Ex-Egypt leader Hosni Mubarak in coma
Ousted Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak has had complications from stomach cancer, his family lawyer said in June.
July 17th, 2011

Ex-Egypt leader Hosni Mubarak in coma

Ousted Egyptian strongman Hosni Mubarak has lapsed into a coma after months of ill health, his attorney and a hospital official said Sunday.

The 83-year-old ex-ruler fell into a coma around noon (6 a.m. ET), Mubarak lawyer Farid El Deeb told CNN. Hospital officials initially denied the report to Egypt's state-run Nile TV, but Mohamed Fathalla, the head of the Sharm el-Sheikh facility where Mubarak was being held confirmed Mubarak's condition Sunday evening.

"Yes, he is in a coma," Fathalla said.

Mubarak faces trial in August on charges of ordering police to kill anti-government protesters during the uprising that forced him from office in February. He faces a possible death sentence if convicted.

He was hospitalized after suffering heart palpitations in April and has been struggling with complications from stomach cancer, his family lawyer said in June.

Mubarak stepped down February 11 after an 18-day uprising during which pro-democracy protesters demanded a change in government and reforms. Egypt is now ruled by a military council and a caretaker Cabinet, which has promised reform and new elections.

Mubarak's sons, Gama and Alaa, also face corruption charges.

Read the complete CNN story

Post by:
Filed under: Egypt
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I did not write the 2:34 post.
    The troll puts me in good company.
    Any time you read the work "jerk," it probably was not put there by me.
    I had a wonderful day while Hagen, I think, worked on my behalf.

July 17, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mmmmm

american people like good-looking bad boys...he'll get relected...just will have a lot of making up to do...

July 17, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jay Horn

It was the people that bought houses they couldnt afford and live beyond their means that caused the recession

July 17, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

No it's the banks...and their shady terms

July 17, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Steverolo

...but it was the Bush Years that made the housing bust possible, Jay Horn...

July 17, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. fernace

Ol' Hosni gettin' hosed by his god! I see this as righteous karma! His sons & other criminals in his regime will stand trial, but this old dude gets a sentence from a higher power!!

July 17, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jaun B.

Daddy , Daddy "mommys holding me down and shes doing the up and down thing on me now " ......!!!!! "Daddy ! Help!! ,wait a minute ........ It actually feels really good ....... Can mommy just finish please.... oohhaaauuuhhh" !!!!! " Son what just happened is your mother just gave u your first head-job , get used to it she does this to everyone that walks through the door , she probably is just feeling hot n hor/ny at the moment and is just practicing for tommorows customers"..!!!!

July 17, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Yah feckin' seck cookie! Cut the sheeit out!

July 17, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

jaun, you give trailer trash like me a bad name..

July 17, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. DIXIE norm ash

@jaun.. lame..

July 17, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Listen to Jay Horn sometimes.
    No bank made anybody buy an absurdly overpriced house.

July 17, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Joey don't choo ever get tired, worn out, sick of, just plain had it of playin' the devil's advocate?

July 17, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jaun B.

Holy Hesus !!! Woman , "now shes suc : ing off chilito the dam Chi – jau – jau(little dog)" "goodness woman cant u see were eating over here damit!!!! Put little chilito down now! and come and eat some tostadas and tacos .....!! Do u have to do that crap to every one n thing that walks through that door" now put down that dog and come and eat a taco and give it a rest !!!! Tommorow is gonna be another day .......!!!!!

July 17, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mubarak

i paid Fathalla off... it only cost 5$. and a pizza hut coupon for free large 1-topping pizza..
    now im going to stay in my bedroom and watch "archie bunker" for a few months.

July 17, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

remember to tell Fathalla to tip the pizza man..

July 17, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Juan,
    I know that you can do better.
    Start with something with an expected sequence, then surprise us several times.
    Have you ever considered writing about different areas of the body?
    Don't go right to the feet, boy.

July 17, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I'm not playing devil's advocate.
    It's all right to have an opinion different from the party line.
    Mmmmmm, sometimes I even agree with you, but when I do, there's no reason for my repeating what you've just said.

July 17, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. gung hoe

Hey steverolo yep it was the bush years when the houseing bust happened but bush didnt cause it like you bleeding heart libbies like to profess It was your buddies chris dodd and everybodys favorite toothless gayboy barney frank So next time educate yourself before making accusations please

July 17, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Mmmmmm,
    Please don't start fights with me.
    Even my own father, who didn't really want children and was pathetically jealous of my talent from the time I was three years old, once had to say, "nobody ever got anything off of ((Joey))."

July 17, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Catholic Priest

Quit lying joey i used to get ass of you all the time !!! And the only talent u had was keeping your mouth SHUT as i booty rayped your tight little hole on a weekly bases at caticisism class u little lyer !!!!! Now tell the truth!!!!

July 17, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • HRH banasy

I see that the Tea Party brigade is here in full force as the bozo above showed by posting his lingo on this web page and trolling a bunch of people here like Catholic Priest,Joey, Ruffnutt and I.

July 17, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |