Gabrielle Giffords arrives in Tucson for weekend visit to hometown
June 17th, 2011

Gabrielle Giffords arrives in Tucson for weekend visit to hometown

U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords touched down in her hometown of Tucson, Arizona, on Friday to see her family for the weekend, according to her congressional office.

"Gabrielle and Mark are looking forward to a beautiful weekend," her office posted on Twitter.

Giffords was released from TIRR Memorial Hermann in Texas this week to begin outpatient rehabilitation, and the visit is her first to Arizona since January, her office said in a statement.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Arizona • Gabrielle Giffords
  1. Anonymous

I'm glad she is all better and is able to leave the hospital. What I'm curious about is does she still think the right wing conspiracy was out to target her or has anyone bothered to tell her that it was just a crazy guy who didn't seem to have any political leanings that shot her and the others? Does she still point and blame the right wing members of society for the shooting? I hope someone clears this matter up with her, after the rapid and vicious lies spread by MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, ABC, etc.

June 17, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ...

With that much brain damage, I doubt she thinks about much at all anymore.

June 17, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • bill

Please find me the quote where she has blamed anyone.

You are a loon. A ranting loon

June 18, 2011 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
    • bill

Show me where CNN has said it was a right wing conspiracy.

This guy is mentally ill

But, you are a loon. Listen to youself. You are nuts

June 18, 2011 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  2. funky bunch

I doubt she cares.

June 17, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Jazzzzzzzz

I think you mean, "... I doubt she thinks much at all anymore." Leave out the word "about". Understand? It seems our schools are failing too many people.

June 17, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ Troll of Jazzzzzzzz:
    I agree with you that removing "about" tightens the sentence, but it may squeeze too much fat out of the style. Don't make them want to stop reading.
    What did Jazzzzzzzz ever do to you? Did she steal your trick?
    It's always nice to see you.
    Cheers,
    JIF

June 18, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. citizen

Look around you. There is need everywhere. Get out and help your neighbors.
    Hopefully she does have a great weekend and a good quality of life. This is a person who, from all reports, searved her country, and continues to serve her country for all the right reasons.

June 18, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

All this have I done, and more.
    Even this morning.

June 18, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Inagadadavida

Good morning, JIF.

@anonymous:

Way to take the wind out of the sails in what is a heart-warming story.
    Did the Portland Urinator get to your Cheerios this morning?

June 18, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Jazzzzzzzz

Hi Joey. Thank you for noticing. I sometimes want to get a troll and ring it by its neck. What's new with you?

June 18, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Cesar

We all do that's for sure.

June 18, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply