June 26th, 2011

6 bodies found in French Alps

The bodies of six climbers were found Sunday in the French Alps, authorities said.

After a hiker spotted the bodies, they were brought by helicopter to the nearby village of Villar d'Arene, local police said, according to a report on French state radio.

Authorities believe the mountaineers died Saturday morning, said the village mayor Xavier Cret.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: France
  1. Philip

Hiking in the wilderness is safer than crossing most city streets. Spending time in wilderness area requires a lot of thoughtful preparation, while crossing the street requires you to look both ways. In either case, it you don't plan properly, you could die. And then there's always the unforseeable, where nothing you could of done could save you. I'd say that this is the case with these 6.

June 26, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cesspool

Jump in, jay, ya little psuedo-intelligent twerp!

June 26, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. leeintulsa

I can't see where it says it was likely unforseeable. Dumb azz has killed as many as acts of nature, i bet..

June 26, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Weekend at Bernies

"friends"... .

June 26, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ajd041

It was a risk but I do feel bad for them and you people who don't are horrible they didn't commit any crimes or anything so why not feel remorse?

June 27, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. katiuska

@jill, @jay, @ajd041: I agree most of the comments in THIS STORY ALONE are moronic and unfunny. It's pathetic to mock the the deaths of these people and hide the obvious inability to empathize behind the guise of "humour." Sad commentary on the current state of humanity. It just goes to show my theory that most people don't just act ignorant, it's the real thing.

June 27, 2011 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  7. jay

@cesspool: Yes I know who you are so you may as well use your real name. What I don't understand though is that just because I'm willing to read and challenge what I believe instead of holding onto the what some professor taught makes you feel so threatened, open your mind to different ideas, you just may learn something you didn't know.

June 27, 2011 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
  8. RagingSemi

@jay: I half expected that to turn into Good Will Hunting. Way to use your worldly, free, infinite knowledge on being original.

June 27, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  9. RagingSemi

@katiuska: What i find sad is people that dont know that being unfeeling and making light of something dont have to go hand in hand. Maybe you and your high horse should go somewhere esle. The internet is a mighty big place. Im sure you can find a comment box completely devoid of personality and fun somewhere.

June 27, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  10. RagingSemi

Oops. Thats an else.

June 27, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  11. katiuska

@ragingsemi, you're just not funny. Nice try passing off your idiocy as me being on a high horse. To tell you the truth, I don't even find your insensitivity to be that bad. It's more so that fact that you're corny on top of it.

June 27, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. RagingSemi

@katiuska: I mask my corny, idiotic comments with nothing. They are just that. Its not my fault you cant appreciate a little juvenile humor. Instead of trying to cover up the holes in your boring life with bitter, angry, and pretty lame attempts at social commentary to make yourself feel above others, you could relax and enjoy some silliness. Immaturity is the key to longevity. Smile!

June 27, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. katiuska

@ragingsemi, aww what happened to your light "humour"? Getting a bit nasty, eh? Relaxing is good advice, try taking it yourself. Just because I find your comments in this thread to be both unfunny and distasteful doesn't really warrant a personal attack on what you presume to be my whole life, lol. Actually, ok, now you've made me chuckle a bit - but since it wasn't intentional, it doesn't count. Still not funny. By the way, I was agreeing with the sentiments of the other posters regarding the general commentary I've read in these blogs, not to single you out and certainly not to argue back and forth only proving how stupid and pointless these comment sections really are to read.

June 27, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. RagingSemi

I singled you out. For this. So we could be ignorant together if you bit. And you did. Thanks for filling my bored time. Want to keep going?

June 27, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |