Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. Mary Jane W

NANCY GRACE the trial is over. A verdict has been reached (like it or not). Move on. Quit crying over what you think should have happened. It is over and the media should leave it alone. You are getting very boring. All twelve jurors decided the verdict. No hold outs.

July 7, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  2. NI

Nancy Grace wanted to be a star when she grew up and, since a star is a flaming ball of hot gas, she got her wish.

July 7, 2011 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Dice

Nancy is an ignoramus.

July 7, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Eugene Powers

+100

July 7, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
    • ljd1228

i agree 100% with nancy grace. She see our process for justice with experience and intelligence. Justice has not been served in this case. The fact is that Caylee was murdered and she deserved an intelligent analysis of the facts. The jury failed miserably in doing their job. Nancy isn't afraid of calling it like it (truthfully) is!

July 7, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  3. GloSeattle

Both Nancy Grace, the public and the jury are all asking the same question: why? Why did the jury find her not guilty? I think Nancy's right, they didn't understand the charges against her. Had they considered the "worst case of child abuse" is to allow your 2 year old to be missing for over a month before you report it. Combine that with leading the police on a wild goose chase so that she couldn't be found, and I think they'd of at least charged her with child abuse. Those facts of the case are not contested by either side.

July 7, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
    • jennrae

The child was dead fr those 31 days, and you can't abuse a dead child as they are already dead.

July 7, 2011 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Jimmy Stick

@ GloSeattle.

SHUT UP YOUR DOOOKIE FILLED MOUTH!! The jury was exactly right, Nancy Grace is a stone cold fish and you eat doo doo.

July 7, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
    • paula

@ GloSeattle: I couldn't agree with you more. And you know what the worst case of child abuse is? MURDER! Poor little Caylee will never have a chance to grow, and experience life. It was all taken away the day she was killed at the hands of her mother. There is more to this saga than meets the eye, I know, and the entire family I am sure has a hand in a blatent cover up; but the truth will never be known. Its a shame. RIP little Caylee!

July 7, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • John

I doubt the JURY is asking why the JURY found her not guilty.

Obviously she was found not guilty because there was no proof that she was guilty. You 'knowing' it, Nancy Grace 'knowing' it, and anyone else in the public making misinformed decisions based on the Media Frenzy, and NOT FACTS, doesn't make it true.

July 7, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sorry4TheLittleGirl

Nancy doesn't have to agree with the jury and I hope that she never does. Who will the be the voice for that precious little girl?? So tragic. Nancy can be brash and abrasive, but I think she gave Caylee a voice through all of this and that's more than Caylee's mom, grandparents, uncle, and *dad??* did!!

July 7, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • inadaze2

Dookile Diddle ??? YOU MUST BE THE JUMPING MONKEY FROM THE RESTAURANT

July 8, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

The only people who agree with the GRACEless one are those who do not have a thought/mind of their own. I have seen it time and time again. She preys on the elderly, on those who do not speak english well and those who are feeble minded. Basically, half of the population. Sad but true.

July 10, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

I am astounded by this fact. If Casey was really guilty of killing her child, why would she not have reached a plea deal many months before a trial that could have ended in death by lethal injection. A plea deal was offered to her. Only an innocent person would swear to the end that they were innocent. Think about it, people, be logical!

July 10, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. VCMD

It's not logical to put duct tape over the mouth of a dead 2 year old girl. Caylee was murdered. Casey made up the pool story. Defense created a doubt with a cooked up story and dumb jury did not realize that it's not enough to have a doubt, it should be reasonable doubt based on the evidence in front of them.

July 7, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
    • chillwind

It's not logical to pick your nose, but people do it anyways.

July 7, 2011 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Jimmy Stick

@ VCMD.

SHUT UP YOU DOODEE EATER!

July 7, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
    • SixDegrees

The prosecution was unable to prove that there was ever duct tape on Caylee. It made their assertion that this was how she was murdered weaker as a result.

Nancy Grace, on the other hand, never needed to bother with actual evidence to reach her conclusions.

July 7, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Please tell me...which piece of evidence is it that proves Casey is the one who killed her daughter?

July 7, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike from Calgary

If George was molesting Caylee also, he would not want the authorities to examine her body and discover his semen. He had to go the dead pet route, and if Casey wouldn't go along with the plan ....
      too bad George didn't FENCE THE POOL AND USE THE DUCT TAPE TO HOLD UP HIS PANTS!

July 8, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Demonauel

I think someone needs to kick Casey Anthony in the taco until she can't have a baby no more!

July 7, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Roger

this kid would have probably grown up to be another democrat...thanks Casey!

July 7, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  6. mark

I wouldn't be suprised if "Her Grace" didn't get sued for slander or something. The things that come out of that lady's mouth (and I use lady very loosely) seem like nothing but trash trying to hurt someone so she can make money. That is why I stopped watching her a long time ago. She and Glenn Beck should start their own channel and call is stupid and stupider or Grace and Beck for short.

July 7, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Greg

now I might watch that comedy show

July 7, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Karen Santina Montanez

Indeed.

July 8, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • inadaze2

OMG PEOPLE I WANT TO SUE CASEY ANTHONY BECause OF MY INTERNET CHARGES STOP SMILING AND WINKING TOT MOM STOP SMILING STOP SMILING AND f'n' WINKING STOP

July 8, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike from Calgary

Nancy Disgrace is an old bitter ugly mean spirited old woman who won't be happy til she villifies, batters and harangues another young woman (Melinda Duckett 2006) to death.

July 8, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

CNN will pay it. Money means nothing to this channel.

July 10, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Marvin

If I recall correctly, and I know I do, Nancy (dis)Grace convicted the members of the Duke Lacrosse Team too. When it was proven that the accuser was lying and the persecutor was rigging a conviction to further his career Nancy didn't have a damn word to say. As a matter of fact, as pointed out by Jon Stewart, she didn't even have the guts to show up for work. I pity her twins and the guy who took a dip in her acidic well!

July 7, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Reid Adair

You're exactly right. She was judge and jury for the Duke lacrosse team, she was judge and jury for Melinda Duckett (to which she paid $200,000 after being sued), and she's playing judge and jury here again.

Reading her answers about praising the prosecution is laughable; the Florida state attorney himself admitted they had limited evidence and no cause of death. Then she goes on to say that she "knows" Cindy Anthony is lying.

I hope someone decides to sue this woman again, and sue CNN too. They are crazy to be giving this woman airtime on their network.

July 7, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Dee

Yes, she did exactly that. Convicted all 3 men before any DNA proved her wrong. AND she never had the balls to apologize!

July 10, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sam

Nancy Keep up the great job that you continue to do.

July 7, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
    • LAG

this statement is insulting to all americans.

July 7, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Dee

LAG......High five!

July 10, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Doctor too

Its funny to watch Nancy rage over this, or anything really, she's a nobody, the people that watch her are nobodies, they're the same people that thing jersey shore is entertaining fact is the state did not present a good case, too many loose ends and not enough evidence to back up their claims, the CSI effect, just another media catchphrase used to generate some headlines.

You could have easily put Casey's father or even her mother in her place with regards to the amount of evidence the state brought up trying to prove that Casey did it all alone, that fact alone is what you call reasonable doubt, thankfully this jury wasn't made up of ignorant media drones like Carmen Williams who let some clown like nancy grace make up their minds for them.

July 7, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Norm

So you're a "nobody"?

July 7, 2011 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. 666

my nuts r itching
    that means NG is a carpet munching crossdressing tranny who wants to be a man and wishes she had a few inches hanging from between her legs

July 7, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
    • paula

@666 – Nancy Grace undoubtedly has more "balls" than you! And I am sure they are brass. Must suck to be so jealous because she has backbone and insn't afraid to seek and fight for the truth...

July 7, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • jon e

hahahaha. She should change her name to Nathaniel Grace

July 8, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  11. bmerritt

The reason the jurors didn't have enough evidence to feel ok with giving casey a guilty verdict is because CASEY KEPT THE EVIDENCE FROM THEM by not reported her daughter's supposed accidental death! By the time the body was discovered it was too late to retrieve the necessary evidence to convict her with certainty. How do you convict her of lying-BELIEVE SHE LIED TO POLICE- and not find her responsible for her daughter's death? The only reason for lying is to cover something up!

July 7, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Reid Adair

There's a simple answer to that. Juries have to base their decisions on actual evidence, not personal opinion and assumptions. Lying to police is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt that someone committed murder.

July 7, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  12. vic

Nancy Grace is perhaps the most obnoxious and irrational person in all of the United States of America. To think that we reward her with attention because of these particular attributes astonishes me no end!

July 7, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
    • McMountain

Yes indeed.

July 7, 2011 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  13. Sam

Some of you on here must be part of Casey's entourage

July 7, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Nancy Is A Harpy

Casey is hot

July 7, 2011 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Bryan

@Sam – and apparently each and every jury member too. Face it, the state failed in their duty. If you cannot prove murder one, don't seek murder one.

July 7, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  14. Mike

Nancy Grace, please shut up. You and your ilk are destroying this country, and eroding our judicial process.

July 7, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Dee

Agree Mike! She is a radical talking head with a huge sense of self.

July 10, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Greg

In respect to the story about Nancy Grace and her opinion. What I see is that Nancy Grace used this story to launch her own personal agenda and ratings, and then when her trial by media backfired she is now throwing a temper tantrum. Regardless of whether Casey Anthony is actually guilty or not, the jury and a system that Nancy Grace supported until her and her show ended up with egg on her face, found Casey Anthony not guilty and since none of were on the jury we don't have all the facts that lead them to make their decision, and no Nancy Grace trial by media of her own opinions and basis doesn't count as knowing all the facts of the case. Let Nancy Grace go back to prosecuting since she has all the answers. Maybe she is better at the courtroom than her trial as judge and jury show that only came to reveal her personal interests. As far as her show is concerned, I will never watch it.

July 7, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Reid Adair

Well said, Greg. Nancy Grace did something similar with Melinda Duckett, and Grace ended up getting sued (and settling out of court for $200,000).

If she doesn't shut her mouth on this case, she'll be getting sued again – and she should get sued.

July 7, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
    • SixDegrees

Quite correct. And it isn't the first time she's grossly distorted facts or outright lied to gain attention, ratings or money.

Look up her Wikipedia entry for an introduction to her earlier misdeeds. She really needs to follow Glen Beck and 'pursue other interests' off the airwaves.

July 7, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • paula

@ Greg – A NOT GUILTY VERDIT DOES NOT MEAN INNOCENT!!!!!

July 7, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Melinda Duckett

She killed me and they stopped looking for my lost child.

July 7, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kay

Sorry, Paula...but everyone is presumed INNOCENT until proven guilty in a court of law. Therefore, since the jury found that she was *not* proven guilty, she REMAINS "innocent".

July 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

The GRACEless one should simply go away. CNN keeps her for ratings....sad really.

July 10, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |