Injured Giffords staffer returns to work
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is shown with her district director Ron Barber in an undated photo.
July 5th, 2011

Injured Giffords staffer returns to work

Ron Barber was standing near U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords when a gunman shot her in the head at January's meet-and-greet event in Tucson.

Six months after he suffered gunshot wounds to his cheek and left thigh, Barber, the congresswoman's district director, returned to work at Giffords' Tucson office Tuesday and was greeted by signs, applause and hugs.

"The only thing that would be better than this day for me is for the day the congresswoman walks through the door," Barber, 65, told CNN affiliate KVOA.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Arizona • Justice • Politics
  1. Jazzzzzzzz

This is a little something for a fellow blogger that was brutally attacked 2 days ago. Her name was SandyK, I know little about her but her husband who announced her passing on "Around Ameirica" blog let us all know that the world lost a little light. Dont know if he'll read this but Mr. K thanks for the beautiful way you discribed your wife. I was trying to find something that she posted which would give you a little flavor of what she was like, but couldn't so just go to that blog and his words would do more justice to who she was than anything else.
    Night SandyK

July 5, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • gillian

Did she die? Im a follower. Saw the blog and was wondering .

July 6, 2011 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. RN

Can't wait to hear Giffords speak again. God bless!

July 6, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Duh

Anyone else ever notice this galaxy we live in is like a swirling toilet going down the drain? The drain being the black hole at the center.

July 6, 2011 at 2:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jonathan Witerski

I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope the person who perpetrated this act comes to realize that what he has done is abhorrent in the eyes of the America people. Keep up the fight and keep your faith in the American people – we are with you. – Jonathan Witerski

July 6, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. banasy

I'm so happy Casey was found not guilty. I always knew this, now its time to go after George Anthony, the real murderer.

July 6, 2011 at 4:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. the dook

Why did somebody shoot at Frank GIfford ? Was it Kathy Lee ? I bet it was over doodoo. The doodie issue is a big thing. Sometimes it is just snelly.

July 6, 2011 at 6:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. DotHead Ragneesh

snelly? what is a snelly? no wonder us people from India are taking all your jobs.

July 6, 2011 at 7:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Jazzzzzzz

want to know who the H666LL Mctrollstein is NOW. You ppl don't relize you can ruin LIVES

July 6, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Jazzzzzzz

@ Gillian, I'm sorry to say yes she passed

July 6, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. HRH banasy

I will also be glad when Rep. Giffords returns to work.
    I hope she will.
    The country needs more Representatives like her.

Peace, sandyk.

Timing, banasy Lite. Thankfully, you don't know me at all.

July 6, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Mr sandyk

our children said I should come on here. thank you Jazzzzzzzz for the warm words. there is so much going on, before we left for africa we moved from our home in a metro area to a rural area, so that in 15 years or so we would have a nice place to retire. so our home is still in boxes. lots of help though. boy oh boy. thanks for all the love.

July 6, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Mr sandyk

Also if anyone knows JIF ~ Joey please tell him, although a stranger he is my brother.

July 6, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Mr sandyk

Thanks YNNAD just what I needed a little chuckle and to know she referred to me that way

July 7, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse | Reply