July 6th, 2011

Strauss-Kahn attorneys to meet with prosecutors

Attorneys for Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the French financier who has pleaded not guilty to sexual abuse and attempted rape charges, are scheduled to meet with prosecutors Wednesday, a source with knowledge of the case told CNN.

The meeting comes days after prosecutors disclosed to Strauss-Kahn's defense team that investigators had uncovered several credibility issues concerning the woman who accused him of attacking her as she tried to clean his Manhattan hotel suite in May.

The charges prompted Strauss-Kahn to resign from his post as managing director of the International Monetary Fund.

Questions about the case surfaced last week when Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance indicated the woman, 32, had been less than truthful with authorities about some aspects of her life and her whereabouts immediately after the alleged attack.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Dominique Strauss-Kahn
  1. hobot

y is this news? asnother super rich man thats not gonna c jail. $ makes it all go away

July 6, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. hctib

I know. although it might not be applicable in this case, it's always a great defense to blame the victim.

July 6, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jonathan Witerski

I have to admit it seemed likely he was guilty after watching the major news networks discuss the case; however, it seems that things are not always what they appear, considering the major developments we have now heard regarding the credibility of the maid. Now I'm wondering if we don't have another case of media character assassination going on again. As I've said before, the defamation of character laws need to be changed and the media needs to be held accountable for glib reporting. – Jonathan Witerski

July 6, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. more lemon pledge

I too am a millionaire and even though I can afford any escort in the world, I prefer raping hotel maids also. what a rush. They love their jobs so much more when I'm a guest.

July 7, 2011 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mack

I agree with more lemon pledge, although I am just a 23-year-old truck driver with aspirations to move to Hollywood and become an actor. I seem to be a turn-on to attractive women, and a recent Miss Universe calls my cell phone four or five times a day.
    Beauty contest winners and models bore me.
    What I'm really interested in is hotel and motel housekeepers. I know you're supposed to call them that, but in my fantasies they're maids.
    I don't like it if they're smart, or talk about my even features. I like them ethnic–any kind–and immigrants are the best.
    There's something about a maid.

July 7, 2011 at 5:54 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ Mack:
    I was saddened to read your post of 5:54 AM.
    It is obvious that you lack proper respect for women and want to view them in a subordinate social position.
    Housekeepers serve a very important function in our society.
    If you actually do go to Hollywood to pursue a career as some sort of movie star, you would be well advised to be polite to female casting agents and secretaries, as they may have more power over you than you realize.

July 7, 2011 at 6:06 am | Report abuse |