July 9th, 2011

U.S. recognizes South Sudan

The United States recognizes South Sudan as a sovereign and independent state, U.S. President Barack Obama said Saturday.

"After so much struggle by the people of South Sudan, the United States of America welcomes the birth of a new nation," Obama said in a statement. "Today is a reminder that after the darkness of war, the light of a new dawn is possible. A proud flag flies over Juba and the map of the world has been redrawn."

Post by:
Filed under: Barack Obama • South Sudan • Sudan • World
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I knew a number of full-bloodied Germans who were living in Germany during World War II.
    They had no part in the Reich other than being in youth organizations, which was what one did.
    Adults tried to get out.

July 9, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Maybe people are tired....

....of you lecturing all the time, Philip.

July 9, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ Philip:
    I hope you don't think that I am making fun of you.
    I was of the impression that most people knew that Hitler had the Reichstag burned and blamed it on some pathetic creature whose name I forget.
    Diether has seen the History Channel.
    He likes you.
    He's enjoying himself since he escaped the car trunk.

July 9, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

If Nancy Grace herself were to report one of my "lectures" verbatim, ya know what most of you folfk's would post? "Nancy? She's alright I guess. a little long in the tooth maybe" or "she's only saying that because...". At least that's how I feel around here lately. (trolls aside even)

July 9, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I DID NOT POST the 7:49 "Hey Buddy" stuff.

July 9, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mmmmm

There's a lot of empty barrels on this thread...

July 9, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Philip, everybody likes you.
    (I'm not crazy about Nancy Grace, BTW.)
    I'm a pumpkin in a few minutes.
    I like it when everybody plays nicely together.

July 9, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. yeah

I agree. Why do we need to recognize more darkeys? There are enough black people already. Too many I think.

July 9, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mad Hatter

@Jazzzzzzzz. LOL

July 9, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

@Joey...I'm talking about my post(s). Not about me. I even like me, and I hardly like anyone. I do love them though, I just don't like what they're doing. And they're doing more of it lately. Is anyone ever gonna discuss The Carlyle Group with me? I've been posting this stuff for years online...over a year here. It's like i'm cheap entertainment to them Joey. It's what inspired my 'Ahkmed's' personality. His countrymen joined the invaders too. We are being invaded by our own government Joey! And people are playing right along...for years. Decades of this I have seen with my own eyes.

July 9, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

As long as Ahkmed has respect for his fellow man and submission to the will of God, he's all right with me.
    Some day I'll bring up a topic here about the complex causes of the Holocaust.
    It cannot be that just one "madman" caused all of that, or that only the German people did it as a one-sided evil action.
    It's an unpopular view, but I see it as a civil war.
    It gave Hitler a chance to be a star, which was what he wanted. He just got it as a politician, not as an artist.
    My puppet Diether is a fun-and-games show, but Diether is wise in the ways of the world, and in the mystical forces of the dark, Hexe-filled forests.

July 9, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Philip

@Jazzy...ya know how we cheat on our taxes? I mean like we stretch-it in our own favor, or who have accountants neen doing it for years? The Group isn't going to report what I report, now are they? But you did establish that they do in fact exist. And most of The Group's founder's are pretty old now. HW Bush, James Baker III(his lawfirm bought-up all the right's to old worthless Soviet Oilwells in the Caspian Basin after the USSR fell, and the area was carved-up into several tiny countries) Carlucci, John Major...all have heart problems. All those wells stopped pumping decades ago when Arab nations with sea-ports developed their oilfields. Russia used to supply about 60% of the worlds oil from these wells, but they are landlocked. But with the emergance of the China economy thirsty for oil, it now becomes feasable to construct pipelines clear to China. Only The Carlyle Group went after those then worthless oilwells. everyone else knew the Taliban government would never allow them to go thru Afghanistan.

July 9, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

Remember, this all started years and years ago. George HW Bush wasn't just head of the CIA before becoing president. He had an oil corporation, Bush-Zapata, famous for helping Kuwat develop their oilfiekds. Most-all big American oil corporations were into developing Arab oilfields. Cheaper oil from their seaports, AND it brings down the USSR eventually. Plus it would be Bushco oil sold to China in the distant future. All China needed was oil to grow, they had plenty of workers. This has been common knowledge for over a century. The bush family figured out a way to profit from common information. Now you kinda have to be an insider to see how it was done. The greatest scam in the history of mankind. A materpiece among pinch-pots really.

July 9, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

The last time I went through Denver, the Bush brother's old Silverado Saving's and Loan offices were still vacant...even after all these years since they scammed soooo many people and not even one of them went to jail. The Bush family is without a doubt one of the most interesting families family in all of history. Did you know they are blood related to the Queen of England? And get this: so is Colin Powell, whose grandma was raypedz by Bush's geat-grandfather who was a brit. officer occupying Haiti. She was one of his slaves kids. I don't think it was considered raypedz back then though. It was like making them tote a bale or something to them. Sick huh.

July 9, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

@Jazzy...of course the Taliban government of Afghanistan knew of the Bush-bin Laden connection. Bush and Blair paid Usama 50 million to illegally go into Afghan. and kick the Societ's out, which he did. How did they know? It was reported by the BBC...everyone knew. Then bush made a deal with the Taliban whreby US troops would now, after 911, go into Afghan. and get the "terrorist" bin laden. As we know and have sattelite images of, the troops alowed OBL to escape to Pakistan, and kicked-out the Taliban instead. See? The bush family IS interesting.

July 9, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |