Thad McCotter joins presidential race
July 2nd, 2011

Thad McCotter joins presidential race

Vowing to "restructure the government," Congressman Thad McCotter formally announced his candidacy for president at a festival in his home state of Michigan Saturday.

McCotter is the tenth Republican and third member of the U.S. House of Representatives to enter the race.

McCotter is considered a long-shot candidate by party insiders. But he is laying the groundwork for a campaign in Iowa. Last month McCotter anonymously purchased a prime location for the upcoming the Ames Straw Poll in August.

Fond of quoting rock bands in his political commentary, McCotter described last spring's near government shutdown as a "Communication Breakdown" between the parties in a reference to the Led Zeppelin classic.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Elections • Politics • Republican Party
  1. RUFFNUTT

Another right-wing fanatic wanting to better serve the MIC(military-industrial-complex) in Washington. With people like these, this country will only lose!!!

July 3, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. banasy

*Facepalm*
    Dear Lord, stop.
    For the love of God, stop!

July 3, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. banasy

Have a good one yourself,
    Scottish Mama!

July 3, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Hey everybody. Happy 4th.
    I know everybody doesn't like my kind of music: if they did, I could have (and run) my dream car. Someday...
    Jazzzzzzz, don't think Obama is so locked in. Be careful till it's over.
    Remember chads?

July 3, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ banasy:
    For some reason, I thought you lived in Seattle.
    Are you in Montana? Near Billings–is that what I read? I've been to lots of cities (towns) in that state. It's beautiful, of course.

July 3, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Bubbles

@ Joey... That comment from 'Jazz' was me, I changed my name last night cause I thought Bubbles was a bit much for a user name. I then saw that someone else has that name and switched back to bubbles.

Obama is locked in and you'll see, but please explain your position and why. I would like to hear the reasoning and who else out there would be a viable canadate

July 3, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. banasy

@JIF:

I live in the Chicago area.
    I have no *idea* where yoy would have got that....

July 3, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Wolverine

Great post Scottish Mama. Saw them in concert 3 times. Oops my age is showing.

July 3, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. john the baptist

It depends on what happens with the economy whether Obama is locked in or not, of course it also depends some on who the Republican nominee turns out to be anyone other than Romney or Huntsman will most likely guarantee Obama a victory.

July 3, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. gung hoe

Hey banasy someone i think it was jazzzz that said you lived in montana this morning prbably a trowl

July 3, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. gung hoe

Hey banasy someone i think it was jazzzz that said you lived in montana this morning probably a troll

July 3, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. banasy

I saw that. It was one of the trolls trying to pose as me.
    Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery notwithstanding, I wish it would stop.

July 4, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. gung hoe

Yep i can understand That hope you people are getting this summer weather in chi town also

July 4, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply