Blagojevich guilty on 17 counts
Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was convicted Monday on 17 of the 20 public corruption charges against him.
June 27th, 2011

Blagojevich guilty on 17 counts

A jury in the corruption case against Rod Blagojevich found the former governor of Illinois guilty of 17 of the 20 counts against him.

The 54-year-old former politician was found guilty on 10 charges related to wire fraud, and other charges of extortion, extortion conspiracy, solicitation of a bribe, and  conspiracy to solicit a bribe.

Thirteen of the charges each carry a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison.

The charges against Blagojevich included trying to peddle the U.S. Senate seat held by Barack Obama before he resigned to become president. Blagojevich has denied any intention of bribery.

Read the complete story on CNN.com
Post by:
Filed under: Courts • Crime • Illinois • Justice • Politics • Rod Blagojevich • Rod Blagojevich • U.S.
  1. RUFFNUTT

that stinks... i thought they should have promoted him

June 27, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. RUFFNUTT'S SUPER HOT GIRLFRIEND

BUT he got caught so he wasnt good enuff to stay in office...

June 27, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. 82 CAMAROS RULE

if i went to prison like he is i would never never ever wipe...

June 27, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. I MISS MY 1975 HURST OLDS

or never take a shower, EVER!

June 27, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. SOME TIMES I FELL LIKE HITTING MY HEAD

i would go to the dentist before reporting to prison and have my teeth sharpened into points...

June 27, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. JAY JANOICH'S EXPLODING HEAD

@RUFFNUTT

i know you broke into my house and put that pizzahut coupon on the floor..

btw, he should have ran away to mexico.

June 27, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

no i didn't... and i didn't mentally slap you with my psycic powers.

June 27, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. RuffNutt's Camero

A dog peed on my tire. Then an 18 wheeler ran into me and I caught fire. I'm smashed toast.

June 27, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ed Peterson

numerology for Rod Blagojevich (verdicts on 18 of 20 public-corruption-related counts):

June 27, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mick

Good bye Rod Blagojevich.

Another democratic crook going to prison. Your only hope is getting Obama to pardon you.

MICK
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    WOLF CREEK MONTANA

June 27, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RUFFNUTT

I just wonder if anybody here remembers the trial of the Du Page 7 back in 1999 where 3 prosecutors along with 4 members of the Du Page County Sheriffs Dept. got off scott free in spite of their guilt. They were guilty of malicious prosecution because they knew beforehand that the two men they were prosecting were innocent.

June 27, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lyndsie Graham

Yes RUFFNUTT, I well remember those trials and the outcomes all made me sick. The way those creeps got away with what they did is absolutely appalling. It proves that if one has a lot of money, they can buy their way out of almost anything. That's life in America for you!!!

June 27, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Chicago is Chicago.
    When in Rome...

June 27, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. pedro'

Benos dias muchachos. Mi nombre er Pedro. Y tu? Tacos y burritos es muy bueno.

June 27, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Is it "Benos?"

June 27, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jeff Frank ( R-Ohio )

Rod Blagojovich – "Why do waste our time like this?"
    Even if it was "legal" to "bid" on the former Senators' seat, I wouldn't give you "one thin dime" for it.
    Is it any wonder I-94 and I-294 will be under construction for the next 200 years.
    I'm rather surprised you haven't jumped off the Willis Tower yet.

June 27, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Blago guilty!
    That'll wipe that smug ass look of his face!

@Jeff Frank:

I80/94 and I294 will be under construction for the rest of our lives, not because of bad politicos like Blago, but there are exponentially more cars and trucks using them than ever before, messing up the fractured infrastructure.

June 27, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff Frank ( R-Ohio )

I went home a few years ago and took I-294 around to go back up north. It cost me an hour and a half and about $9.00 in toll road change.
      Now if I go home (nothing much to go back too), I'll take the Calumet, Eisenhower, and the Edens expressway and not pay a dime. And just go at an odd ball time of day (like 3a.m.), to dodge traffic.

June 27, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |