Iran vows to prosecute in absentia Donald Rumsfeld, others, Iranian lawmaker says
July 3rd, 2011

Iran says it plans to prosecute 26 current and former American officials, an Iranian lawmaker said Sunday, potentially escalating a tit-for-tat dispute between the two countries.

"The American officials will be tried in Iranian courts in abstentia before they are referred to the relevant international tribunals" if Iran's parliament approves the plan, Tehran member of parliament Esmaeel Kowsari said, according to Mashregh News.

He did not name them, but Iran's government-backed Press TV said in May that parliament planned sanctions on Americans including former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and the current and former commanders of the Guantanamo Bay detention center.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Iran • U.S.
  1. Wolverine

And by the 422 comment directed to you banasy that one doesn't feel like nutt today.

July 3, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Wolverine

A nutt today.

July 3, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy

@Wolverine:
    Mea Culpa.
    Trolls abound today. the silly RUFFNUTT is the original.
    (No offense, Ruffie.)

Thank goodness you said "over" and not "on"; that would have changed your meaning drastically.

July 3, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy

^^^
    Fake RUFFNUTT.

July 3, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Wolverine

The funny part was that the troll couldn't "push your buttons" instead you "pushed" his.

July 3, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Wolverine

To 422 ruffnutt:
    *facepalm*

July 3, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jazzzzz

Anybody but obama in 2012 CAPITALISM 4 EVER SISTAS

July 3, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Is that really the Jazzzzzz I know at 9:12? It could be, but I think it's a troll.
    I voted for Obama. At first I thought I'd made a mistake, but he got into his thing and, I think, is doing what has to be done now, as things are.
    I'm a complete capitalist and, in philosophy, a Republican, but not one of the crew that has highjacked the GOP recently.
    In my whole life I've voted for only two Democratic presidents. The other one did well, too, but I lie about my age and dismiss it as 115.
    OBAMA 2012!

July 4, 2011 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
  9. Camden Reader

Turnabout is fair play.

July 4, 2011 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  10. beanbag

Oh Iran, you dont need to show off for North Korea, im sure if you just asked you two could get married tomorrow, and then you could start cranking out a bunch of crazy babies and live happily ever after.

July 4, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  11. banasy

Like RUFFNUTT has already said, Donald Rumsfeld along with all his cohorts need to be prosecuted like the very criminals they are!!! Not all the ignorant Tea Partiers with their right-wing bla-bla-bla will change that no matter how many times they blog in here!!!

July 4, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy

@JIF:
    No, it's not Jazzy. She's unable to post at this time.

And, of course, everyone knows that wasn't me posting @1:03.
    That was the Troll Brigade.

Although I am not a member of the tea party, I am not so gauche as to call an opposing viewpoint "ignorant".
    Although the troll is.

July 4, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. BJNJ

More Iran stupid talk. I guess Iran and North Korea are competing for the golden stupid award. Both are like fleas on the anus of dogs. BJNJ

July 4, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |