June 27th, 2011

Thousands flee as wildfire nears Los Alamos lab

A raging wildfire near the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico has prompted the evacuation of more than 10,000 residents as firefighters battle hot temperatures and high winds, authorities said Monday.

Los Alamos, a center of American nuclear science, is one of the nation's top national-security research facilities.

The fire near the lab has raised concerns about whether hazardous materials kept there are being adequately guarded. Authorities say they are.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Fire • New Mexico • Nuclear
  1. Cesar

I am Cesar. The world is a wild fire, and I am its flame.

June 27, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. fernace

Quit being a firestarter, Cesar!

June 27, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Cesar The Chorizo Champ Of Chihuahua

Los Alamos is where they keep flying saucers. I hope the aliens are okay.

June 27, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Josh

The worst thing about all that we are seeing in the world is…it’s not enough! That is to make people see what the bible says is true. Nobody can with definity tell me another time in history that compares with this time; earthquakes, natural disaters, floods, tornadoes, fires, wars, diseases, perversions…I could go on! Gay Marraige…what took so long? Bible talks about when they will call evil-good & good-evil. This is not a blog that would hit the news but to whomever it does I hope it open your eyes. You want answers? I know the answer! Like the bible says those earthquakes you saw…ha! Just the beginning… “God if only one person reads this blog let them be curious enough to ask some questions. But after all the questions, I pray they ask the question what must I do to be saved? Answer: 1.confess with your mouth the lord Jesus(ask him to be your lord &savior) 2. Believe in your heart that God raise him from the dead. That simple! Simply he died so that we might have life! IM JUST KEEPIN IT HONEST!

June 27, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bren

@Josh Our history on these natural disasters is ridiculously short if you look at when records began for these things. Most records dont go back more than 100+ years, and the Earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old depending on who you ask. (Although you probably believe it was created 6000 years ago judging by your ramblings).
      There's a lot of bad stuff going on around the world right now, but it's not doubt happened millions of times like this before, it has nothing to do with God.
      I am an Atheist, and I often wondered about something relating to your comment about having to be 'saved' by confessing, maybe you can enlighten me with an answer:
      If in order to be saved and welcomed into the afterlife I must accept the existence of God, then why did God create me with a scientific mind, and why now does he penalize my 'God given' scientific minds' inability to accept the supernatural?
      My thoughts and the way in which my mind work are all down to chemical reactions/electrical responses that occur in the way they do for me because of how I was made, now why would I be condemned by the very God that supposedly made me this way. And isn't he supposed to love us all?
      Bren

June 28, 2011 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. RagingSemi

The End is Nigh! Everbody dress spiffy for J.C.! And you, on the computer, stop touching yourself, he knows, sinner!

June 27, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jj

my pee pee hurts! no touchy!

June 27, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ Bren:
    You are kind and patient, in addition to being correct.

June 28, 2011 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Bren

Thanks Joey haha..

June 28, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ Josh:
    You are a fool.

June 28, 2011 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
    • timetotalk1

You are the fool but you don't know it yet!

June 28, 2011 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I guess I'll find that out at the Final Judgment, huh.

June 28, 2011 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |