigrant Mr. Universe movie star Governor who played Hercules & Conan & married into one of the most influential political families in US History knocks up housekeeper 13 years ago and the first word out of the kids mouth when he hears about it is "cool!"

June 15, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boheme

Well, what was a 13yr old teeenager supposed to say? Recite Shakespeare??

June 15, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

He was thinking "I'm going to be as big as Arnie? Cool!" That wouldn't be so bad, and he'll get some money. But there will be humiliation issues. Believe me, I understand humiliation issues . . .

June 15, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Addison

He is the terminator and the Governator,. but she is the Goldigernator.

June 15, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Autrian Beer Goggles

Have you seen this woman?? Yikes!! I know Arnold's not the young stud he used to be but he does have money and power, and that will get you hot women any day. I can't believe he blew it all for that woman. Go equal or better Arnie, equal or better.

June 15, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • scir91onYouTube

arnie has an incredible body for a man in his 60s.

June 15, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

Thirteen years ago she was probably better-looking. Maybe there are pictures . . .

June 15, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe Kenadee

Dude have you looked at Maria? Arnold's standards are not very high at all; only a blind man would find either of these women attractive. Maria's something else though her face looks like a horror movie I could never watch her when she was on the news because she looked so terrible.

June 15, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. coolbreeze

Arnold is signing a deal with Hollywood they are having plans to make another movie called the SPERMINATOR

June 15, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

Wow, you just now thought of that one?

June 15, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • junior

Never laugh so much in a comment before, ahahahahaha, sperminator, I lllll be back !!!

June 15, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. scir91onYouTube

arnie made only one lovechild. he should have mated with a variety of specimen from different continents to ensure high quality healthy offspring. marraige is a foolish tool women use to monopolize men's sperm and seed spreading potential. and arnie fell for it. fool.

June 15, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

you are an ass...

June 15, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. excitingman

shriver is looking old

June 15, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Norcalgal

First of all, you gotta know I don't like ANY of the Kennedy's...even people who have the last name frighten me....but, this is cruel. For that woman to give an interview and act as though Maria might be a woman who is more concerned about a well kempt home than her own children IS MEAN.
    Arnold is a cheater... I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog and that woman is a beast to exploit a private conversation with her son regarding his paternity...how REPUGNANT!!!!

June 15, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • R. Dabney

For anyone to not lilke the Kennedy's is a arrogant fool! Look at what they did in politics for our Country! Some bad but mostly good! Never has any other FAMILY given as much with the intent to help the people of this great land, even the Rockefeller's! I don't particularly care that much about them either, but they were more the "Royals" in the White House as opposed to the MORONS we have NOW! Give the Kennedy's a break please!

June 15, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • J. Crobuzon

Free country. I think the Bush family are excremental thugs myself, and Dubya would have peed himself if the Cuban Missile Crisis had happened to him. At least the Kennedys were men among men.

June 15, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Douglas Quaid

HAAAHA HA HA HA! You think dis is duh real Quaid?!

It IS!