Cop tracks down presidential limo's seal
Magnetism is the only thing that keeps the presidential seal on the president's limousine.
July 2nd, 2011

Cop tracks down presidential limo's seal

The round, gold-trimmed presidential seal is an impressive symbol affixed to the door of the limousine known as "The Beast."

It appears to be a permanent part of the limo. But in reality, it's a magnetic seal that comes on and off, vulnerable to wind and elements just like anything we'd put on our own cars.

And Thursday night, the seal came off during President Obama's motorcade to the airport after his fundraising visit to Philadelphia, ending up alongside Interstate 76.

Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan said agents and Philadelphia police returned to the area off the freeway that night and looked for it, but were unable to find it in the dark.

But the next day, a Philadelphia police officer found it on the side of the road. The Philadelphia Daily News reports the officer had been part of the motorcade the night before and was helping a disabled car when he spotted it.

It was brought to the Secret Service field office and is being returned to Washington.

"It happens periodically," Donovan said. "They're only magnetic. They're not put on any special way."

Post by:
Filed under: Barack Obama • Pennsylvania • Politics
  1. Marion

That's why a proper lady wears gloves, Ahkmed.

July 2, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Ahkmed

If that case it be, Ahkmed would not allowed to be use legs. Would have walk on hands now all day! Suicide vest slip down! ha ha ha ha. No wonder Ahkmed official Al-Quida stand-up.

July 2, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

There's no freaking way any lady carries "gloves" around. Plus I've seen what the Mall's "Ladies" room looks like. Men don't alway's wash their hands, but holey crap! you gals trash the entire bathroom! What? Is that like a restroom version of letting your hair down? What IS that.

July 2, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Marion

Not to mention the danger of peeing in one's own mouth.
    But don't worry; it's sterile.

Is this thing on?

July 2, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy

Um....should I even ask what you were doing in a Women's bathroom, Philip?

July 2, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

We know who Ahkmed is, don't we?
    I do, buy I won't repeat it.
    I don't know who my troll was, but I like the busts.
    May I have more than three, the next time uou make fun of me?
    Your mind is a little like Goethe...Mignon, with the marble statues.
    Ja. Very good.

July 2, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy

If you really want to know, the "Gents" bathroom is just as bad...note to all of you "Men" out there...the blue gel toilet freshener is *not* a target.

People do funny things when *they* don't have to clean up after themselves.
    And, it's both genders, I'll admit.

July 2, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy

Well, then, JIF, you *must* know who Marion is.
    And no, her last name isn't Ross.

July 2, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ JIF LITE of 6:44 PM:
    You know me better than you may think, but the lobster run-in is super-wrong.
    Where you are super-right:
    Every important performing artist in the world at least partially cries himself to sleep every night. That's why he has to make art.
    If he doesn't do that, there's no reason at all to go to his performances.

July 2, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I have to perform tomorrow. I wasn't supposed to, but now I have to.
    Good night.

July 2, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

I'm Achkmed... Gonna go hunt me some wolves now.

July 2, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Philip

I get TP'd by the Carlyle group and Reich wing thugs..

July 2, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dwight Dudley Diddle

Actually the beast is in my pants no thanks to your attempts at emasculating me. :)

July 2, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

I've been "Ahkmed the Terror Guy" since windows '98, the year Usama bin Laden made the FBI's "10" list. (that's how everyone spelled his name back then, with a U) And who gives a ratz azz anyway! Alway's yacking about WHO said what RATHER than what was said. he he...now I'm showing my age. (sigh) beg pardon

July 2, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

@my shadow...don't forget that we're also Velvety Jones. And Prominant Jew. he he...he's actually pretty cool. heck...I've got charachters up the wahzoo. LMAO! i just remebered my Sherrif Bob911 guy! Man I wish I could mind-meld him to you all. he he. That was right after 9/11 and Sherrif Bob was running around town(set in 'Gunsmoke" Dodge City) nailing up Wanted:DEAD posters. (no alive) That was 10 years ago. And look how it turned out. Crown me. he he

July 2, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Duh

@Philip: Is any one of your characters a crooked warden that locks up innocent men, while engaging in sodomy, yet calling sodomy a sin?

July 3, 2011 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |