July 24th, 2011

8-year-old boy hanged because father wouldn't help militants, officials say

An 8 year-old boy was hanged by militants in Afghanistan's Helmand province after the boy's father - a police officer in the southern city of Gereshk - refused to comply with militants' demands to provide them with a police vehicle, officials said.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai condemned the hanging, saying "this action is not permitted in any culture or any religions," according to a statement Sunday, which provided details of the incident.

Karzai said he has ordered local authorities to root out the militants and arrest them "as soon as possible." The boy was kidnapped Friday. It was unclear when he was killed.

The incident comes amid a recent wave of attacks on local officials who are considered anti-Taliban. Read the full story

Post by:
Filed under: Afghanistan • Terrorism
  1. Uh

Pictures, or it didnt happen. Why are stories like this even being circulated? Weve done worse to their people. Lol

July 24, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • lipservice

Uh, slap your mother for giving birth to an idiot. Crawl back in your hole and stfu. Thank you in advance, you anal retentive twit.

July 24, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • oh

Shocking that the murders and the father didn't think to snap a photo for you.

July 25, 2011 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
    • oh

BTW the boy in New York that was dismembered...did you happen to see a photo? Oh then you think it didn't happen? Maybe you should learn to read books that don't only have pictures in them. I mean come on...you were born, but is there a picture of you being born? Oh there isn't? Then you must never have been born according to your logic!

July 25, 2011 at 3:21 am | Report abuse |
  2. Philip

According to the FBI, over 2,100 American children go missing...every single day. About 3/4ths are runaways who are found. That leaves 500 or more missing American children, having God knows what done to them. Only about 100 of these missing children are found dead each year, so that leaves a lot of missing children unaccounted for. Maybe if Karzai ordered that whoever kidnapped them be found something might get done. Karzai is an American citizen ya know.

July 24, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. fernace

Hey banasy real, trollanasy you ain't fakin' nobody, take your tail & slither into the nearest cave, be gone, poof! Haven't heard from ya in a while, banasy, but this is 1 of those topics that call us to comment on! I'm at a loss what to say! An 8 year old child is dead as punishment to his father! I can hardly believe I live on the same planet as people who are willing to commit such crimes! My family in Norway can't believe their peaceful nation could sustain such a horrid attack! The world is going nuts, including our gov't who knows they must raise the ceiling & balance the budget, & they're playng games! Is this really how the end of the world manifests itself!? I still have so much to do, as all of us!!

July 24, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Hey fern-I hope this lights a fire under the parents of children everywhere in Afghanistan and they fight against the terrorist who murdered this boy. Nothing like a mother and fathers anger to help put an end to terror.

July 24, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ART

Their god is an awesome god, and they can keep him.

July 24, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • The CIA hanged him. The US govt lies and kills ALL.

F*** your religion

July 25, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  5. banasy

@ Rumpelstiltskin:
    What the hell are you talking about?
    Banasy doesn't mean most beautiful, either.
    There's a personal meaning to it that the trolls don't know about, which is what the difference between me and the trolls who steal my name.
    This isn't a game.
    I suggest YOU stop playing them, then!

July 24, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rumpledforeskin

@banasy: Sorry I found a "definition" as you claimed there was one. Deep breath and relax... I don't play games.. I'm the anti-gamer. I just have a lot of time on my hands. Lol In regards to your idea of stealing a kid vs a car.. Your logic has no place here as I'm sure you're keenly aware.
      @Uh: If you want pictures please send cameras to the bottom of the Laurentian Abyss. That is where Bin Baden's body is next to Megatron, A submarine wreckage from The Hunt For Red October, Those friendly subterranean aliens from the Abyss and Hoffa's body. Ever notice how James Cameron's movies always have the bad guys up and the good guys down? Sky people Skynet.. Bad.. Aliens located wayyyy down are the good ones. Maybe JC needs to start rethinking his relationship with the heavens..

July 24, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

@Rumpelstiltskin:

Although I *am* beautiful!

July 24, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy

@fernace:
    Hi!
    This is one of the saddest stories I have ever read, and when I was reading it to my older daughter, she said:
    "If they can steal a *kid*, why couldn't they steal the *car*?
    Why, indeed.

July 24, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy

@Rumpledforeskin: (ha!)

Thanks.
    It's not really a game, I was being a smart ass when I said "thanks for playing".
    And a few of my friends do know what banasy is, but I much prefer your definiton!
    Keep on rockin, Rumple!

July 25, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  9. Beatrice

What gangs do is all the same, regardless of creed.

July 25, 2011 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  10. deon proud christian

how can you hurt a child that cant defend himself and i bet they did it in the name of the almighty lol thats what they do wen they bomb or kill ppl lol in the name of allah and oh yes they say its the perfect way of life now dont get me wrong im no hater but jst tink bout it did god or allah said its ok to kill as long as we remind ppl he is the greatest

July 25, 2011 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  11. The CIA hanged him. The US govt lies and kills ALL.

The CIA did it. The US government is your enemy. The people are your friends. Do not trust your government. F*** ALL religions. Wake up, you fools!

July 25, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  12. margot

I would love to watch the video. I get off on 8 y/o hangers

July 25, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  13. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I can barely believe that anyone could hang an eight-year-old boy for any reason at all.
    I am nauseated.

July 25, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

Did you ever think about the CIA? These people will stop at nothing to reach their objective no matter who gets hurt or killed in the process!

July 25, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  14. jj

these people are animals over there. did u guys hear the one @ their gay activities? well as it turns out women over there r considered to be so nasty and impure that men would rather hump each other because men r considered to be more pure. its true. i cant make this crap up.

July 25, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy

Oh can't you, jj? It sounds like something only a right-wing fanatic would say and these fanatics will say almost anything to keep this war fever going! The question remains, however, is to who really killed that boy but I guess that we'll never know for sure.

July 25, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  15. jj

bans WTH does this have to with me leaning to the right??? wow ignorance is bliss! ok you move over there bans and see what 3rd class citizen u would be. that was my only point wow

July 25, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |