As New Mexico fire continues, residents allowed back
July 3rd, 2011

As New Mexico fire continues, residents allowed back

Residents of northern New Mexico got a reprieve Sunday from a wildfire that has burned more than 120,000 acres when authorities announced that evacuees could return home.

The move came after relatively favorable weather conditions - including fairly high humidity and weak winds - in recent days, said Brad Pitassi, an Incident Management Team spokesman for the Southwest.

He stressed that the fire remains "very active," noting it was only 11% contained by Sunday afternoon.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Fire • New Mexico
  1. Cesar

They need more weak winds and lots of rain. Good luck to those folks. Hope they don't lose their homes. Sad if any animals die.

July 3, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

New Mexico is extremely beautiful.
    The first time I was on a plane landing there, at age 24, I looked out the window and felt that I was going to another planet.
    I've spent two summers there, and been there many times for "day trips" (work).
    That state is a special memory for me.

July 3, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. banasy

I really hope the damage to the state and its residents is contained soon.
    This is sad.

July 3, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. sandyk

Noy quite sure why I am here my wife is sandyk,she was attacked last night....she talked about how she enjoyed this blog I guess I just dont know what to do and the waiting is the worst

July 3, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I'm so sorry to hear that.
    sandyk is a kind, strong, and altogether wonderful person.
    Please keep us informed.
    Tell her JOEY said hello!

July 3, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. sandyk

Thank you she sure is everything to me. I guess you dont realize things. i am a cop and not being able to do anything but wait is harder than a shift on the job. when she wakes I will tell her thanks

July 3, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I remember that your wife loves music. She may remember me if you tell her I'm a musician.
    Try not to worry. I've sat in hospitals, and it's hard.
    I have a feeling that sandyk is going to be just fine: she is STRONG.

July 3, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Take care of YOURSELF, too: you can't help her unless you stay well. Eat, and drink liquids. I sometimes neglect to do that when a family member is sick.

July 3, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. sandyk

Thanks man. she does love music I remember thinking if I have to hear Anita Baker one more time. then I suprised her and took her to see her in concert in DC. The look on my wife`s face was worth ever note i heard. we just got back from Africa two weeks on mission trip, i was never so proud of her. our son and daughter justgo here. thanks for everything. I will try to get back in the next couple of days

July 3, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Wolverine

Deep condolences to you sandyk. Take care and thru time heal your wounds. You have a wonderful family and with their love you will heal.

July 3, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Ima phucen Troll.com

What the fuk is a troll to do these days ? Cnn is gettin boring ! I need to find a litte fuker to troll !!

July 4, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. banasy

@sandyk's Husband:

On behalf of Jazzzzz and I, please accept our good wishes and our prayers for Sandy's recovery.
    She is special to us.

Please, Sandy, please get better!

Love, Donna and Mary

July 4, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. sandyk

I am OVERJOYED (thank you Stevie Wonder) She is showing signs of coming back to us. I am also so grateful for your well wishes didnt expect that. many thanks from our children and myself.

July 4, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. chrissy

sandyk u and ur wife are in my prayers. and i too know what ur feeling and its probably the hardest thing in life to go threw. take some anita baker cds in and play them 4 her it may help. and keep the faith. shes a gr8 person god will take care of her

July 4, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I knew that sandyk would come through this.
    She is Strong, and she has a lot of love to wake up to.

July 4, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse | Reply