June 26th, 2011

Cheering new marriage law during New York pride parade

Forty-two years after a police raid sparked rioting and perhaps the birth of the American gay rights movement, New Yorkers geared up for the city's annual pride parade Sunday in what many expect to be a celebration of same-sex couples' newly-acquired right to wed.

The parade is expected to meander along Manhattan's Fifth Avenue and pass the famous Stonewall Inn in Greenwich Village where the rioting took place in 1969. The parade was set to begin at noon ET.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed a bill Friday that made New York the sixth state to legalize same-sex marriage. The new law more than doubles the number of Americans living in states that permit such unions.

The measure will take effect 30 days after it was signed, providing same-sex couples with new rights that include employer health benefits, inheritance laws and a host of new tax benefits.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: New York • Same-sex marriage
  1. banasy

@gung hoe:

I am *not* 'Punctuation', but I do all my blogging on a Blackberry phone.
    What kind of phone do you have? I seem to have no problem with using periods...perhaps I can help.
    Just a thought.
    And 'banasy' is my real screen name, just as I assume 'gung hoe' is yours.

June 26, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Daria Olsen

Congrats everyone human rights for all!

This movie is gonna be so funny can't wait till it comes out my brother worked on it as a PA

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b6duY1WWC0&w=640&h=390]

June 26, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Iamrightyouarewrong

Woo hoo nobody cares that your brother worked on it. My brother works at a school as a janitor did he he work at movie to.

June 26, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. gung hoe

Hey banasy thanks for the response Ive got a sanyo piece of crap that im new on the contract and to change would cost me more than what i want to pay for a blackberry My son and i was just talking because im tired of when i want to type a s i have to punch the key 4 times or a n 2 times and so on but thanx for your offer of help

June 27, 2011 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ banasy:
    Ah, but then the car wouldn't be a secret love anymore.

June 27, 2011 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ fernace:
    Hai detto "mai piu'?"
    They don't allow that here.

June 27, 2011 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ gung hoe and banasy:
    I blog on a Blackberry, and I punctuate.
    banasy is virtuosic with secret technical trick-fingerings, but one can write well on little-bitty buttons.

June 27, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. gung hoe

Hey jif hows the peanuts doing maybe if you would read my blog to banasy you would be able to think past them peanuts lol actually i do pretty good with the crap i have

June 27, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ gung hoe:
    I understand: read your posts to banasy.
    U hav a gt stage name: I posted that the first time I saw it.
    My Sprint Blackberry is affordable on my plan. I'm due for a new one. I lusted for one when they first came out, then got one. Check out Sprint.
    This contact keeps me sane (as possible).
    BTW, I understand you without punctuation!

June 27, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy

@gung ho:
    Ah, you have a phone that doesn't have a qwirty keyboard...you have one that you have to press the numbers to get the letters.
    I get it now, and I feel your frustration!
    This is my first phone that has a keyboard, and if I didn't, you'd never see me on here; I never texted anyone either!
    Now I can't live without it.
    I feel for you!

Bite me, @Punctuation!!!

@JIF:
    Shhhhhh! Secret stuff going on now....

June 27, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. gung hoe

Banasy and jif thank you for your responses We may not always agree with each other but that doesnt mean that i dont respect you two as decent human beings unlike puntuation i mean what kind of sreen name is that anyways other than dumb and balless

June 27, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. gung hoe

And ya banasy this is quite interesting posting like this I used to make fun of my son for always being online now look at me oh well gotta do something to stay out of trouble unlike blago hes goin to the big house

June 27, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Josh

The worst thing about all that we are seeing in the world is…it’s not enough! That is to make people see what the bible says is true. Nobody can with definity tell me another time in history that compares with this time; earthquakes, natural disaters, floods, tornadoes, fires, wars, diseases, perversions…I could go on! Gay Marraige…what took so long? Bible talks about when they will call evil-good & good-evil. This is not a blog that would hit the news but to whomever it does I hope it open your eyes. You want answers? I know the answer! Like the bible says those earthquakes you saw…ha! Just the beginning… “God if only one person reads this blog let them be curious enough to ask some questions. But after all the questions, I pray they ask the question what must I do to be saved? Answer: 1.confess with your mouth the lord Jesus(ask him to be your lord &savior) 2. Believe in your heart that God raise him from the dead. That simple! Simply he died so that we might have life! IM JUST KEEPIN IT HONEST!

June 27, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  13. kk

SHAME ON THE STATE OF NEW YORK AND ALL OF THE OTHER STATES FOR PASSING A TERRIBLE. THANKS FOR HELPING TO LOWER OUR MORAL STANDARDS IN THE UNITED STATES.

June 28, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |