Boy's reaction to being Schwarzenegger's son: 'Cool!'
Arnold Schwarzenegger and wife Maria Shriver are now separated.
June 15th, 2011

Boy's reaction to being Schwarzenegger's son: 'Cool!'

When the 13-year-old son of Arnold Schwarzenegger's former housekeeper found out the Terminator was his father, he answered with one word: "Cool!"

That's what the housekeeper, Mildred Baena, tells HELLO! magazine, in what the British publication says will be her first and only interview on the subject.

The housekeeper told the magazine she didn't realize at first that the boy, Joseph, was Schwarzenegger's son.

“It was as Joseph grew and I started to see the resemblance that I wondered – but It became more apparent as time went on,” HELLO! quotes Baena as saying.“I knew Arnold was the father, and maybe as Joseph got older and began to look like him, he (Arnold) wondered. But he never said anything to me.”

Baena also said Schwarzenegger's wife, Maria Shriver, had her suspicions.

“She would say things like, 'I’m here if you need to talk.' I sensed something was up," Baena is quoted as saying. “Finally, she asked point blank.”

Upon learning the truth, Shriver comforted Baena, the housekeeper told HELLO!

"She cried with me. ... We held each other and I told her it wasn’t Arnie’s fault, that it takes two,” Baena is quoted as saying.

Post by:
Filed under: Arnold Schwarzenegger • Showbiz
  1. denise

Poor Kid and Poor Maria and her kids.... No win situation and makes me sick all around. Arnold is a PIG!

June 15, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

Better him than me today. Oink.

June 15, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. NotChickenSalad

She claims she and Arnold never spoke about it, and yet Arnold stated that he had been providing support for the child all along.....Clearly she is as much of a liar as Arnold.

June 15, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

He was way overpaying the maid, if you call that 'support.' I'll send you a tweet that explains it.

June 15, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Angela

No it was not Arnold and her husband, her husband always knew he wasn't the father because he was not in the country when the child was conceived. So either she is lying about not knowing Arnold was the father OR u was sleeping around.

June 15, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. hih

i bet cool...the trust fund is going to be cool too

June 15, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. gracie

I pick things up and put them down

June 15, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • lisa

very funny, grace.

June 15, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Todd

Say goodnight, Gracie.

June 15, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. teremist

The poor kid has no idea what this is going to do to him, his life, and his future. Being the product of an adulterous relationship, has its drawbacks even in today's world. Let us hope there is someone in his life with more compassion and intelligence than his biological parents. He will need someone to guide him.

June 15, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just saying

Oh please half, if not all, of your Hollywood stars are "the product of an adulterous relationship"

June 15, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • KYJ

Whatever, teremist. I know of two kids that are probably mine out there from (as you put it) "adulterous" relationships and I am confident that they will be fine. One is a girl and althought she looks a lot like me, the husband of the woman is clueless to it and as far as he is concerned she is his kid - and in reality, she is. He has raised her so far (3yrs old) so for all intents and purposes he is the father - maybe not by blood but by love. Go ahead, hate on me and tell me I am a horrible person but I honestly don't care. These kids will be loved just as much as I love my 2 kids with my wife.

June 15, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Farris

I notice at the top of this page the CNN video clip that shows a picture of Maria Shriver with a quote from Mildred Baena apparently to HELLO magazine that, "I sensed something was up. I have so much love and respect for Maria." Question, does this make sense considering what she undertook with Maria's husband?

June 15, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Up

She should have sensed something was up. It was Arnie's....

June 15, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stoopid Iz Az Stoopid Duz

That's what I thought too. How can you have ANY love and respect for someone and sleep with their husband? Answer: You can't!!!

June 15, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • KYJ

@Stoopid Iz Az Stoopid Duz – Wrong. I respected and love a good friend of mine like a brother, but I have slept with his wife so many times. In fact, his son is probably mine (luckily looks a lot like the mother but when I look at baby pics of me, I get squimish as I see him...). Am I a horrible person? Go ahead and say so, it won't bother me at all as I know that I am not - I would give the shirt off my back to him and his family. I have stopped sleeping with her regularly (not because of remorse or anything) and who knows maybe one day he will find out but does that make me wish that I never did what I did and I will always love him like a brother.

June 15, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Anthony Weiner

This is the most important story EVER.

June 15, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. lisakenn

I am really hoping that someone has had the foresight to have a DNA test done. Just sayin............

June 15, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jeremy

When Arnolds' wife said she wants a divorce, did Arnold say "I'll be back "

June 15, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Brian+

June 15, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Brian+

If you worked as a housekeeper and inhaled chemicals all day, you would look like that too!!!!!! I am sure she looked like Salma Hayek 13 years ago.

June 15, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

Great post! I'm sending you a tweet right now.

June 15, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  13. geoz

If that passes for love and respect, the Congressman Weiner has a lot of love and respect to share.

June 15, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony Weiner

Thank you. We must remember to have some respect and try to leave the poor guy some of his dignity. I'd give him some of mine but I seem to have lost it.

June 15, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Skeletor

I can't believe Arnold cheated on me!

June 15, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • KYJ

HA ha ha!! I get the comment and honestly was horrified when I saw the most recent pic of her. Man, has she lost her looks!! I thought for a second that she was sick or something.

June 15, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |