Gotta Watch: Airline antics
A man boards an airplane wearing women’s underwear and a small sweater.
June 23rd, 2011

Gotta Watch: Airline antics

Airline travel isn't what it used to be. Besides pat-downs, ash clouds and pilot rants, you now may have to face passengers in revealing bikinis. Or maybe you'll find a superstar rapper onboard who feel the need to steal the mic. And there's always those interesting safety videos. You've gotta watch these airline antics.

He wore what? – We'll keep it brief. It's a bold fashion statement. A man wears women's underwear and a small sweater on a U.S. Airway flight. At the very least, you can say he was thoughtful enough to color coordinate.

Kanye's surprise concert - Excuse me. I'm sorry to interrupt you right now, but Kanye West may be the greatest flight attendant of all time. Well, not really, but the hit-maker did commandeer an in-flight PA system to rap one of his top 40 hits. It's all classic Kanye.

I'm to sexy for this flight – One college coed's mini skirt was too skimpy for Southwest Airlines. The carrier escorted her off the plane because of her figure-flaunting attire.

Safety first – It's probably the most memorable in-flight safety video ever. A wagging finger helped a Delta airlines flight attendant achieve video viral status.

1. OMGnuts

The guy has an outfit that clearly should have been covered up if they threw the young guy off for baggy pants showing his male boxers. The world gets stranger each day...

June 23, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

FYI:
    I am probably the least racist person I've ever met.
    African-Americans laughed at me because I didn't understand that the point of a TV ad for a bank was that one of the actors was not white.
    I'm pretty much color blind.
    If you want me to like an African-American's music, try Martina or Grace.

June 23, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. fernace

Just going on record saying I'm white, but I love my black friends, & boyfriends! I love all peoples of the world, & am an equal opportunity dater! The dude with the baggy pants didnt just get kicked off, they called the laws on him, & I couldn't help but think it was some racist bull meadow-muffins! Here in the Big State of Texas the Lege is trying to get an anti-groping bill passed, but the federal gov't said they would ground flights from Tx. if the bill passed. It "threatens natonal security"! I want to know how groping our privates helps protect national security!!

June 23, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I don't mind their putting their hands anywhere on me as long as they don't squeeze and hurt me.
    That is where I'd hide a gun or explosives if I knew that security people were prudes and "respectful," assuming that I wanted to terrorize Americans.
    As long as I get to the next airport in one piece, I don't care if they want color pictures of it. It costs me no energy at all.
    Enjoy.

June 23, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ben

@trish: Everyone knows you're a scam artist so give it up already. @rainingmen: No you don't have a right to be as loud and obnoxious as you want on a plane.

June 23, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. stewie

@Joey: Yes indeed, rap isn't music even when they call it hip-hop.

June 23, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ben

It should be a law that all flight attendants be 19-30 and wear tiny outfits, if you have to pay so much for a plane ticket you should get something for your money. It should also be a law for casino's to do the same thing with their floor staff and after you lose so much you should get free lap dances.

June 23, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

19-25.
    I must be a lot older than you.

June 23, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cesar The Chorizo Champ Of Chihuahua

That looks like my dad in a speedo.

June 23, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. carly

On a more serious note if airlines continue to run their business as they did in the last couple of weeks they will be lucky to be around next year. The airline industry needs to learn how to run a service based business. Drive the passengers away and you have no business. I just read that the airline industry ranked worst of all industries. Beyond the endless fees, in the last week we heard that airlines did not do proper drug testing, kicked people off for cloth they wore and for being disabled, did not check that employees are legal aliens and tortured us with system crashes. I found a great site to your travel adventures at airlineslodgingetc.com

June 24, 2011 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  11. Moe of Tennessee

Why do you hate your mother?

June 23, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  12. Joey Effoff

Haha. You're a POS.

June 23, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  13. Hardtalk

Ban the mofo.

June 23, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Keith

So you dislike Black people, what hypocrisy the son of your so-called god is BLACK.
    I keep hoping that somebody among the god squad will finally wake up and use the intelligence that Mother Nature has evolved for them.

June 23, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Clay

If you mean Jesus, as the son of your so-called god, then you are sadly mistaken. Jesus was an Israelite, and thus was of Middle Eastern decent. That makes him Caucasian. The term Caucasian pertains to Europeans, Central and Southern Asians, and Northern Africans. Use that intelligence sir.

June 23, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |