Iran vows to prosecute in absentia Donald Rumsfeld, others, Iranian lawmaker says
July 3rd, 2011

Iran says it plans to prosecute 26 current and former American officials, an Iranian lawmaker said Sunday, potentially escalating a tit-for-tat dispute between the two countries.

"The American officials will be tried in Iranian courts in abstentia before they are referred to the relevant international tribunals" if Iran's parliament approves the plan, Tehran member of parliament Esmaeel Kowsari said, according to Mashregh News.

He did not name them, but Iran's government-backed Press TV said in May that parliament planned sanctions on Americans including former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and the current and former commanders of the Guantanamo Bay detention center.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Iran • U.S.
  1. Jay Horn

Happy 4th of July and long live the United States and capitalism.

July 3, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • RUFFNUTT

If Capitalism is so great Jay, then why is our economy in such bad shape? And it won't recover unless we quit electing these right-wing idiots, that is, the Republicans and "blue-dog" Democrats into office. Getting back to the subject on hand, Donald Rumsfeld and his henchmen do need to be brought to justice!!!

July 3, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy

Tea Party Beach Blanket Lingo.

July 3, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. bobcat2u

Let's go back to the old Beach Boys song. Bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran, bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran. Music of Barbra Ann.

July 3, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jay Horn

No ruffnut, things will get better when we vote out all the progressives whether republican or democrat and stop all the wasteful spending.

July 3, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • RUFFNUTT

One good way to stop all this wasteful spending is to get out of these useless and unnecessary wars that we're currently engaged in. If the Russians could get out of Afghanistan, for instance, why not we???

July 3, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy

RUFFNUTT, please, answer the question I asked.
    So only the Tea Party uses foul language?
    I'm trying to engage you in a meaningful dialog.

July 3, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Dada.

July 3, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. RUFFNUTT

what meaningful dialog Banasy , you keep talking smack about everything and have no real opinion of your own. all you do is oppose the others view.

July 3, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I am a capitalist.
    There–I voted.

July 3, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Wolverine

So which nutt is nutting over banasy?

July 3, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. banasy

Okay, here's my opinion, fakey.
    For all the rhetoric spouted by you using other people's names, including mine, you have not once, *not once*, answered any questions about why you are so vehement about branding everybody, including our POTUS, a right-wing thug.
    You are a poser.
    I fully support our President.
    You support no one.
    I will support anyone who will pull us out of this, including any Republican, if they can get the job done.
    Branding everyone who disagrees with you a "tea-partier" is ridiculous.
    Obviously you have liked some of my opinions, as you have trolled me again and again.
    Poser.

July 3, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. banasy

I have done nothing to you, Wolverine.
    Please stop.

July 3, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Jazzzzzzzz

Hi banasy. So much going on, on this thread. He he. I hope that the troll saying tea party lingo and all that none sense gets his head straight.

July 3, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Cesar

GW should have destroyed the Iranian fanatics, not Hussein. Idiot George W.

July 3, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cesar

Sorry folks, I didn't that stupid statement above. Just another ignorant Tea Partier trying to be funny. In fact, Mahmoud Ahmedinejad is a very good man and this goon knows it!!!

July 3, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

Another missprint above. I meant "I didn't post that stupid statement above", not "I didn't that stuid statement above". My humble apologies!

July 3, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy

The Fake Brigade has arrived!

July 3, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Wolverine

I wasn't "attacking" you banasy, I was commenting on the different ruffnutts in the blog.

July 3, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply