July 9th, 2011

Human Rights Watch: Syrian forces ordered to shoot unarmed protesters

Syrian security forces were commanded to shoot unarmed protesters, according to military and security agency defectors interviewed by a human rights watchdog.

Human Rights Watch said Saturday that they "described receiving, and following, orders to shoot on protesters to disperse them."

Efforts to reach the Syrian government for comment were not immediately successful.

The claims coincide with ongoing assertions by Syrian activists that security personnel have assaulted unarmed protesters. The Syrian regime claims armed groups are responsible for the violence at the demonstrations, which erupted nationwide in mid-March

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Syria
  1. Nazi Resistance

My friends and countrymen, Adolph Hitler burned down the Reichstag! It wasn't the "terrorists" that did it! I have proof! You gotta believe me friends! "Another conspiracy theorist. What an idiot. We need to get rid of those conspiracy wacko's huh."

July 9, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Buddha

Anyone know that the swastika was a buddhist symbol and other religious symbols throughout history? Maybe the same con artist has been messing with us over the centuries?

July 9, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

@Buddha...exactly. Government's throughought history that have risen to militarily either dominate (or have an overwhemning force that easily could) the entire inhabited earth have been using the same tricks over and over and over again throughout the 5,000 years of recorded history. Only 7 nations have ever risen to this status, with a couple of those being two allied nations. So it's not like you have to research every single nation to figure this out for yourself. Or you could just go on being ignorant. he he

July 9, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buddha

@Philip: Well since you believe in the whole Bible thing, you could then be open minded enough to at least acknowledge that perhaps one evil con artist being has formed multiple religions over the years in order to keep humanity in control and at each other's throats over the years. You always speak of sodomy, well perhaps when uber christian Bush went after part time muslim Saddam (Sodom) he rained down on him fire and brimstone. The chemical and biological weapons would of course not be physical metal weapons, but rather the weapon was in Saddam's pants. With that being said.. There was many innocent people who are caught in the middle of this and neither side (if there really are different sides) is really "good" in the eyes of God who would frown upon such behavior. I've talked with many people who see ph all ic symbols in swords and guns etc.. I guess my point is this: If there is God (which I believe in) then is there really no way to solve this without men being forced to break God's commandments?) I would say no. None of this is just. No side is good. The way to win the game is to not play and let God do his job, instead of being lied to by false prophets (which is against the first commandment anyways).

July 9, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Maybe people are tired....

...of your stupid he he's.

July 9, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. The French Resistance

@Philip...I hear ya man. and ditto, back atcha, same old crap, different century.

July 9, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

What the hay Jazzy. You weren't supposed to jump in until they all ganged-up on me. he he [chuckle]

July 9, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Philip

@ Buddha...exactly again! The vast najority of people claim that there's still time to "right the ship". This as they snorkel ! Amazing really. The only thing left to do is to get as far away from them as possible, and certainly not do they're bidding for them. That goes for all of the war-mongering governments and the religions that cater to them. Get as far away from them as you can, or drown right along with them. (where can i get me one of those snorkels?) he he

July 9, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

@Buddha...more on swastikas. American Indians had them too. They decorated books by Rudyard Kipling. The British had swastika lapel pins during WW1. Ancient carvings of swastikas can be found from Ireland to South America, and among ancient artwork from many places. But it's nowhere near being an "universal symbol", for it is NOT found in most cultures...just several. The nazi party ran on the platform that all those swastikas throughout the world were proof that the Aryans had ruled those places. (funny, 'aryan' is an Indian dialect and was never referred to as a people until the nazi political party thought it up to fool voters. Many political party's throughout the world use the same trick today, and it still works!

July 9, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Buddha

@Philip: Jesus would be included in this. I find striking similarities between Jesus' story and that of Julius Caesar (Ceasar meaning emperor and Christ meaning anointed one) Both initials of JC. Both betrayed by those closest to them. Honestly I'd rather live a short time here than a long time. I've made my choice and so have others. They went "all in" too early and the chosen few who call their bluffs are going to be the lucky ones. If they hadn't tried to beat me into "submission" then I might have picked their team. No honor amongst thieves. I still remember the saying "If everyone jumped off a bridge would you?" I'm not following the masses on this one. Maybe if everyone likes a movie I might see it, but that's only $8.. My soul belongs to me.

July 9, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Buddha

@Philip: Great convo, but I don't subscribe to the idea that we are just dumb, random, bumbling meat beings. If you subscribe to the idea of God and a plan then it negates any random chaos. Even the cross, southern cross and swastika all have similarities. There were dots removed from Hitler's symbol, as have there been ones that went in different directions. K gotta go now. Good talk.

July 9, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

The personalities of Jesus Christ and Julius Caesar weren't very similar though you must agree. I did see a glimmer of Caesar in that whip Jesus made out of tent-chords that he cracked! Pop! Snap! Heawe Now! Get on outta here your crooked Jews! Good Jews ripe for converting to Christianity are my friends and you will NOT be robbing them in my Father's temple. Pop! Snap crack! Git on outta here ya bums. he he, other than that...the initials are the same. They were contemprarys that never met. Jesus was a thorn in the High Priest's side...not Caesar's.

July 9, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Philip

K Buddha...nice chat here. See ya round. 🙂

July 9, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Last word not really buddha

@Philip: I would ask that you look up certain movies such as Avatar, and the Terminator. James Cameron (JC) directed Avatar and the enemy in that movie are the "sky people". The terminator has a savior John Connor (JC) fighting Skynet. Either someone is being themself, or someone is pretending to be something their not.

July 9, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Last word not really buddha

They're not.. typo.. Going now for real.

July 9, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |